This QB class sure took a turn.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
A lot of the prospects we've discussed this past season have made it clear that they intend to stay in college. So, do we still want to take a QB in the '23 draft?

Here are some names I think will be available:

CJ Stroud
Bryce Young
Will Levis
Anthony Richardson
Hendon Hooker
Clayton Tune

There's probably more names, these are just off the top of my head, if you have someone else in mind, chime in.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I do assuming John has someone he falls in love with. It reminds me of when the Chiefs too Mahomes and people killed them for it because Alex Smith was pretty good and they had other holes. Well it was obviously the right call. If you have a guy there you think is a special talent you take him. If not then you don't force it. But if John decides to I'll be excited about it.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I do assuming John has someone he falls in love with. It reminds me of when the Chiefs too Mahomes and people killed them for it because Alex Smith was pretty good and they had other holes. Well it was obviously the right call. If you have a guy there you think is a special talent you take him. If not then you don't force it. But if John decides to I'll be excited about it.
Only 2 coaches were interested in Mahomes and would have made the pick worth while ( right coach for player). Sean Payton had gone on record that the only thing he didn’t like about Mahomes was his squeaky voice he was ready to draft him at pick #11 Chiefs traded up to #10 and the rest was history

toffee

Reaction score
Only 2 coaches were interested in Mahomes and would have made the pick worth while ( right coach for player). Sean Payton had gone on record that the only thing he didn’t like about Mahomes was his squeaky voice he was ready to draft him at pick #11 Chiefs traded up to #10 and the rest was history
John Schneider liked Mahomes too, but that was vetoed by Wilson via Carroll. Probably Wilson to his agent to Carroll to Schneider. well, the rest is history.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the top QBs in the 2023 draft especially the 2 QBs that have incredibly strong throwing arms but not much between the ears. When Levis was at Penn St he had the same physical ability but couldn’t beat out Sean Clifford to me that’s a head scratcher.

For me the most important ability for a QB is able to read and process information quickly having a very strong throwing arm is over rated Jamarcus Russell comes to mind

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
John Schneider liked Mahomes too, but that was vetoed by Wilson via Carroll. Probably Wilson to his agent to Carroll to Schneider. well, the rest is history.
Allegedly JS also like Josh Wilson but didn’t do anything about it easy to say after the fact. The Seahawks didn’t draft Mahomes because RW said so? I will take that with a grain of salt. 😆

I really couldn’t see Mahomes playing in a Pete Carroll influenced offense

WarHawks

Reaction score
Cameron Ward is sure intriguing. 6'2", rocket arm and very mobile, with fantastic pocket awareness. His houdini escapes with eyes down field remind me of Wilson. What a great late 1st round prospect to sit behind Geno for a year or two.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Stroud and Hooker are only two I like that I feel will do decent.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I still love Young even if this board hates him and I’m starting to warm up to Levis too.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Allegedly JS also like Josh Wilson but didn’t do anything about it easy to say after the fact. The Seahawks didn’t draft Mahomes because RW said so? I will take that with a grain of salt. 😆

I really couldn’t see Mahomes playing in a Pete Carroll influenced offense
If you mean Josh Allen then JS was prepared to trade Wilson the Brown's to get him. Hardly a "did nothing" move

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I still love Young even if this board hates him and I’m starting to warm up to Levis too.
I don’t hate Young just overrated which happens with QBs if I was a GM he would be on my do not draft list purely on his size. Earlier in the season Young strained the AC joint in his shoulder against Arkansas from what appeared to be a run of the mill tackle and Saban had said he has had the same injury before this could be an issue

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
If you mean Josh Allen then JS was prepared to trade Wilson the Brown's to get him. Hardly a "did nothing" move
Yes I did mean Josh Allen. JS was ready to trade Wilson but pretty sure Wilson wanted no part of being traded to the Browns. When I hear stories like that I don’t think much of them and think “ than why didn’t you do it”

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don’t hate Young just overrated which happens with QBs if I was a GM he would be on my do not draft list purely on his size. Earlier in the season Young strained the AC joint in his shoulder against Arkansas from what appeared to be a run of the mill tackle and Saban had said he has had the same injury before this could be an issue
His size scares me too but man he’s so good at everything else. He’s tiny though for sure and it’s unprecedented that a guy his size excels.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Yes I did mean Josh Allen. JS was ready to trade Wilson but pretty sure Wilson wanted no part of being traded to the Browns. When I hear stories like that I don’t think much of them and think “ than why didn’t you do it”

Unfortunately, both teams have to agree to the trade.