Christine Michael looks most like....

Veilside

Reaction score
So I was trying to figure out which NFL back Michael looked most like to get an idea of what he could do in the NFL.

Without a doubt I've pegged him to looking like the next Ben Tate (with hopefully less injuries).

Who do you think he looks similar to?

Ben Tate
[youtube]GnEDhpc6AEA[/youtube]

Christine Michael
[youtube]LCVqxFeWFoU[/youtube]

edit: I put the wrong Christine video in. This one is much better to see his talent and style of running.

oasis

Reaction score
rotoworld called him a "rich man's" Ben Tate. I call him a stud.

Sturm

Reaction score
Why is the video in black and white? I was expecting an art film.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Wow, looks like a much more fluid Ben Tate indeed. Tate didn't take as long of strides when in full sprint as Michael does, but ran a faster 40 time than Michael at the combine - which I find pretty intriguing. Michael beats him in every other department at the combine and looks like he has a higher top gear.

Anyway, I can definitely see the comparison to Tate.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I see him as a Turbin clone. Same size and virtually same measureables. Both are complete backs and I'm happy to have both. I expect big things from Turbin this year;.

hawk45

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3nlvv1c5 said:
I see him as a Turbin clone. Same size and virtually same measureables. Both are complete backs and I'm happy to have both. I expect big things from Turbin this year;.

For real? Turbin's mass is all in his upper body and Michael has a much lower center of gravity, better burst, and better vision going by the highlights.

We'll see how it translates to the NFL but they're not clones by any stretch.

McGruff

Reaction score
A cross between Jim Brown, Walter Peyton and Barry Sanders . . . But better!

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I really like his high gear, it can almost be described as graceful. Cant wait to see him in action.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm getting excited to see this kid as well.

I love how he plants that foot and just jets upfield. He's going to be a great fit in our run scheme.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawk45":1bahce88 said:
jlwaters1":1bahce88 said:

For real? Turbin's mass is all in his upper body and Michael has a much lower center of gravity, better burst, and better vision going by the highlights.

I get it, the new guy is always the sexy pic. Many of you are swooner over Michael because he's a 2nd round pick. Fine But to say they aren't similar is ridiculous. Even PC said they were very similar that's why they drafted Michael. Turbin and Michael by all measurements are same size, have roughly the same speed, agility, strength. Both are good catchers of the ball.

Both players are rocked up, I think it's stupid to sit there and continually point out Turbin's upper-body, as if he's got Kelly Jennings legs or something. The dude is all around powerful.

Watch his 2012 highlights and tell me he doesn't have great burst, vision, balance. He's always falling forward. His biggest gaffe this year was dropping 1 pass against SF (Which wasn't an easy catch).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6UmX-6m0s8

The biggest difference between the 2 in college is that Turbin was ridiculously productive wheras Michael has never quite lived up to expectations.

Please don't misunderstand I'm happy we picked Michael, but I find it really weird that people are so quick to annoint Michael as Lynch's backup. IMO Turbin had a great rookie year and was very effective in what the Seahawks asked from him last year. I expect him as a 2nd year player will make a big jump in overall play and should be a pretty dynamic weapon.

I expect both Turbin and Michael to rush for 300-500 yards this coming year.

Brahn

Reaction score
Pretty sure he reminds me of Adrian Peterson, only better.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
jlwaters1":36ilrd9e said:
hawk45":36ilrd9e said:
jlwaters1":36ilrd9e said:

I get it, the new guy is always the sexy pic. Many of you are swooner over Michael because he's a 2nd round pick. Fine But to say they aren't similar is ridiculous. Even PC said they were very similar that's why they drafted Michael. Turbin and Michael by all measurements are same size, have roughly the same speed, agility, strength. Both are good catchers of the ball.

Both players are rocked up, I think it's stupid to sit there and continually point out Turbin's upper-body, as if he's got Kelly Jennings legs or something. The dude is all around powerful.

Watch his 2012 highlights and tell me he doesn't have great burst, vision, balance. He's always falling forward. His biggest gaffe this year was dropping 1 pass against SF (Which wasn't an easy catch).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6UmX-6m0s8

The biggest difference between the 2 in college is that Turbin was ridiculously productive wheras Michael has never quite lived up to expectations.

Please don't misunderstand I'm happy we picked Michael, but I find it really weird that people are so quick to annoint Michael as Lynch's backup. IMO Turbin had a great rookie year and was very effective in what the Seahawks asked from him last year. I expect him as a 2nd year player will make a big jump in overall play and should be a pretty dynamic weapon.

I expect both Turbin and Michael to rush for 300-500 yards this coming year.

You seem to be the one stuck on draft slot. Nobody else mentioned that....just you. I don't think they are similar backs fwiw.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":j7uq1sxm said:
You seem to be the one stuck on draft slot. Nobody else mentioned that....just you. I don't think they are similar backs fwiw.

I don't care about draft slot. But it has to be part of the reason he's getting so much love on here. The higher the draft pick the higher the expectations, If Michael was taken in round 6th would you be just as excited? Probably not. Most poeple would be: alright good depth and solid #3 back. Instead most think it's a foregone conclusion that he'll be the #2 back by SEPT. My point is the 2 backs are very similar, to which PC has said the same thing in interviews.

Seafan

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1u0vdm1m said:

I hope this is true and it's quite possible since he had to make the transition from a horizontal-pick your hole type of running style he ran in college to the Hawks ZBS vertical running game. I think the Hawks are stacked in the backfield. With the exception of a good backup QB this team is deep at every position.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The young man has Turbin type guns... We might have the most buff backfield.