Comments on Condotta's 53-man roster

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I could see us keeping three QB's. Pryor is just too amazing of an athletic talent to cut, yet T-Jack is arguably the best backup QB in the league.

The other interesting battle is Mayowa and Schoefield. Schoefield was a freakin' beast on Friday, so Mayowa better have one hell of a game against Chicago if he wants to make this roster.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Anthony!":21fsep0c said:
rideaducati":21fsep0c said:
Anthony!":21fsep0c said:
Cant see us wasting a roster spot on TP when he cannot even run the offense. BJ looked better. I hope they either trade him or release him it s waste of a spot for a guy who is an FA next year, and will never play and is not a QB.

Tell me the QBs

2422 yards, 48% complt, 6.71 YPA, 17 tds, 9 ints, QB rating 75.3, 989 yards rushing, 12 tds

1953 yards, 56% compt, 6.47 ypa, 9 tds, 12 ints, qb rating 69.3 627 yards rushing, 3 tds

The answer should tell you what should happen to TP

Tarvaris is a free agent next year too. They should cut him because he is just wasting a roster spot. Hell, he's wasted a roster spot on the team for far too long already and will never play and is not a QB.

My guess is that Pryor would do just as little damage as Tarvaris did last year with his 13 passes. Plus, if the Seahawks cut Pryor, he'll get signed by the niners whereas Tarvaris will still be available later in the year if one of the other QBs gets hurt.

But TJ is not a project TP is. As to the damage yes he will cause damage we loos e roster spot for a QB who cannot play QB

So you've come to the conclusion that Tarvaris is a finished product? Me too. But he's only a finished product because he sucks and after nine years with minimal improvement, he probably always will.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Anthony!":2f4zobuh said:
rideaducati":2f4zobuh said:
Anthony!":2f4zobuh said:
Cant see us wasting a roster spot on TP when he cannot even run the offense. BJ looked better. I hope they either trade him or release him it s waste of a spot for a guy who is an FA next year, and will never play and is not a QB.

Tell me the QBs

2422 yards, 48% complt, 6.71 YPA, 17 tds, 9 ints, QB rating 75.3, 989 yards rushing, 12 tds

1953 yards, 56% compt, 6.47 ypa, 9 tds, 12 ints, qb rating 69.3 627 yards rushing, 3 tds

You're a "stat guy", so my guess is that you think the QB stats on the bottom are worse than the top one. Therefore, I believe that Pryor would be the guy listed second. Being that your stat comparison is meant to make Pryor look bad, I bet that the first QB you listed is one of the worst QBs to ever play the game. Knowing this, there is absolutely NO way for anyone to change your mind because "the stats say so". From the looks of the stats though, the first set shows a very lucky QB to have more tds than ints. His completion % is awful and he runs a lot.

What I can't get from the stats vastly outweighs what I can get from them. For instance, I have no idea if you are comparing rookie to rookie or rookie to veteran. No idea how many games each played to amass these stats. How good were the WRs each of them were throwing to. The system each of them were running and how long each of them had been in that system. I could keep going, but it would be wasting my time because you are dead set in your hatred of Pryor after his 10 starts.

What I can't understand is why you are in love with a backup QB that has been in the league for nine years and has proven to be as inept as a nine year veteran QB could ever be. A QB that has been in the same system with 32 starts that STILL makes stupid mistakes and seems to have difficulty reading defenses. Still is slow making decisions and knowing where to go with the ball.

I've read that it takes 30 starts to determine exactly what a QB can and can't do. Tarvaris had his 30 starts and has shown me enough to know that he can't do what he should be able to do after nine years in the same system. It's time to let someone else get to their 30 starts because Tarvaris just isn't good enough.

Actually it was a trick question both stats are bad but in different ways. The person the bottom had the better complt% but the rest horrible. and by the way the stats do not make anything they are what they are and say what they say.

By the way that is Tebow vs Pryor.

As for hatred no hatred just do not want to waste a roster spot on a QB who cannot play QB. It is not involve with a back up or not, iot is not wanting to waste a roster spot on a guy who is not a QB,

I do not understand why you are so in love with a guy who has shown he is not an NFL QB. As to Tj what it comes down to his respect, given his last year as our starter was not great, but given he played most of it with a torn pect he has major props in the locker room as well, enough said. Also FYI TJ one year as our starter was better than TPs, and TP was healthy while TJ played with a torn pect.

You may say TJ is not good enough but he is better than TP, oh and love to see the link on the 30 starts, because to be honest I doubt it is 30 starts.

