Do we have a better team Today than the day Pete was hired?

Are the Seahawks a better team today than when Pete was hired?

• Yes

Votes: 67 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
That 2009 team was a crap show. TJ WHO…? It needed some dirt bags!

This season needs to start like yesterday so some people can relax.

toffee

Reaction score
One of Pete’s 3 rules. No excuses. But plenty here to make then for Pete.
Two of Pete's 3 rules: No Excuses and Always Compete.

Both did not apply to Russ, if fact, anyone in the locker room dare to critique Russ, you are out of here. GM dare to scout on QBs? Cry, moan, and complain to Pete.

toffee

Reaction score
@Fade had mentioned the Pro Bowl in this thread, and now we're talking about All-Pros, so here's a source for reviewing the two things, just to make sure we're all clear on the differences:

To summarize it in terms Wilson fans can understand, Russell Wilson has been selected (as a player or an alternate) for the Pro Bowl nine times in his career, but he has only been second-team All-Pro once, and he's tied with me in number of times being first-team All-Pro.
You, me and Russ are tied in number of times being first team all-pro.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
First rule is: Always protect the team, 2nd rule is "No whining or complaining" All the rules are in Pete's book which is worth reading.

Sadly there is plenty enough whining here to poison the conversations.

toffee

Reaction score
will you change your tune when this team goes 4-13? becuase thats whats going to happen
I would if we go 4-13 or something similar in the coming 3 consecutive years. Would you start loving it after we go 4-13, 7-10 and 12-5?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I would if we go 4-13 or something similar in the coming 3 consecutive years. Would you start loving it after we go 4-13, 7-10 and 12-5?
That wasn't the question. Even after what looks to be a good draft, this team is one of the 5 worst in the league. Im fine with a reset as long as it results in being competitive again.

BASF

Reaction score
That wasn't the question. Even after what looks to be a good draft, this team is one of the 5 worst in the league. Im fine with a reset as long as it results in being competitive again.
Funny that you say that considering the 2009 team was literally the fifth worst team in the league. The main difference is that the age and physicality of the talent in each position group is very different. As has been discussed several times earlier, there are only a few players from the 2009 team that would be starters on the 2022 team. The point made about the size and speed of the defense of '09 team is more understated than anything else. There was only a few players on that defense who had the physical ability to make plays sideline to sideline, several of which did not have their head on straight to diagnose plays. There are several players that were early in their career who would have made the 2022 team and maybe with better coaching be better than they were, but several players were on the downside of their careers and would not have even made our current roster.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Will this year’s team be playing the exact same opponents as the 2010 team? No? Then the record - whatever it ends up being - won’t be reflective of whether this is a better team because the comparison in competition is different.

Rainger

Reaction score
will you change your tune when this team goes 4-13? becuase thats whats going to happen
If you truly believe the garbage you are spewing than you are delusional. You honestly believe the make up of this team is worse than last years team?? So the draft and other moves never happened? So no team wins 50% of the time without a HOF QB?

As I have said on multiple treads this years team will be 8 or 9 wins. If I am wrong and it is 4 rub it in my face, but If I am closer than you with your prediction of 4 wins I want you to come on (as I will) and make a thread apologizing for your lack of faith and admit the team is bigger than RW or your hatred of Pete.

Please mark these posts for the end of this season. I have book marked this. You should do the same.

Rainger

Reaction score
Will this year’s team be playing the exact same opponents as the 2010 team? No? Then the record - whatever it ends up being - won’t be reflective of whether this is a better team because the comparison in competition is different.
Sorry 85 but that is too logical for the emotional Pete haters and RW apologists and groupies.

themunn

Reaction score

Even if we did go 4-13 I'd garner that this team is probably still better than the 2009 team.
Do recall that 3 of wins against in 2009 came against teams with a combined 3 wins (1-15 Rams x 2 + 2-14 Lions). Not a single win against a team with a winning record. 6 losses by more than 2 TDs (just 1 last year - Wilson's first game back), 9 losses of more than 10 points (4 last year - Wilson at QB for all of them), a -110 point differential (as opposed to +29 last year)

Last year, and presumably next, we'll continue to play in one of the league's strongest divisions (as opposed to what was one of the worst, given we won the division with a 7-9 record in 2010), so even if we finish 2-15, I would still back the team over that 2009 team.

toffee

Reaction score
If you truly believe the garbage you are spewing than you are delusional. You honestly believe the make up of this team is worse than last years team?? So the draft and other moves never happened? So no team wins 50% of the time without a HOF QB?

As I have said on multiple treads this years team will be 8 or 9 wins. If I am wrong and it is 4 rub it in my face, but If I am closer than you with your prediction of 4 wins I want you to come on (as I will) and make a thread apologizing for your lack of faith and admit the team is bigger than RW or your hatred of Pete.

Please mark these posts for the end of this season. I have book marked this. You should do the same.
Last year's super bowl champ was QB by a mediocre dude, not HOF material, only been to probowl once and not last year.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Last year's super bowl champ was QB by a mediocre dude, not HOF material, only been to probowl once and not last year.

And that QB counted for $20M against the Rams' cap while Wilson counted for $32M against the Seahawks' cap.

Y'know, it almost seems like a team with an adequate-but-not-great QB who's making significantly less than the top-paid QBs in the league can win some titles.

toffee

Reaction score
And that QB counted for $20M against the Rams' cap while Wilson counted for $32M against the Seahawks' cap.

Y'know, it almost seems like a team with an adequate-but-not-great QB who's making significantly less than the top-paid QBs in the league can win some titles.
But that mediocre QB was better than our HOF Russ according to a probowl WR that played seasons with both QBs.

BASF

Reaction score
But that mediocre QB was better than our HOF Russ according to a probowl WR that played seasons with both QBs.
Well sure, if said receiver was kicked off the team because he cuckolded said HOF, he would take shots at the HOF.