17 Points: My Take and Grades for the 2017 Draft

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This draft is the most interesting for me since 2012.

1. If you're a defense and special teams fan, you're probably quite intrigued, if not THAT effusive, about this draft. What gets me the most is that each guy, while flawed and saddled with at least one distinct downside, also has an eye-opening upside/endorsement/accolade about him. Sure, some scout or coach from a remote division is always raving about each sixth-rounder, but the ravings on these guys seem to pop, to come from respectable sources, ones that really grab my attention. That's unlike the last four drafts, which seemed disproportionately full of JAGs. This also feels like a more thoroughly Seahawky draft - lots of toughness, lots of chips on shoulders, again more so than previous drafts. Instead of ho-hum bodies, this year's haul feels full of attitude-driven contributors with an asterisk to overcome.

2. I also sense an eye towards the future with this draft. The Seahawks grabbed enough DB potential to almost completely replace the current Legion of Boom if coaching goes well. This gives them flexibility in contract negotiations for the Legion. It also seems to further the notion that Schneider is keeping his options open regarding trading Richard Sherman, should a team be dumb enough to meet Seattle's stratospheric price tag.

Between that and the defensive tackle talent we picked up, this year's team could mount enough defensive and ST depth to rival the 2013 team. The ST part was a hugely underrated piece of that year's success. This is why I'm excited. Going defense could pay off.

3. If you're an offensive line guy, there's no helping you. This just wasn't the year for the Hawks to scratch that itch. In a typical year, all your favorite linemen from this draft - Robinson, Ramcyzyk, Lamp - would have been drafted in the third round at best, where Rees Odhiambo was. That's 70 picks lower than where Russell Okung was taken. You didn't like Okung. Let all that sink in.

4. The trade-downs were fun. Everyone Seattle wanted was still on the board and still would be after eight more picks, so yeah. It didn't bug me that the 49ers got Foster. What were we supposed to do, replace Bobby Wagner with him? The 49ers were going to get better regardless of what we did. They've finally got a clue in that front office.

5. Malik McDowell, DT: A-. When this pick was announced, I pumped my fist and hollered. That's exactly who I wanted Seattle to take. If you're concerned about the perceived "decline" of Seattle's defense, McDowell is a solution. Interior pass rush has long been our biggest, and yet quietest, problem. Atyha Rubin and Tony McDaniel are good rotational hustle guys with a splash play or two each month, but as starters, they just aren't difference makers. We badly need someone coring out the middle of the pocket and flushing quarterbacks. It hasn't happened in a long time.

McDowell has been called Michael Bennett 2.0. His frame is actually closer to Calais Campbell, and that's his upside. With Clint Hurtt (an enormous pickup) coaching our defensive line, McDowell reaching that potential is not out of the question. Pete and John's comments about his ability to play all along the line suggest to me that they're still yearning for a Red Bryant 2.0. Well, Malik isn't quite that big, but he has the versatility.

I do feel a little awkward justifying the motor concerns. There's a reason he fell to the second round. But between Malik and Clark, and with steps forward from Jarran Reed (already solid) and perhaps Quinton Jefferson, this line could have our secondary feasting on turnovers again. Nobody's looking forward to playing our division next year, that's for sure.

6. Ethan Pocic, T: B. This guy actually fascinates me. The reason being, he's much more polished than almost anyone Tom Cable has drafted. He's got some technique to him. Our previous "versatile" OL guys haven't failed because they're jacks of all trades but masters of none; they've failed because they just don't break into the lineup anywhere. I have a hunch that Pocic just might. Especially if our tackle positions are the howling vortices of negative matter that everyone assumes they are (which they aren't necessarily). That's why I don't assume Britt is on his way out. Pocic might not necessarily be destined for his position.

I trust Rob Staton when he says that rumors of Pocic's epic fail against LSU have been a bit exaggerated. He's got the motor and the play-past-the-whistle tenacity. He didn't give up a sack or hit in 2016. Up-and-coming Youtube scout Coleman Crawford likes him. I'd say, give him a chance.

7. Shaquill Griffin, CB: C+. Badly needed competition for CB2 against Jeremy Lane, though not a lock. Athletic freak, combine darling, great cover corner with the pass-defensed stats to prove it. UCF fans are telling us we've got a gem on our hands, mentally tough but a big team guy. There seems to be a weird...meh...feeling about the guy...like everyone's calling it a solid pick in the most generic way. Whatever. We're all happy.

8. Delano Hill, S: A-. I was meh on him when I started writing this, but as I researched...well, let's just say "tackling" is this guy's calling card. Our safety depth, again, could now rival 2013's between this guy and Bradley McDougald. Hill is a coverage-experienced big nickel guy with a nose for the ball who stood out even amongst Michigan's secondary. The "screen killer" designations I've seen in some places make him sound like the KJ Wright of the secondary. That's Hill's "pop" for me. Lance Zierlein's report on him, OTOH, sounded eerily like Kam, as did the fact that the rest of the experts hated the pick. Screw 'em. Hill's going to be very nice on special teams at the very least - fast and wood-laying, if not hugely athletic. Frank Clark is sure excited to have him.