If you were the gm of the cowboys, you would have cut Troy Aikman after his first ten games because his stats sucked.

I don't love Pryor. He may not be good at all, but he looks just as good as Tarvaris already and I KNOW Tarvaris sucks.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HansGruber":2ykzw465 said:
PS - you can't fairly judge Pryor by his time in Oakland. They had nothing on offense - no OL, no running game, no receivers, nothing.

Dude add it to his time here and the fact he has not changed and yeah you can, He is still a 1 read, stare down, and run QB. he is 10-20 50% that is awful , QB rating under 50, and that against 2-3rd stringers and some who may not even make their team. Given he has been with us all camp you would think that against 2nd and 3rd stringers he would at least be near 60% but nope.

Anthony!

Reaction score
rigelian":mg1f0ymi said:
Zebulon Dak":mg1f0ymi said:
rideaducati":mg1f0ymi said:
Anthony!":mg1f0ymi said:

Tell me the QBs

Tarvaris is a free agent next year too. They should cut him because he is just wasting a roster spot. Hell, he's wasted a roster spot on the team for far too long already and will never play and is not a QB.

My guess is that Pryor would do just as little damage as Tarvaris did last year with his 13 passes. Plus, if the Seahawks cut Pryor, he'll get signed by the niners whereas Tarvaris will still be available later in the year if one of the other QBs gets hurt.

You're both wrong. Neither is a "waste" of a roster spot. Keeping both might be a waste of a spot though. We'll see.

Btw BJ looked awkward and out of place. I like the guy and he might have potential but right now TJ! and TP are both ten times the QB he is.

I agree. BJ kept missing handouts or almost missing handouts. I'm not sure if he knows how to run the offense

Actually if you listen to PC during his press conference that was more on the RB than the QB

Anthony!

Reaction score
rideaducati":1az0l04j said:
Anthony!":1az0l04j said:
rideaducati":1az0l04j said:
Anthony!":1az0l04j said:

Tell me the QBs

But TJ is not a project TP is. As to the damage yes he will cause damage we loos e roster spot for a QB who cannot play QB

So you've come to the conclusion that Tarvaris is a finished product? Me too. But he's only a finished product because he sucks and after nine years with minimal improvement, he probably always will.

NO I have come to the conclusion TP is a waste of space,. TJ has proven he is a good backup nice try though

Anthony!

Reaction score
rideaducati":121wvezz said:
Anthony!":121wvezz said:
rideaducati":121wvezz said:
Anthony!":121wvezz said:

Tell me the QBs

You're a "stat guy", so my guess is that you think the QB stats on the bottom are worse than the top one. Therefore, I believe that Pryor would be the guy listed second. Being that your stat comparison is meant to make Pryor look bad, I bet that the first QB you listed is one of the worst QBs to ever play the game. Knowing this, there is absolutely NO way for anyone to change your mind because "the stats say so". From the looks of the stats though, the first set shows a very lucky QB to have more tds than ints. His completion % is awful and he runs a lot.

What I can't get from the stats vastly outweighs what I can get from them. For instance, I have no idea if you are comparing rookie to rookie or rookie to veteran. No idea how many games each played to amass these stats. How good were the WRs each of them were throwing to. The system each of them were running and how long each of them had been in that system. I could keep going, but it would be wasting my time because you are dead set in your hatred of Pryor after his 10 starts.

What I can't understand is why you are in love with a backup QB that has been in the league for nine years and has proven to be as inept as a nine year veteran QB could ever be. A QB that has been in the same system with 32 starts that STILL makes stupid mistakes and seems to have difficulty reading defenses. Still is slow making decisions and knowing where to go with the ball.

I've read that it takes 30 starts to determine exactly what a QB can and can't do. Tarvaris had his 30 starts and has shown me enough to know that he can't do what he should be able to do after nine years in the same system. It's time to let someone else get to their 30 starts because Tarvaris just isn't good enough.

Actually it was a trick question both stats are bad but in different ways. The person the bottom had the better complt% but the rest horrible. and by the way the stats do not make anything they are what they are and say what they say.

By the way that is Tebow vs Pryor.

As for hatred no hatred just do not want to waste a roster spot on a QB who cannot play QB. It is not involve with a back up or not, iot is not wanting to waste a roster spot on a guy who is not a QB,

I do not understand why you are so in love with a guy who has shown he is not an NFL QB. As to Tj what it comes down to his respect, given his last year as our starter was not great, but given he played most of it with a torn pect he has major props in the locker room as well, enough said. Also FYI TJ one year as our starter was better than TPs, and TP was healthy while TJ played with a torn pect.

You may say TJ is not good enough but he is better than TP, oh and love to see the link on the 30 starts, because to be honest I doubt it is 30 starts.

If you were the gm of the cowboys, you would have cut Troy Aikman after his first ten games because his stats sucked.

I don't love Pryor. He may not be good at all, but he looks just as good as Tarvaris already and I KNOW Tarvaris sucks.

for one Troy Aikman showed a lot of things that TP has not shown. Also the cowboys had nothing else at all, we already have a starter and one of the best backups in the league, Add to that a different time and different place. FYI TP does not even look close to as good as TJ let me help you here too

TP preseason 10-20, 147 yards o tds 1 int 49 qb rating
TJ preseason 5-7, 47 yards o tds o ints qb rating 89.6

Yeah right TP doe snot look better than TJ at all. And that is just by stats if you look with your eyes at him as a QB you see a 1 read, stare down the guy and run player. Not a QB.The biggest issue with TP is accuracy he is a career 56 complt % that is not good. Even here he has been a sub 50% complt %.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":13tk9g3x said:
7 QB/RB/FB
8 WR/TE
9 OL

QB: Wilson, Jackson, Pryor
RB: Lynch, Turbin, Michael, (Small), (Harvin)
FB: Small, (Willson), (Helfet), (Miller)
WR: Baldwin, Harvin, Kearse, Richardson,
WR: Walters, (Willson), (Helfet)
TE: Miller, Willson, Helfet, (Bailey)
LT: Okung, Bailey
LG: Carpenter, (Schilling), (Jeanpierre), (Bailey)
OC: Unger, Jeanpierre, (Schilling)
RG: Sweezy, Schilling, (Jeanpierre)
RT: Britt, Winston

= 24 Offensive Players

10 DL
7 LB
9 DB

LEO: Avril, Schofield, Mayowa, (Irvin), (Morgan)
DE: Bennett, Marsh
3T: Williams, Hill, (McDaniel), (Scruggs)
NT: Mebane, Scruggs, (Williams), (Hill)
5T: McDaniel, (Bennett), (Scruggs), (Marsh)

SLB: Irvin, Morgan, (Smith), (Wright)
MLB: Wagner, Croyle, (Wright)
WLB: Wright, Smith, Pierre-Louis, (Croyle)

CB: Sherman, Maxwell, Simon, (Shead)
NB: Lane, Jefferson
FS: Thomas, Shead
SS: Chancellor, Johnson, (Shead)

= 26 Defensive Players

ST: Ryan (P), Haushka (K), Gresham (LS)

PRACTICE SQUAD:

RB Spencer Ware (FB)
WR Phil Bates (WR)
WR Kevin Smith (WR)
TE Rashaun Allen (TE)
T Garry Gilliam (OT)
OL Caylin Hauptmann (OG, OT, OC)
DL Michael Brooks (3T/5T/NT)
DB Terrance Parks (S/CB)

IR: Kevin Norwood, Akeem Auguste

Anyone Care To Critique?

I kept 3 QBs, 1) Because I don't think we can get Daniels to the PS, and 2) Wilson is great but keeping only 2 QBs will force him to carry more of a practice load. And if the Seahawks possibly open up the offense for him they probably want to monitor his work-load.

I kept 4 RBs, 1) Because Harvin is a Pseudo-Scat Back , I kept Small because he's a wrecking ball of a lead-blocker but he also is a wrecking ball of a Short Yardage Back. I believe the Seahawks will also utilize Willson as an H-Back. Helfet and Miller also has those skills.

I kept 5 WRs, 1) This is basically hinging on what they to with Norwood. 2) Bryan Walters is not only the most versatile, he's also the most experience , and a better WR than Lockette. 3) I felt that the Seahawks can utilize pass-catchers like Turbin, getting Michaels in space, Lynch, and Willson + Helfet can play the slot that really a 6th WR was ultimately not need.

I kept 3 TEs. Basic.

I kept 9 OL. I feel with the Seahawks pushing Jeanpierre to sharpen his OG skills, and getting Schilling reps at OC they are putting themselves in position to carry 9 OL. Kind of a hunch, we'll see though Cable usually keeps 10.

Some of you'll also notice that while I kept only 24 Offensive Players, I have 6 more on the P-Squad for a total of 30. Giving the Defense 28 total.

I kept 10 DL, pretty self explanatory but I notice a lot of people cut Mayowa, I think they'll protect him starting out but if needed they could release him and hopefully he could sneak by onto the PS. Again, you can never have enough pass-rushers.
I kept 7 LBers, this will be the brunt of your special teams.

