Do we 'hate' the Rams?

Do we hate the Rams?

• Yes, with a vengeance. I hate all our NFC West rivals!

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Eh, I certainly don't like the Rams, but they don't hold a candle to my burning hatred of the 49ers!

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I definitely don't hate the Rams right now. I hated them under Fischer because they were loaded with talent, but were consistently dirty and underperformed against just about everybody except the Hawks.

I find it hard to hate them right now when McVay seems to be running a program that does it the right way. Their fans on the other hand can be absolutely insufferable, especially if they're drunk at a game.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I hated the Rams under Martz when they beat us 3 times in 1 season and Isaac Bruce did this.
2002088749.jpg

I hated them under Fischer because they took cheap shots and only woke up to play real football when they saw Seahawks on the schedule.

And I hate them now under McVay because anyone who has shaken hand with McVay is a head coaching candidate. And Jared Goff can't read a defense without McVay in his ear telling him what's happening.

Easily my most hated rival. The Niners rivalry was a flash in the pan and Seattle came out on top with a Superbowl win. Now Harbaugh is gone and they're nothing.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I have always hated the Rams. As stated above, the cheap shots fueled it further. Now they have another cheap shot artist with Clay Matthews.

Greg Williams
Suh
Clay Matthews
Marshall Faulk
Jeff Fisher...

...what's not to hate about that list?

At least the 49ers were a competition kind of hate!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":337lehed said:
With a passion. And them being handed the Super Bowl birth made it even worse.

The Saints got the ball in overtime and Brees threw a pick. How is that being handed a SB birth?

I get it, it was a bad call, it was an all time bad call. But the Saints could have won in over time, and blew it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":20hnzq2j said:
I have always hated the Rams. As stated above, the cheap shots fueled it further. Now they have another cheap shot artist with Clay Matthews.

Greg Williams
Suh
Clay Matthews
Marshall Faulk
Jeff Fisher...

I'm curious how Faulk makes your list?He had nothing
to do with the defense.
He was a great player and he helps Penny out being they
both came from the same school.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3fq8yuts said:
MD5eahawks":3fq8yuts said:

Greg Williams
Suh
Clay Matthews
Marshall Faulk
Jeff Fisher...

I'm curious how Faulk makes your list?He had nothing
to do with the defense.
He was a great player and he helps Penny out being they
both came from the same school.
Faulk just has zero respect for the Seahawks. I don't think I've ever heard him give a good review of anything Seahawks. That's all. He's a great player, but he's a hater. The list wasn't a defense hate list. It was a Rams hate list. I know I left one or two out but I thought that was plenty.

I guess the gist of the post was that at least I can respectfully hate the 49ers but there is nothing worth respecting about the Rams.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":dklbfhd3 said:
And he has that condescending tone, every time someone brings up the Hawks. EVERY time.
That's it. That's the word I was looking for.
The cat didn't have my tongue at all. It was you. :lol:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2b1vn0v0 said:
Look, the guy was an amazing player. But he just kind of seems like a dick.

He obviously is. I think he may have hit one of his baby mama's back in the day, and he got canned by the NFLN for the sexual harassment situation.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Threedee":1n6mahjd said:
I think we all hated Fisher. With him gone, a new reason will have to manifest itself.
Already there. Clay Mathews. Meet the new Ram, same as the old Ram.

Threedee

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1ioekyyp said:
Threedee":1ioekyyp said:
I think we all hated Fisher. With him gone, a new reason will have to manifest itself.
Already there. Clay Mathews. Meet the new Ram, same as the old Ram.

For some reason, I always thought of Goldilocks as a career Packer.

Threedee

Reaction score
Rams are the real LA team. I think the football Clippers will fail to win fans, and start to perennially suck post-Rivers. If the Rams fail to draw a fan base, it will simply prove the conventional wisdom about LA and the NFL.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Threedee":1727y5kt said:
Rams are the real LA team. I think the football Clippers will fail to win fans, and start to perennially suck post-Rivers. If the Rams fail to draw a fan base, it will simply prove the conventional wisdom about LA and the NFL.

Chargers to LA was a terrible mistake. I could've understood the Raiders. Even putting aside history, though, the Raiders are a franchise that could probably make money anywhere. Oakland, San Jose, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Portland, San Antonio, the list goes on.

NINEster

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1e2b4aa8 said:
The NFC West is weird. Generally, success breeds that feeling of rivalry among fans. The Seahawks/Niners was a short lived rivalry, but happened because both teams were legit Super Bowl contenders at the same time.

The Rams/Niners is the longest rivalry in the NFC West and one of the longest in NFL history - but the teams took turns dominating each other for almost entire decades. The GSOT didn't last long enough for anyone to hate the Rams, and there was a realignment towards the end of it anyways.

For me, I only dislike Seattle because I dislike both Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson - and I disliked both of them from their college days. I "hated" them when they had Hasselbeck and Alexander - but mostly because they dominated the Rams for so long.

But for us at the end of the day, the Niners are the (much) more hated team. I don't think that Niners fans hate the Rams as much as we hate the Niners, and it mostly goes back to SOSAR and the 17 straight losses in the 90s.

I was just a kid, but I'll never forget watching the 42-20 win against the Niners to snap that streak in 1999 - and if my dad was hooked up to a lie detector, I think he would say that win was more satisfying than the Super Bowl win - and that's some true hatred right there.

As a Niner fan I can imagine your joy at snapping the long win streak. IIRC the last win against the 49ers prior to that was against Joe Montana at Candlestick in 1990, which was an eternity even back then. I recently rewatched the SNF 1994 game that went down to the wire, a game against a soon to be SB champion. Anyway, while not on the same level, the last 49ers/Seahawk game was easily the most notable team win in a few seasons.

You hit the nail on the head..........Carroll and Wilson.

When they're gone the hate will subside.

I think you're right. Don't really hate the Rams........although this season could be different....

NINEster

Reaction score
Threedee":2k9bpfk6 said:

I loved him.

My only wish with him was that he could have lasted one more game to coach against the Seahawks one last time.....

Rams wins versus Seahawks are whatever with McVay. But with Fisher, it was eating ice cream from the carton....... :irishdrinkers: