OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3es683zx said:
John63":3es683zx said:
MontanaHawk05":3es683zx said:
John63":3es683zx said:
Lol yes thats i would trade Wilson and get picks and more cash to get what PC need to run his offense because I only care about Wilson. You do realize any team that could do that trade would suck but I would be doing it to help Wilson...r.i.g.h.t.

Fyi we have no pro bowlers on the line we only had 2 probowlers Wilson and Wagner.

You're really going to try to stand on the pedantic difference between a Pro Bowler and a Pro Bowl alternate to try and peddle your assertion that Pete hasn't done anything to protect the QB? Wow.

Ahh are they are alternates period. That's a fact. Thats means they are 3ed string at best in tihe nfl.

I'm sorry - what? Brown, Britt, and Iupati are 3rd string at best in the NFL?
You said probowl they are alternates that means 3rd string and that's is they get called. The are not pro bowlers till they get called and given brown is having surgery he will not be a pro bowler.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Jville":2zqy51ol said:
John63":2zqy51ol said:
Jville":2zqy51ol said:
John63":2zqy51ol said:
Lol yes I am.dayi intrade Wilson and get picjs and more cash to get what PC need to run his offense because I only care about Wilson. You do realize any team.that could do that trade would suck but I would be doing it to help Wilson...r.i.g.h.t.

Fyi we have no pro bowlers on the line we only had 2 probowlers Wilson and Wagner.

That must make it extremely difficult to objectively evaluate the rest of the team.

You must have missed the point so I will make it clear

I am first a hawks fan
Then a Wilson fan
Then a Diggs fan
Then a Dk fan
Then well you get it.

My point is if we are not going to build around and for an Elite QB the let's use him to trade and get what we need.

Excuse me ........ you would have us believe that the offense wasn't built around the talents of Russell Wilson? ................. Really?

Ahh bo if it were the oline would be better than 2rth in pass protection let me help you.

In the Wilson era avg pass blocking 26th. Avg run blocking 10th. Hmm seems.if you were building around your QB you might want to pass protect better, however if you are building around d the run 10th over all is good.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tnod5p8m said:
3rd string Pro Bowler and 3rd string NFL player are two completely different things.

Given we were talking people bowl I figured the point was obvious. First as an alternate they are not pro bowlers un leas they get called up. 2nd even if they did make it does not mean we can pass block, again ranked 24th going into today. The worst of all the playoff teams.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":3l4syvdh said:
Jville":3l4syvdh said:
John63":3l4syvdh said:
Jville":3l4syvdh said:
That must make it extremely difficult to objectively evaluate the rest of the team.

I am first a hawks fan
Then a Wilson fan
Then a Diggs fan
Then a Dk fan
Then well you get it.

My point is if we are not going to build around and for an Elite QB the let's use him to trade and get what we need.

Excuse me ........ you would have us believe that the offense wasn't built around the talents of Russell Wilson? ................. Really?

Ahh bo if it were the oline would be better than 2rth in pass protection let me help you.

In the Wilson era avg pass blocking 26th. Avg run blocking 10th. Hmm seems.if you were building around your QB you might want to pass protect better, however if you are building around d the run 10th over all is good.

Says who? Do you know how your chosen numbers were generated?

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Jville":132bb68r said:
John63":132bb68r said:
Jville":132bb68r said:
John63":132bb68r said:

I am first a hawks fan
Then a Wilson fan
Then a Diggs fan
Then a Dk fan
Then well you get it.

Football outsiders. You are really going to try to say this oline is good at pass blocking and has been since 2012. Lol thanks for the laugh.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":1x4gkmfo said:
Jville":1x4gkmfo said:
John63":1x4gkmfo said:
Jville":1x4gkmfo said:

Football outsiders. You are really going to try to say thisnoline is good at pass blocking and has been since 2012. Lol thanks for the laugh.

It is a matter of courtesy to reference sources. That way a reader can look at the source to determine for themselves if the referenced source actually says what a poster asserts that it says.

I can only assume you don't believe a play action offense has been built around Russell Wilson.

Redsand187

Reaction score
John63":37nfouta said:
Sandpoint Hawk":37nfouta said:
Can’t trade Russ, He’s got a no trade clause in his new contract.

You can he just needs to wave the trade, find the right team and he just might.
What team would really consider him on his current contract? Who is in such need for a star QB and is willing/able to spend $35mm a year? It's very difficult to build a team around that money and bringing in Wilson isn't going to plug right into another team. It's got to be a team that is completely restructuring their offense and willing to bet a big portion on him. It doesn't make sense.

It really doesn't make sense for the Seahawks to pay him that much, but at least they have spent the nearly a decade trying to build a team around him. He's part of a long term strategy, that's a HUGE gamble for a new team.

On the open market, I'd bet he'd barely pull half of what he's getting in Seattle, and anyone who'd sign him would probably want a 5-year deal.

The deal he's got is unbeatable for him. There is no way he's going anywhere else, he guaranteed that with his cash guarantee.

Kryten

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1mjaslw8 said:
Sounds like you all think think the '76 plan over again is the way to go.