I kept 9 DBs, I think Jefferson will edge out Adams for the 5th spot only because he has more potential to be productive in the system. I think the Seahawks will also keep Shead, he might be a little sub-par right now in his last few games but the Seahawks have been rotating him around a lot, once he can settle in one position in practice, he'll be more consistent on the field.

Also, I would also like to see Horace Miller get stashed on the I.R.

TXHawk

Reaction score
I think they'll keep two QBs and six WRs. There's no role for Pryor unless he beats out TJack for the #2 spot. His speed and athleticism don't do us any good from the sidelines. I think they'll probably try to sneak Daniels through waivers again and put him on the PS but most likely someone will claim him. The six WRs will be Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, Richardson, Lockette, and Norwood. I think Small makes the team at FB with either Ware or Coleman being cut.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rideaducati":zyv9izv5 said:
Anthony!":zyv9izv5 said:

NO I have come to the conclusion TP is a waste of space,. TJ has proven he is a good backup nice try though

A "proven" good backup? Really? What clinched it for you? His 39 total snaps in garbage time with huge leads late in games or the confidence Pete showed by letting him pass the ball a total of 13 times? The only thing Tarvaris has proven is that he sucks as a starter.

rideaducati

Reaction score
10 games does not equate to a career. I have never seen a QB struggle in his first ten games and then improve...maybe I haven't been around long enough yet. I'm sure it will happen someday, but until then, I will concede that your stat based evaluation of QBs is foolproof. Although, in my defense, if your stat based evaluation of Tarvaris tells you he is good, you're definitely seeing something that just isn't there.

You say Pryor is a one read QB. I challenge you to watch him play again and actually pay attention this time. Take note of drops and accuracy issues for both Tarvaris and Pryor while also paying attention to pressure. Note the time it takes for each of them to actually make a decision on each play. Note how many times a WR bails them out of a poor throw. If you do this, you might just prove that stats do lie and the two QBs really are similar except one of them is a statue and one can run.

You could call it "advanced stats" in order to save face.

I doubt you'll do it though. Nobody wants to prove themselves wrong.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Anyone remember the game a few years back when T-Jack tossed the ball into the stands on 4-th down in the red zone at the end of the game (a loss)? IMO-Any QB that can't remember down and distance is mentally unacceptable as a QB. T-Jack is also a lot older than TP. I consider TP to be a better option and should stick on the roster so he can be coached and developed for next year as a replacement of T-Jack. So, IMO, keeping 3 QB's this year to me is a given and the choice of the 3-rd QB is between TP and Daniels with TP probably sticking due to his potential that just needs to be developed by good coaching. I'd hope that Daniels could get on the PS as a further developmental option.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
rideaducati":1o7d5fff said:
10 games does not equate to a career. I have never seen a QB struggle in his first ten games and then improve...maybe I haven't been around long enough yet. I'm sure it will happen someday, but until then, I will concede that your stat based evaluation of QBs is foolproof. Although, in my defense, if your stat based evaluation of Tarvaris tells you he is good, you're definitely seeing something that just isn't there.

You say Pryor is a one read QB. I challenge you to watch him play again and actually pay attention this time. Take note of drops and accuracy issues for both Tarvaris and Pryor while also paying attention to pressure. Note the time it takes for each of them to actually make a decision on each play. Note how many times a WR bails them out of a poor throw. If you do this, you might just prove that stats do lie and the two QBs really are similar except one of them is a statue and one can run.

Tavaris gets the ball out of his hand noticeably quicker than Pryor. No one can ever really say "one read qb" because we have no idea what he is reading. You can stare down a WR and be checking your other route if he is in the same vicinity, so what does that qualify as? Seam route TE up the middle and an x receiver with a outside slant? Same field of vision at the release point. I think something much more important is decision making, and who was open. Let the coaches break down film and decide what his 'reads' were. Pryor takes longer to decide, and release. He is also tentative about some throws because I think he knows the limits of his accuracy, and pulls it down and runs. T-Jack can't run like that. So it just comes down to Pete, would he rather have a more polished QB who is not very athletic and knows the system and can make all the throws, or does he want a QB that can make something out of nothing, even though sometimes there IS something there, he just isnt confident enough to make the throw or doesnt see it. I don't really know if there is an incorrect choice but either way I see T-Jack sticking around this year, and Pryor being more the long term plan if they decide to stash him on the active roster.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'm honestly curious how anyone could have watched Pryor last week in action and came away thinking he's a one read passer or any of that stuff. When I read that, it is clear to me that the speaker has a clear bias against Pryor.

