Can the Rams Run it Back?

GemCity

Reaction score
I think they can. If Aaron Donald would’ve retired…I’d likely think differently.

No significant changes so, as hard as it is, they’re postured to go back-to-back.

olyfan63

Reaction score
With that Defense, Stafford, Kupp, and OBJ, and McVay calling the shots, I think Rams odds are better than most. This schitt is so unpredictable though, a couple key injuries, a few key players leave and loss of chemistry, etc. I haven't really paid much attention to LAR comings and goings. Rams seem to have drafted well with the picks they have, so I expect them to pick up a couple-three good players in the draft. Can Alice or someone post a quick summary of Rams player and key coaching staff adds and losses?

flv2

Reaction score
I hope so, but the Rams had to win 3 coin flips at the end to finish as Champions. So far they're down $50M on talent from last season and they don't have a lot of Draft capital. The odds are stacked against them.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
I think they have an up and down year of looking unbeatable at times and lost the next week. NFC is weak and there isn’t a team that wants to meet up with them come the post season. By default yes they have what it takes to win the NFC and once in the SB they have the chance even though some AFC teams would be have equal if not better talent across the board and younger. Scenario, vomiting one at that, what if its Denver and LA? Y’all rooting against LA or rooting against Russ and for Wagz?

James in PA

Reaction score
I think they'll pull a Seahawks and Chiefs. They'll probably get back to the big dance but come up short of going back to back.

sdog1981

Reaction score
They will be the first team to have played a 21-game season. So the injury bug will be a major factor.

They also lost glue guys in free agency. It is hard to replace players like Darius Williams, Robert Woods, Joseph-Day, and even Johnny Hekker are guys that you only notice when they are no longer on the team.

I think they will win 10-12 games and lose in the divisional round.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Oh yeah. They're favorites. Their best competition is from teams with strong rosters and weak/unproven QBs, or vice versa.

11/12 toughest teams seem to be in the AFC.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It should be easier for them.

The only real competition for home field advantage as a Division winner is going to be AZ, that is barely a contest. Sure the 49ers tend to be rough against them but I think with Bobby (who admittedly has lost a step) they are no longer going to be a cakewalk to run all over. So the 49ers, with barely a QB, aren't the threat they were. Then they get 2 easy wins against the Seahawks, almost guaranteed.

They get the chance to offer 1 year prove it deals to normally high cost FAs that want the chance to play for a contender or want to chase a ring.

And they really don't have any real world beaters in the NFC, maybe the Bucs? The Packers tend fall short in the playoffs. And the Saints have who at QB? There really isn't anyone that is a tough out in the NFC, maybe a few that matchup poorly like the 49ers but if they win the division they get homefield for those games.

This will probably be the easiest road they could get if they were drawing it up.

Stud

Reaction score
What do you all think as Hawk fans?

Depends if the NFL wants to keep building up the LA fan base. I mean, they delayed a game against Seattle where a bunch of Rams players had COVID, and then Seattle players get it and the NFL tells Seattle to eff off. Then in the super bowl, with the Rams losing, the penalty less game all of a sudden flags were being throw non stop to make sure LA got into the end zone.

So I guess it's up to the NFL whether it wants to keep building the LA fanbase

Fade

Reaction score
Yes, they can.

The NFC is a joke.

The NFC South is the worst Division in Football. If Brady is traded to the Dolphins, we're talking about the worst Division in modern NFL History. If Brady stays, that is 1 team, TB.

The NFC East is also bad, WAS can be good, if somehow Carson Wentz can put it together, but not likely. DAL, lol.

The NFC North, at present also a dumpster fire. The Packers, but Rodgers is another year older, and lost his security blanket in Adams.

The NFC West is a quality Division, but the team at the bottom, the Seahawks, are still living in the past and trying to recreate the impossibleof what they pulled off over a decade ago, doubling down on their own stupidity seemingly because that is all they know. The Cards have a coach who has never won anything, and shows no signs of that ever changing. The 49ers are at odds with their best player, Deebo.

It is all coming up Rams. They have to avoid the usual problems that go along with winning the Super Bowl, McVay has to figure that out, but the NFC is handing them the conference on a silver platter.

QWERTY

Reaction score
It all depends. if Kupp gets injured and done for the year - No.

If Stafford gets injured and done for the year - No

If Donald gets injured and done for the year - No.

DJrmb

Reaction score
They got the LA team their ferry tail championship... They won't get as much extra push from the powers that be this coming season. I doubt they even make the NFC championship game IMO.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If you really think the Rams will run it back to the Superbowl this year, you don't understand that luck has a lot more to do with winning a ring than talent does. If the Rams are lucky, then sure. But it's all about luck, literally. I personally don't feel like the Rams will be as lucky this year as they were last year, and I'm looking forward to them being shut down over it. They got their ring last year, you can't expect a super team to win it back to back, the Patriots were an anomaly not the standard.