I would love to do the draft part of the '76 plan. We had 14 picks in the 1st 157 picks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Changes in coaching philosophy is what needs to happen.
Pete needs to realize he doesn’t have the LOB any more. He game plans like and schemes like he still has that defense.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Jville":z1tfe8a1 said:
John63":z1tfe8a1 said:
Jville":z1tfe8a1 said:
John63":z1tfe8a1 said:

Football outsiders. You are really going to try to say thisnoline is good at pass blocking and has been since 2012. Lol thanks for the laugh.

It is a matter of courtesy to reference sources. That way a reader can look at the source to determine for themselves if the referenced source actually says what a poster asserts that it says.

I can only assume you don't believe a play action offense has been built around Russell Wilson.

Considering we ran that thenyear before Wilson no. PC was saying the same thing before we got Wilson so no.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Redsand187":f6ry2d27 said:
John63":f6ry2d27 said:
Sandpoint Hawk":f6ry2d27 said:
Can’t trade Russ, He’s got a no trade clause in his new contract.

You can he just needs to wave the trade, find the right team and he just might.
What team would really consider him on his current contract? Who is in such need for a star QB and is willing/able to spend $35mm a year? It's very difficult to build a team around that money and bringing in Wilson isn't going to plug right into another team. It's got to be a team that is completely restructuring their offense and willing to bet a big portion on him. It doesn't make sense.

It really doesn't make sense for the Seahawks to pay him that much, but at least they have spent the nearly a decade trying to build a team around him. He's part of a long term strategy, that's a HUGE gamble for a new team.

On the open market, I'd bet he'd barely pull half of what he's getting in Seattle, and anyone who'd sign him would probably want a 5-year deal.

The deal he's got is unbeatable for him. There is no way he's going anywhere else, he guaranteed that with his cash guarantee.

Lol building around him lol next you will tell me the earth is flat.

knownone

Reaction score
Changes?

I think they need to bring in someone outside of Pete's defensive scheme to help the defense evolve. Currently, the Niners are the only team running a variant of our defense successfully and they are loaded with talent. That's not a viable strategy for us to emulate. It's time to evolve and get more creative on defense, and that probably means moving on from Norton.

Other than that... instead of trading back maybe trade up in the draft to land a top tier defensive player or lineman.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":5co0rd3t said:
Jville":5co0rd3t said:
John63":5co0rd3t said:
MontanaHawk05":5co0rd3t said:
So you are a Russell Wilson fan instead of a Seahawks fan. I always suspected it.

But no, they shouldn't do that. Seattle had three Pro Bowlers on the line a few weeks ago; they were all out today. The problem was the playcalling, which placed all the weight on the backups.

Lol yes I am.dayi intrade Wilson and get picjs and more cash to get what PC need to run his offense because I only care about Wilson. You do realize any team.that could do that trade would suck but I would be doing it to help Wilson...r.i.g.h.t.

I am first a hawks fanThen a Wilson fan :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then a Diggs fan
Then a Dk fan
Then well you get it.

Sorry John ..I have to disagree man and I'm going by experience(s) with you.
That made my morning though :lol:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IndyHawk":xnso76mq said:
John63":xnso76mq said:
Jville":xnso76mq said:
John63":xnso76mq said:

I am first a hawks fanThen a Wilson fan :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then a Diggs fan
Then a Dk fan
Then well you get it.

Sorry John ..I have to disagree man and I'm going by experience(s) with you.
That made my morning though :lol:
Ditto. Same guy that was blasting people for hating on Wilson on several threads on the Gameday Forum when not a single post on those threads had a thing to do with Wilson.
But keep feeding this douche if you'd like.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think the op is just going overboard to make a point. The offense is Pete’s even though he is a defensive coach. This is a problem. We don’t adjust what we are doing to account for personnel changes. Our game plan every single game is to play conservative and keep it close but hopefully win it at the end. It might help if he would loosen some of that grip and allow his offensive staff to do some game planning and situational adjustments before the games are in jeopardy. If we are going to change personnel though and provided everyone comes back healthy for gosh sake can we please jettison CJ Prosise? Do not re-up him! Give his roster space to some one that can stay on the field when needed!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":26ouzwpq said:
I think the op is just going overboard to make a point.

I don't agree; there's a contingent of people who really believe that Wilson should be gone because he's not "used enough" or whatever. And somehow you're going to get a QB who doesn't suck and then use the money to get really good players, apparently quite easily. Here's a thread from earlier this year (brace yourselves, it's a disaster):

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... 1ce2963575

xray

Reaction score
Keep Carroll in the HO and off the sidelines . Enough of his episodes of dementia . :stirthepot:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2mka7384 said:
brimsalabim":2mka7384 said:
I think the op is just going overboard to make a point.

I don't agree; there's a contingent of people who really believe that Wilson should be gone because he's not "used enough" or whatever. And somehow you're going to get a QB who doesn't suck and then use the money to get really good players, apparently quite easily. Here's a thread from earlier this year (brace yourselves, it's a disaster):

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155666

No it's the old Anthony! if you were here a few years ago- and he is being faceitous.

Anthony!/John is a Wilson fan only. If Wilson really were to leave Seattle, he would not have a reason to be on these boards anymore.

So while you are right, there are some people with that philosophy (take his money and build a defense, or whatever) that isnt this case here.