What he did, given the chance to start in Oakland, was clearly on another level from TJack's 2010 run. And TJack enjoyed the advantage of a significantly better team.

salamander

Reaction score
TXHawk":26equlhf said:
His speed and athleticism don't do us any good from the sidelines.

I still think a big part of having Prior on the team is so our defense can face his size and athleticism in practice in preparation for the running QBs we face this year..Kap, Cam, etc.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
salamander":389vdu1w said:
TXHawk":389vdu1w said:
His speed and athleticism don't do us any good from the sidelines.

I still think a big part of having Prior on the team is so our defense can face his size and athleticism in practice in preparation for the running QBs we face this year..Kap, Cam, etc.

It's a good point, he does present pretty much the same running threat that Kaepernick does. I don't know if it will have the same effect though if they don't have the same respect for Pryor's arm then they do for Kaep. Sure it's fine and dandy if they can stop Pryor from breaking a run, but if that's all he does well and thats the only aspect of his game they fear and are able to prepare for? I am not a huge fan of Kaep but he does know how to zip the ball into some tiny windows.

Anthony!

Reaction score
rideaducati":34nqenla said:
rideaducati":34nqenla said:
Anthony!":34nqenla said:

A "proven" good backup? Really? What clinched it for you? His 39 total snaps in garbage time with huge leads late in games or the confidence Pete showed by letting him pass the ball a total of 13 times? The only thing Tarvaris has proven is that he sucks as a starter.

Lets see he knows the offense, he performed when he had changes he is well respected in the locker room, he can actually complete passes for better than 50% RATIO, he performed well with a torn Pect something most players, especially QBs would not have, I can go on but I have made my point.

Anthony!

Reaction score
rideaducati":1g4w24oe said:

Dude even the announcers were saying he was not going through his progressions, they said it on the seahawks show after. I have rewatched a number of times and he almost never takes his eyes off of his first read, and when he does he is running period. I watched TJ in the first game go to his 2nd and third read and then throw it, something TP doe snot do and never has.

Anthony!

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2ko5kgzl said:
Anyone remember the game a few years back when T-Jack tossed the ball into the stands on 4-th down in the red zone at the end of the game (a loss)? IMO-Any QB that can't remember down and distance is mentally unacceptable as a QB. T-Jack is also a lot older than TP. I consider TP to be a better option and should stick on the roster so he can be coached and developed for next year as a replacement of T-Jack. So, IMO, keeping 3 QB's this year to me is a given and the choice of the 3-rd QB is between TP and Daniels with TP probably sticking due to his potential that just needs to be developed by good coaching. I'd hope that Daniels could get on the PS as a further developmental option.

Yeah you mean like TP who cannot remember he need 9 yards instead of 8 and goes out of bounds when no one is within 5 yards of him? Lets also add TP wants to be a starter, he has said he takes a back seat to no one, he thinks he is better than RW, you keep him, and then resign him after this year you have a huge problem in the locker room. TJ has the respect of the locker room already and knows his position, TP is a problem waiting to happen

Anthony!

Reaction score
bbsplitter":2znd86tc said:
rideaducati":2znd86tc said:

Tavaris gets the ball out of his hand noticeably quicker than Pryor. No one can ever really say "one read qb" because we have no idea what he is reading. You can stare down a WR and be checking your other route if he is in the same vicinity, so what does that qualify as? Seam route TE up the middle and an x receiver with a outside slant? Same field of vision at the release point. I think something much more important is decision making, and who was open. Let the coaches break down film and decide what his 'reads' were. Pryor takes longer to decide, and release. He is also tentative about some throws because I think he knows the limits of his accuracy, and pulls it down and runs. T-Jack can't run like that. So it just comes down to Pete, would he rather have a more polished QB who is not very athletic and knows the system and can make all the throws, or does he want a QB that can make something out of nothing, even though sometimes there IS something there, he just isnt confident enough to make the throw or doesnt see it. I don't really know if there is an incorrect choice but either way I see T-Jack sticking around this year, and Pryor being more the long term plan if they decide to stash him on the active roster.

Possible but long term what? TP has already said he takes a backseat to know one. He thinks he is better than Rw and every other QB, That is a problem waiting to happen. Unless they think he can take over for RW so they do not have to pay RW there is no reason to keep him at all. He is an FA, if we resign RW to big money, which any sane person would do, then TP will know he has no chance and he will not come back, he will go were he has a chance, and we will have wasted a roster spot on a project that did nothing, as it stands now TJ is way ahead of TP.