DK - just saying.

nanomoz

Reaction score
his lack of effort/awareness on that screen to Penny Hart really, really bothered me. He should be able to neutralize a cornerback for a couple of seconds.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think it’s real easy to blame DK.

Has DK been great, no.

Has DK been a leader, no.

Is DK the reason the team is struggling, no.

DK is a product of the overall entire team energy, the team is on a downward spiral.

But for some reason DK is the image of the Seahawks and everything wrong with the Seahawks.

I think that’s wrong.

balakoth

Reaction score
So it was DK vs Kelce.

DK: 7 for 81 yds
Kelce: 6 for 113 yds

Not horrible, but this is the competition he needs to play up to.

He didn't keep up.
I keep forgetting these guys throw the ball to themselves

What was this suppose to prove? other than... football probably isn't for some people

Jville

Reaction score
Yep, the silly tennis match comparisons never stop. It's more common to read such nonsense about quarterbacks. The rub is in the details. The recognition that DK and Kelce play different positions is among the many details omitted as well.

Details Details Details.

Polk738

Reaction score
his lack of effort/awareness on that screen to Penny Hart really, really bothered me. He should be able to neutralize a cornerback for a couple of seconds.

You too huh? Not to mention his holding penalty on the first drive of the game, you would think a veteran reciever would remember not to grab the shoulder pads when blocking.

-Even with Lockett out and a bunch of second class receivers DK still couldn't break a hundred yards, yet he wants to come out onto the field before the game with his shirt off and show off his amazing physique that didn't really amount to much.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The guy has all of the physical talent in the world, but sometimes loses his focus. Needs to do less yapping and concentrate on his route running, blocking, and catching first. He needs to let his play to his talking.

Jville

Reaction score
Longer players experience blocking challenges, while avoiding flags, verses smaller quicker defenders. Cody Parkinson at 6'-7" experienced similar blocking limitations during Saturday's Chiefs game.

It's something for longer players to work on regardless of position. Knee bend, hip drop, pad level, change of direction, ect.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I was against re-signing Metcalf and wanted to trade him last season. Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen, and you don't build championship teams around a wide receiver. The Lions found that out the hard way. How many playoffs games did Megatron win for them? Besides, we already had a highly paid wide receiver in Tyler Lockett. To me, it made as much sense tying up that kind of money in wide receivers as it does tying up money on defense in the safety position.

Metcalf has made some really nice plays this season, and he's not part of what's wrong with this team. But one of the things that concerns me is his propensity to draw unsportsmanlike conduct/PF penalties. So far, it hasn't hurt us, but if it continues unabated, eventually he's going to say or do something stupid at a time when we can least afford it.

W

Welshers

So it was DK vs Kelce.

He didn't keep up.
Uhhh there's a difference here. One of these two players had Patrick Mahomes playing vs the worst defense in the league...

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I was against re-signing Metcalf and wanted to trade him last season. Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen, and you don't build championship teams around a wide receiver. The Lions found that out the hard way. How many playoffs games did Megatron win for them? Besides, we already had a highly paid wide receiver in Tyler Lockett. To me, it made as much sense tying up that kind of money in wide receivers as it does tying up money on defense in the safety position.

Metcalf has made some really nice plays this season, and he's not part of what's wrong with this team. But one of the things that concerns me is his propensity to draw unsportsmanlike conduct/PF penalties. So far, it hasn't hurt us, but if it continues unabated, eventually he's going to say or do something stupid at a time when we can least afford it.
What about Cooper Kupp?

mrblitz

Reaction score
when dk made that great catch yesterday, i was thinking maybe he had been reading this discussion board.

GemCity

Reaction score
So it was DK vs Kelce.

He didn't keep up.
If only he had Brooks covering him…

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Has DK been great, no.

DK is a product of the overall entire team energy, the team is on a downward spiral.

But for some reason DK is the image of the Seahawks and everything wrong with the Seahawks.

I think that’s wrong.
You are correct.

DK is not the problem.

DK is a symptom of the problem.

"Why the F*** am I bothering?" seems stamped on alot of DK's reactions - and that doesn't happen in a vacuum.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The Rams made an incredible offense that won a Super Bowl around Cooper Kupp.
The Rams didn't build their team around Kupp. He's been with them for several years. What got the Rams over the hump was when they brought in Mathew Stafford and Von Miller. It wasn't until the Rams lost some of their other receivers, mainly Robert Woods, before Kupp became their featured receiver.

Besides, Kupp proves my point about the position. Kupp is a sloth, running the 40 in 4.6+. He's far from being an Olympic class athlete. That's not to take anything away from him, to the contrary, he's a great receiver, one of the best if not the best in the league. But there's a lot of Kupp-like wide receivers out there.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Longer players experience blocking challenges, while avoiding flags, verses smaller quicker defenders. Cody Parkinson at 6'-7" experienced similar blocking limitations during Saturday's Chiefs game.

It's something for longer players to work on regardless of position. Knee bend, hip drop, pad level, change of direction, ect.
This is a rationalization. The issue was one of effort or awareness or both.

Jville

Reaction score
This is a rationalization. The issue was one of effort or awareness or both.
Recognition of mismatches is a useful rationalization. Such rationalization shows up on film and on the field. Coaches yelling pad level .... pad level .... among other verbal messaging to longer players.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Has DK been great, no.

I think that’s wrong.

DK's currently in the top 16 in stats on pace for 100 catches and already over 1,000 yards.

He's 7th in salary, so not really a massive chasm between salary and production, and that's playing on a team with Lockett who's also commanded a LOT of targets.

IMO we got a lot of old dudes up in here who don't like them a mouthy football player. So your 4th sentence is 100% accurate, DK ain't the problem, he's not even in the top 20 of problems.