Carrying the team

eo620

Reaction score
It's good to see that RW is doing so well now that he doesn't have to carry the team alone (or whatever he said). Lost to the Seahawks, and looked very ordinary against Houston. I'll bet he's enjoying the $240 mil contract extension playing for a team that won't make the playoffs. Denver fans will get tired of him real quick

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It's good to see that RW is doing so well now that he doesn't have to carry the team alone (or whatever he said). Lost to the Seahawks, and looked very ordinary against Houston. I'll bet he's enjoying the $240 mil contract extension playing for a team that won't make the playoffs. Denver fans will get tired of him real quick
They already are getting tired of him, screaming the playclock down second by second because they're sick of all the delay of game penalties already by game 2

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Yea Russ is the one calling the plays . 🙄
He's the field general, right? In a partnership with the HC and not just the QB, right? He had the same problem here, and yet he's on a different team. Why isn't he snapping the ball on time? Why isn't he calling audibles and leading this team to greatness? Why isn't he earning the MVP votes this early when he has the power he's been craving but has been held back by PC and Co all this time? Why isn't he the next Tom Brady when he finally got what he wanted? He isn't carrying his new team on his shoulders, is he?

Edit: I don't hate you, just don't make excuses for Russ when he only cares about himself and his image.

Last edited:

Rainger

Reaction score
At least he has scored in his last 6 quarters of play.
Barely, 2 tds in 2 games for the saviour God??

Multiple delay of games, overthrows, sacked at same rate as in Seattle.

Thought once in Denver they were SB bound.

He has played 2 of the lower teams in NFL. Only scored 16 points against each lol. Mostly FG,s. I watched much of the Denver game, other than the one TD he looked worse than Geno.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Typical Russ win for the donkeys. Anyone on here not think he would lead them to a 4th quarter comeback win in a tight game? Couldn’t do anything all game then found his 4th quarter magic. No doubting he’s been one of the best at it.

Scout

Reaction score
I will say this so far about the Broncos. I knew that Teddy B wasn't going to help the Broncos win many games single handedly last year but he wasn't the only problem with Denver either. Wilson is still trying to settle in but the problem with Denver is that their OL is pretty ordinary despite investing a lot of draft resources. The defense isn't what it used to be and a lot of inexperienced coaches on Denver's sideline.

A lot of times teams fall into the trap of thinking they are a QB away from competing when they need to build at team up. Carolina is a good example as they sit 0-2 in a division that looks tougher now.

The Panthers play the Saints, Cardinals, 49ers, Rams, Bucs and Falcons. By the end of Oct they will be lucky to have 2-3 wins going through that gauntlet. Overpaying for Darnold and Mayfield isn't a good idea IMO but it is a long season so they have a slim chance of turning it around.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Barely, 2 tds in 2 games for the saviour God??

Multiple delay of games, overthrows, sacked at same rate as in Seattle.

Thought once in Denver they were SB bound.

He has played 2 of the lower teams in NFL. Only scored 16 points against each lol. Mostly FG,s. I watched much of the Denver game, other than the one TD he looked worse than Geno.

He cant make the RBs hold onto the ball at the goal line.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno 392 yds 2 TDs 1 INT 99.1 rating
Wilson 559 yds 2 TDs 1 INT 86.5 rating

So basically almost twice the yards and twice the throws. Think about that for a minute. I'll explain it to you when you fail to figure it out.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
We weren't winning a super bowl with Russell so why does it matter the difference in stats. The whole point of the trade was to offload a malcontent and rebuild the shit show of a roster that we had last year. It's pointless to compare Geno to Russ when 50% (?) of our starters are rookies who need playing time and we draft a new QB this offseason.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The offense hasn't scored for 6 STRAIGHT QUARTERS. But I'm supposed to believe that Geno is the answer. They got smoked.
On to Sunday.

Scout

Reaction score
We weren't winning a super bowl with Russell so why does it matter the difference in stats. The whole point of the trade was to offload a malcontent and rebuild the shit show of a roster that we had last year. It's pointless to compare Geno to Russ when 50% (?) of our starters are rookies who need playing time and we draft a new QB this offseason.

Agreed.

That is the point of being able to slowly build a competitive team on both sides of the ball.

JGreen79

Reaction score
So basically almost twice the yards and twice the throws. Think about that for a minute. I'll explain it to you when you fail to figure it out.
So are you saying, there has been no drop off so far going with Geno instead of Russ?

Or are you saying, Geno is much more efficient as he's able to throw the same amount of TD's while having less attempts?