9. Nazair Jones, DT: C. Tar Heel fans are saying good things about this one. Seattle is gambling against chronic injury here. Conflicting reports on whether he'll provide any pass rush, but does provide depth and signing flexibility. If I had to pick a guy (above the 7th) to get snatched trying to reach the practice squad, it might be this one.

10. Amara Darboh, WR: B+. I'm a sucker for second-tier WRs, so forgive me if I drool a little. But Darboh's size, wingspan, run-blocking, route running and catching skills are bringing him flattering comparisons. One was Mohamed Sanu. We badly needed a 6'0"+ guy to open up the playbook - way too many go routes with all the small guys we have. He's burned Shaquill Griffin once or twice too, LOL.

But what really probably got Pete and John's attention is Darboh's clutch gene. Go read Hawkscanner's description of his game-winning play against Ohio State in the pinned post on him. Darboh became known for those plays. That's a great mentality at high competition that really separates him from Lawler, Norwood, Harper, all that crowd in my mind. Bet he immediately pushes McEvoy for playing time. If he does, I see him validating a few redline throws from Wilson.

11. Tedric Thompson, CB: B+. This guy is actually a threat to nab the CB2 job from both Lane and Griffin. He's a ballhawk standout from a good secondary. Getting named college football's best coverage defender by PFF is an eye-opening thing (yes, I know it's PFF). Again, there's injury history to consider here, and lack of athleticism, which is probably why he lasted into the fourth. Coug_Hawk08, of course, has been crapping on pretty much all our DB picks, and he hates this guy. But Seattle has certainly loaded up on instinct in its DB haul this year. Bye, Steven Terrell.

I'm having a hard time verifying the 4-concussion thing. I think it was 4 games missed because of 1 concussion, from bad tackling that's since been corrected.

12. Mike Tyson, CB: C+. something's got to give with the logjam at DB. This might be it. But he's a comparable slot tackler to Hill and some production not too far behind Thompson, so who knows. Certainly versatile. He's also noted as a capable press corner. That keeps him in the mix at least for a little while. What's really going to be insufferable are months of fake lisps and ear jokes on this board.

13. Justin Senior, T: D-. This is my bet to get cut straight-up. Most interesting aspects are his name and getting announced by Marcus Trufant. A stretch even for a developmental guy. Improved during Senior Bowl, he's got the measurables, and PC/JS want him at tackle, but his technique blows chunks. I don't have the sense that he'll leapfrog Fant, Odhiambo, or even Pocic for any playing time. I imagine Cable tries him out at kicker.

14. David Moore, WR: C-. The "who?" pick of the draft. Should have been a priority UDFA. Physically close to Darboh, owned at a tiny school nobody's heard of. It's not crazy for starters to come out of small schools, and I'm impressed that Seattle's draft eyes did such good diligence, which raises the grade just a bit. But I can't imagine him bringing anything to the rotation that isn't already there. Practice squad. He's not slow, though.

15. Chris Carson, RB: B+. I know we're crammed to the gills at RB, but...pay attention to this guy. There are a couple nuggets in his scouting reports (see his pinned thread), right down to his running gait, that sound chillingly like a former starting Seahawks RB you may have heard of, one who was just traded to Oakland. Maybe it's too much to hope for. But attitude makes a difference in our team's RB competitions. Carson loves contact, breaks tackles, and trucks defenders. He can also catch. Don't be surprised if he leapfrogs a few guys and becomes 2017's massively overrated preseason darling (Rawls held that honor, too).

His downsides were a hand injury and a lack of production and big runs. Still, it seems he could have gone higher than the 7th. Also did a FB drill.

16. UDFAs. Jordan Roos, T (UDFA) - a "most improved" type with some eye-opening workout stats. A long-term starter at Purdue. Camp body, but a fun one. Darreus Rogers, WR (UDFA) - I've seen a couple of people raving about this guy. His big ding is a 4.9 40 time. He has solid, solid hands and terrific blocking. Amazing high-pointer. Pete and John probably looked at him and went "ohh, redline guy". Maybe even "redzone guy". What? Hey, we love our UDFA receivers, right? Algernon Brown, FB (UDFA) - hey, a fullback. I wonder what all the fuss is about, but vin.couver12 likes him, and I want to have vin.couver12's babies, so CHAMPIONSHIP. I need to go to bed.

17. Anyone else get annoyed by Twitter leaking the picks long before the draft coverage did? That needs to change somehow. Threaten lynchings or something.

Thank you for your attention. Flame away.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2iqlikaq said:
This draft is the most interesting for me since 2012.

