DK - just saying.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Logical civil discourse using facts and objective reasoning has been around for thousands of years.

If there's anything "new age," it's what you're doing, and many others do on here. Inject their own personal biases as facts and then project it to validate those biased opinions.
TOXIC!

Freedom of speech is truly dead. But not in my thread! You can go push your own personal biases as facts. Leave mine alone.

Go toxic yourself. Twice.

My bullshit is just as useless and simultaneously important as your bullshit. Stow it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My bullshit is just as useless and simultaneously important as your bullshit. Stow it.

My bullshit was direct quotes from the coach and asking for your proof of your claim that DK's being toxic to his team, of which there hasn't been anything public confirming your claim.

Your bullshit was just that, bullshit.

So nah, not the same. My first opinion still stands, you're just an old dude yelling at clouds.

Il fullxfull3860048966 6lzy

AgentDib

Reaction score
DK is objectively having a good season. His catch rate is at a career high with 1000 yards receiving while he's been a focus of opposing teams. He's not perfect and it's fine to point out things that he could be doing even better.

His effort is above reproach. On Walker's opening 60 yard run DK was blocking a receiver on the right sideline. He crossed the entire field in an effort to help block and was only a few steps away by the time Walker was getting tipped up on the left sideline 60 yards downfield. You just don't see that kind of effort from receivers in the NFL very often.

He also makes more of an impact than is immediately obvious. On the first TD pass to Parkinson, Colby was one on one against a LB. There was a deep safety, but they were 20 feet away from the play because they were worried about DK running a route to the opposite corner of the endzone. That doesn't show up on the stat sheet or even the TV coverage.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
My bullshit was direct quotes from the coach and asking for your proof of your claim that DK's being toxic to his team, of which there hasn't been anything public confirming your claim.

Your bullshit was just that, bullshit.

So nah, not the same. My first opinion still stands, you're just an old dude yelling at clouds.

View attachment 56387
That's a pretty accurate picture of you I'm guessing!!

Get your head out of your ass - and check around the media reports of not only DK having a big head but drastically underperforming and throwing tantrums simultaneously.

Oh yea: TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC

You do you. I could cut and paste TOXIC all the TOXIC live long TOXIC day.

THAT was the issue. As soon as you're the word police - someone will let 'cha know! Until then, don't the cats need feeding?!

TOXIC.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
So, DK is a satan/T.O. now?

Ok, got it
That's not what I said, and you know it.

I've posted 3-4 fairly rational threads about this with external media sources as the instigator/backup.

If you and/or 'get off my lawn/the cats need feeding' guy want to twist what I've said - then so be it.

He was supposed to be a leader. He's being a child. He was supposed to perform. He's not. He's supposed to have some motivation other than selecting his weekly hair color and getting carted to the bathroom - he doesn't appear to.

The issue is further that bullshit attitude(s) are TOXIC and bring down locker rooms. The only 'proof' that I need is that it's happened thousands of times in sporting history.

Note the MINI-T.O. reference. Is it 100% damaging yet? No. But it's there and everyone knows it.

and oh yea, for Sgt: TOXIC - whew. Cut and paste is exhausting.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That's a pretty accurate picture of you I'm guessing!!

Get your head out of your ass - and check around the media reports of not only DK having a big head but drastically underperforming and throwing tantrums simultaneously.

Oh yea: TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXICTOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC

You do you. I could cut and paste TOXIC all the TOXIC live long TOXIC day.

THAT was the issue. As soon as you're the word police - someone will let 'cha know! Until then, don't the cats need feeding?!

TOXIC.

You got a little Shining energy going here Calgary, you should take a minute to yourself.

the-shining-jack-nicholson.gif

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Lotta people on this thread don't seem to be able to be very objective anymore.

DK leads the league in penalties and yards against for all WR, RB, and TE in the league - so OP isn't wrong. He needs to clean some S up.

Also nothing is more embarrassing than watching a man of his stature whine for a flag on every play.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I love DK, but I see wasted talent. He should be a top 5 receiver. 1000 yards and 6td's is table stakes for him. He has the potential to be the best receiver in the NFL. It's all fixable, but does we want to?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
In DK's defense our inability to run the ball in long stretches this year with our injury-riddled RB room isn't exactly opening things up for him to do what he needs to do. We've had to rely so much on multiple TE sets as well to get the blocking we need that this limits his chances.

