Back to being the ugly step child

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Wilson will die on that field before losing to Carrol.

He lost that spirit with us because the risk became greater than the reward for him (and the FO that overpaid him, as well). But suddenly in a contract year, with a new fanbase, new team, new local endorsement ops, the reward is once again greater than the risk. At least vs hated Seattle, prime time opening day.

Add to that the fact he has a lot of Hawk- intel to share with his new coaches and team mates? I could see us losing this one by 2 TDs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only insulting part if you're a fan or player/coach is the fact that the league made sure this attractive game was week one because they didn't want to risk putting it at week 10 because they think the Hawks will suck.

But on the positive side if there's a best week for the Hawks to upset the Broncos? It's week one when the team's fully healthy, motivated and Russell's nervous as hell coming back to a rowdy Lumen.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
This feels like those situations where when a team is getting routing the fans start throwing a fit about the “lack of sportsmanship” beating another team by 50. To which the response is always “well, it’s kinda your teams job to stop us”.

To me, same thing. It was PC/JS job to not let it get to this situation. There are plenty of well-built and drafted teams in the league that showed last season they can be ok with an average/replacement level QB.

The fact that we are going to suck so much this year, and more than likely get blown out by Russ and the Broncos, is 100% this staffs fault.

Wasted draft picks, terrible trades, and money wasted. This is the result. We need to live with it.
:cry:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Wilson will die on that field before losing to Carrol.

He lost that spirit with us because the risk became greater than the reward for him (and the FO that overpaid him, as well). But suddenly in a contract year, with a new fanbase, new team, new local endorsement ops, the reward is once again greater than the risk. At least vs hated Seattle, prime time opening day.

Add to that the fact he has a lot of Hawk- intel to share with his new coaches and team mates? I could see us losing this one by 2 TDs.
Not sure his intel on Defense will be too relevant considering we've switched to a 3-4 right around the time he was traded, but I could be wrong. I also think they might make some new plays on Offense for week 1 to throw Wilson off.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Doom and gloom? Or, rebuilding? Some people man…if you can chase out the Sonics AND Russell “Be Like Jesus” Wilson out of town, perhaps there’s something else wrong going on here.
Watch the 2018 wildcard game against Dallas. THAT’s why Russ wanted to leave.

The record this year will reflect years of bad decision making. While I don’t have much faith that things will get back in track prior to PC walking away, I do think they did a helluva job in this last draft. PC and John did “it” before, they could do it again. Next years draft positions look great (and football gods willing, the Broncos go 0-17 and give us a great pick). The 2023 rookies will need time to adapt as well.

But, THIS YEAR? Yah…Go Hawks. I get it. They’re going to stink. This team will not see 9-10 wins like I’ve been reading on this board.

That doesn’t mean it’s doom and gloom.
:cry:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Broncos opening play on offense... Russ drops back, feeling interior pressure, goes to his signature reverse spin out move, straight into the waiting arms of Darrell Taylor. Sack ONE on the year. lol

WarHawks

Reaction score
Until we draft an answer for Aaron Donald and his ilk, I don't see us getting very far in the division. That said, it is an exciting time, and I look forward to seeing the Hawks mature and eventually become kind of the sandbox again.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
What the hell? Does anybody else feel like we've been setup? They couldn't wait for this matchup. I guess RW's butt licking of Goodell paid off.

Release our HOF defensive captain and trade away our HOF QB to face him on opening day with a bunch of untested rookies? Doesn't that seem like an obvious setup just to smear our faces in it?

I think football is starting to feel way too much like politics, get ready for a massively embarrassing beat down on MNF.

With a little time to develop we might have stood a chance.
Russ gonna take that L . Book it

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure what the first game of the year proves either way.
1st game. Brand new defense w/ new DC vs Brand new offense w/ new QB.
Probably going to be a rockfight, with mistakes on both sides all over the place.

Rust and errors are more likely than some sort of shining success for either side.

John63

Reaction score
Not sure what the first game of the year proves either way.
1st game. Brand new defense w/ new DC vs Brand new offense w/ new QB.
Probably going to be a rockfight, with mistakes on both sides all over the place.

Rust and errors are more likely than some sort of shining success for either side.
I agree