Business Week - 49ers' new stadium is a dud

253hawk

Reaction score
Not even 50K people and they ran out of food and beer? Ouch.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in the architecture of Levi stadium. It hints of a design by a committee with each committee member possessing a different list of priorities.

"I came home super sun burnt," said Gabe Hernandez, a 30-year-old fan from Roseville. "Me and my friend only lasted one quarter until she tapped out to get out of the beaming sun. I miss the 'Stick." .......... Joanne McPhee, a season ticket holder for two decades, is used to hot conditions -- she lives in Morgan Hill. But she said "the sun was unbearable" on Sunday. Another fan, Bill Moore, Sr., called the experience of baking in the sun "miserable." ............. Though the temperature was just above 80 degrees in Santa Clara, it felt several degrees hotter in the crowded stands Sunday. Fire Department and team officials said the heat accounted for most of the 60 emergency calls at the stadium, an unusually high number for a 49ers game, and two people were taken to the emergency room.

"Many people just needed to get out of the sun," said fire Chief Bill Kelly. "For many of them, there was a general feeling of weakness, and (they) just needed to rest and get some water."

Those cooling towels, as seen on TV, will probably be appearing at 49er games very soon. I would think that cooling towels with a 49er logo will be introduced very soon as a revenue stream.

It must be sobering be miserable and to risk heat injury while looking up at a climate control NASCAR style luxury box. What a huge gap in fan experience. A fan gap that may be symbolic of a huge economic gap and tension that some believe coexists in the greater Bay Area.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I cannot get over how many people are complaining about the sun. On an 80-degree day. LOL.

It's seriously hilarious. What about all the fans in Miami watching the Dolphins outdoors when it's 95 and way more humid, in direct sunshine? They're perfectly fine.

Holy Christ, that whole region really is a whine-and-cheese crowd. SMH.

Basis4day

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":19kn87qp said:
I cannot get over how many people are complaining about the sun. On an 80-degree day. LOL.

It's seriously hilarious. What about all the fans in Miami watching the Dolphins outdoors when it's 95 and way more humid, in direct sunshine? They're perfectly fine.

Part of it was the sun reflecting off those luxury boxes.

Jville

Reaction score
I guess the the authorities are going to reprogram those 49er fans.

The team, acknowledging this issue, is mostly pushing for better education of fans, advising them to treat a trip to Levi's Stadium like a voyage to the beach: bring sun block and a hat, stay hydrated, monitor your alcohol content and go for a break in the shady concourses if you feel overwhelmed by the sun.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Basis4day":1kq32k7h said:
Part of it was the sun reflecting off those luxury boxes.
Must have been brutal. Like walking around the downtown area of a major city on a sunny day with light reflecting off all the skyscrapers.

Imagine the horror!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":56nglp2x said:
Looks like some nice accommodations will be in place for Seahawks fans coming to see our team achieving the first threepeat in NFL history.

Thanks, Marvin. :th2thumbs:
Correct. :mrgreen:

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":342ezwcc said:

Totally with you on that one.

Cracks me up what I'm seeing about peeps complaining about the heat. Do they think Charlotte and KC in August is nice and breezy? LOL.

SC is one of the nicest climates in the NFL. LOL. It just ain't Candlestick. I think THAT's the problem. People here are used to Candlestick and SC is much warmer.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah Marvin, I read that yesterday and it's a pretty good read on it. I'd love to see some of that technology in the Clink.