But leading everyone but O linemen in penalties is a problem.

Laud him for 1000 yard season but 80 yards in penalties is nearly 1/10th of his contribution.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I had a look at DK's draft class (2019) and aside from AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel, he's right in the mix with rest of the them. It was a solid class - AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Diontae Johnson, Terry McLaurin, Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, Darius Slayton, and Hunter Renfrow.

Reviewing DK's stats a few things stood out to me -
1) He has the most receptions in his career this season - 87 to date
2) His catch % has been the highest in his career to date - 65%
3) In the Advanced Receiving and Rushing stats, his YAC and YAC/R has been the lowest in his career this season.

DK's stats - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MetcDK00.htm#all_receiving_and_rushing

Advanced Receiving and Rushing stats for DK - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MetcDK00.htm#all_detailed_receiving_and_rushing

Last edited:

hawker84

Reaction score
Oh brother.........here we go again.
More obsessing over DK.................o_O
It's shocking how overly sensitive much of this fanbase has become. Do you DK, some of us actually appreciate you.
Damn it's cold outside. Thanks a lot, DK.

Normally you and I agree on most topics, but I have no idea how youre not seeing his obvious faults. Inconsistent as hell, hot head, immaturity can't get open with any consistency. He is not worth his salary at this point, nor is he worth all the hype..

RiverDog

Reaction score
Really haven't heard of any locker room troubles around or concerning DK. When I start hearing that, I'll listen to "toxic" talk. 🤷‍♂️
Two things: You seldom hear about locker room troubles in real time. Players and coaches go to great lengths to keep things behind closed doors. We didn't hear about Michael Bennett reading books during meetings or the Russell isn't black enough garbage for years. There may or may not be locker room troubles.

Secondly, locker room troubles don't generally manifest itself until a team starts losing. Winning cures a lot of evils. We just lost a game after having won 3 in a row, so the table isn't set for a locker room split, at least not yet. Metcalf's insubordination and Pete's weak response to the issue is a powder keg waiting to explode.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, on to Sunday. Most of us are tired of the tantrums. Last week put me over the top on sticking up for the guy.
Go get the W. Walk away, DK. Ball out and help the team win. You're very capable, just....walk....away. I can't count how many times I've had to say that after a play.
Grow Up Kid.

keasley45

Reaction score
Meh, on to Sunday. Most of us are tired of the tantrums. Last week put me over the top on sticking up for the guy.
Go get the W. Walk away, DK. Ball out and help the team win. You're very capable, just....walk....away. I can't count how many times I've had to say that after a play.
Grow Up Kid.
Agreed.

But /And

I'm also starting to get a little concerned that his personality is screwing with the chemistry of the passing game.

Stay with me for a sec...

Dk is ultra competitive and wants to be seen as one of the game's best. I think his outbursts are in part because he feels underutilized in the offense and as though his talents are being wasted on a middling offensive scheme where he's a key part, but not the feature piece. When things are humming and he's getting the ball and we are winning, he's more measure. When we are losing (and shouldn't be) and he feels like he's being missed on plays, he loses it. It happened with Russ and it's happening with Geno. Russ's solution was to begin to force him the ball on long plays. Geno's solution - force him the ball no matter where he is.

I think one of the bigger challenges for Geno is going to be asserting himself as THE leader on the offense and keep DK in check. Thats a tall order because of how volatile he is. You can see the danger of a guy like him not being controlled or having a guy to keep his competitiveness satisfied if you remember T.O. with Steve Young vs T.O. with McNabb, and every other QB he played with. Steve had talent T.O. couldn't question. He allowed TO to be THE guy catching the ball but 100% made it understood that he'd get the ball out to where it needed to be and was the unquestioned leader of the team. He was an Alpha. Is Geno strong enough to be that guy? I'm not sure. But I think that if I'm right and his play is being affected by pressure he feels from DK...it absolutely CAN derail the offense. Then, all kinds of nasty scenarios can occur. Up to and including DK asking to be traded.

No, I'm not saying thats going to happen. Just that I can see a situation where it might.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At this point, who the hell knows what he's going to do. I don't think he's the cancer that people make him out to be.
But it's time to actually grow up. Not just talk about it.
Then again, the Geno apologist crowd LOVES to blame DK or pretty much anything else for his struggles.