Do PC/JS have a Mahomes-Allen QB man-crush on any '23 QBs?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
None of them have the juice or arm that either of those guys had coming out. Maybe Richardson, but he doesn't have the general competence either of those guys had. Even Allen, who was super rough around the edges.

I'm sure they LIKE one or a couple of these guys, but I don't particularly expect JS to be drooling over any of them. If he does like Richardson, I think he knows Richardson needs more time in the oven.
I beg to differ; I watched a video of Levis throwing at practice from behind. Dude has a serious arm. Arm talent for days.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Bryce Young is a bit underrated around here. I've been watching him a lot and what surprises me is he's not afraid to step up in the pocket even at his smaller stature. He hangs around in the pocket and makes these little Mahommes like moves in space when people are coming at him.

Like Russ he is great at improv. but he also looks like he's able to play within the confines of the offense as schemed. I saw more Mahommes in the way he played the game than Wilson.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Bryce Young is a bit underrated around here. I've been watching him a lot and what surprises me is he's not afraid to step up in the pocket even at his smaller stature. He hangs around in the pocket and makes these little Mahommes like moves in space when people are coming at him.

Like Russ he is great at improv. but he also looks like he's able to play within the confines of the offense as schemed. I saw more Mahommes in the way he played the game than Wilson.
I agree. Many scouts have a really high grade on Young. If Seattle ended up with him(I think he goes #1) I would be beyond excited. His size is the only concern but his tape is fantastic.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Dug fans looking great so far vs Michigan. Could he be a 3 round pick?

CPHawk

Reaction score

Underrated how? He is going #1, so why would we think we have a shot at him?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Underrated how? He is going #1, so why would we think we have a shot at him?
I said “around here”. People in this forum have been ragging on him lately. There is always the chance that his height/combine performance drops him as well.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I said “around here”. People in this forum have been ragging on him lately. There is always the chance that his height/combine performance drops him as well.
I like him a lot. My biggest worry about him is that he will end up similar to RGIII and Tua. Meaning he will get beat to shit due to his size. Wilson has managed to stay in the NFL so long because he avoids the big hits. If Young can do that, then he is worth the top pick.

vonstout

Reaction score
Young and Stroud both looked great today. I have a feeling they may take one of them if they are there when we pick.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The best QB so far that I’ve seen, is Maye. He makes every throw and can run. Too bad he won’t be eligible this season. I can see why Notre Dame offered him $5 mill to transfer there. Lucky for NC, he decided to not take it.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
Stroud is Goff+. And Young is micro Mahomes because he looks like he weighs about 180 pounds. I doubt JS gets too excited for either guy. But if I had to choose, I’d go Stroud.

Admittedly, watching Tua/Baker struggle to stay healthy has me skeptical about Young’s chances.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m in the minority but I think stroud and Young are both very, very good prospects. Seattle won’t get a chance at either so it may not matter

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I’m in the minority but I think stroud and Young are both very, very good prospects. Seattle won’t get a chance at either so it may not matter
so, you think they are going 1 and 2?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think so but Levis is a wild card too.
that would make things very interesting for sure. We would have our pick of the best defensive players in the draft. Rad.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I will feel good with whatever they do. I lean towards a QB because I think there are some franchising tilting QB's in this class in the mold of Burrows, Herbert, Lawrence etc but I also trust John in his QB evaluation process even if I've been super critical of their drafting overall. If he doesn't love any of them and passes and we get an elite defender then I'm stoked. If he thinks one of the QB's is an elite prospect and we take him even with all the defensive needs then I'm excited because that tells me he thinks a guy is special.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'd take Hendon Hooker in the mid rounds. He's as good as anybody out there, and we Geno. We desperately need Dline help. We need a Quinnen Williams type. Someone that can just destroy the middle and get push back in to the QBs lap. Jalen Carter will bring us more 2023 wins than any QB in this draft.