1. If you're a defense and special teams fan, you're probably quite intrigued, if not THAT effusive, about this draft. What gets me the most is that each guy, while flawed and saddled with at least one distinct downside, also has an eye-opening upside/endorsement/accolade about him. Sure, some scout or coach from a remote division is always raving about each sixth-rounder, but the ravings on these guys seem to pop, to come from respectable sources, ones that really grab my attention. That's unlike the last four drafts, which seemed disproportionately full of JAGs. This also feels like a more thoroughly Seahawky draft - lots of toughness, lots of chips on shoulders, again more so than previous drafts. Instead of ho-hum bodies, this year's haul feels full of attitude-driven contributors with an asterisk to overcome.

2. I also sense an eye towards the future with this draft. The Seahawks grabbed enough DB potential to almost completely replace the current Legion of Boom if coaching goes well. This gives them flexibility in contract negotiations for the Legion. It also seems to further the notion that Schneider is keeping his options open regarding trading Richard Sherman, should a team be dumb enough to meet Seattle's stratospheric price tag.

Between that and the defensive tackle talent we picked up, this year's team could mount enough defensive and ST depth to rival the 2013 team. The ST part was a hugely underrated piece of that year's success. This is why I'm excited. Going defense could pay off.

3. If you're an offensive line guy, there's no helping you. This just wasn't the year for the Hawks to scratch that itch. In a typical year, all your favorite linemen from this draft - Robinson, Ramcyzyk, Lamp - would have been drafted in the third round at best, where Rees Odhiambo was. That's 70 picks lower than where Russell Okung was taken. You didn't like Okung. Let all that sink in.

4. The trade-downs were fun. Everyone Seattle wanted was still on the board and still would be after eight more picks, so yeah. It didn't bug me that the 49ers got Foster. What were we supposed to do, replace Bobby Wagner with him? The 49ers were going to get better regardless of what we did. They've finally got a clue in that front office.

5. Malik McDowell, DT: A-. When this pick was announced, I pumped my fist and hollered. That's exactly who I wanted Seattle to take. If you're concerned about the perceived "decline" of Seattle's defense, McDowell is a solution. Interior pass rush has long been our biggest, and yet quietest, problem. Atyha Rubin and Tony McDaniel are good rotational hustle guys with a splash play or two each month, but as starters, they just aren't difference makers. We badly need someone coring out the middle of the pocket and flushing quarterbacks. It hasn't happened in a long time.

McDowell has been called Michael Bennett 2.0. His frame is actually closer to Calais Campbell, and that's his upside. With Clint Hurtt (an enormous pickup) coaching our defensive line, McDowell reaching that potential is not out of the question. Pete and John's comments about his ability to play all along the line suggest to me that they're still yearning for a Red Bryant 2.0. Well, Malik isn't quite that big, but he has the versatility.

I do feel a little awkward justifying the motor concerns. There's a reason he fell to the second round. But between Malik and Clark, and with steps forward from Jarran Reed (already solid) and perhaps Quinton Jefferson, this line could have our secondary feasting on turnovers again. Nobody's looking forward to playing our division next year, that's for sure.

6. Ethan Pocic, T: B. This guy actually fascinates me. The reason being, he's much more polished than almost anyone Tom Cable has drafted. He's got some technique to him. Our previous "versatile" OL guys haven't failed because they're jacks of all trades but masters of none; they've failed because they just don't break into the lineup anywhere. I have a hunch that Pocic just might. Especially if our tackle positions are the howling vortices of negative matter that everyone assumes they are (which they aren't necessarily). That's why I don't assume Britt is on his way out. Pocic might not necessarily be destined for his position.

I trust Rob Staton when he says that rumors of Pocic's epic fail against LSU have been a bit exaggerated. He's got the motor and the play-past-the-whistle tenacity. He didn't give up a sack or hit in 2016. Up-and-coming Youtube scout Coleman Crawford likes him. I'd say, give him a chance.

7. Shaquill Griffin, CB: C+. Badly needed competition for CB2 against Jeremy Lane, though not a lock. Athletic freak, combine darling, great cover corner with the pass-defensed stats to prove it. UCF fans are telling us we've got a gem on our hands, mentally tough but a big team guy. There seems to be a weird...meh...feeling about the guy...like everyone's calling it a solid pick in the most generic way. Whatever. We're all happy.

8. Delano Hill, S: A-. I was meh on him when I started writing this, but as I researched...well, let's just say "tackling" is this guy's calling card. Our safety depth, again, could now rival 2013's between this guy and Bradley McDougald. Hill is a coverage-experienced big nickel guy with a nose for the ball who stood out even amongst Michigan's secondary. The "screen killer" designations I've seen in some places make him sound like the KJ Wright of the secondary. That's Hill's "pop" for me. Lance Zierlein's report on him, OTOH, sounded eerily like Kam, as did the fact that the rest of the experts hated the pick. Screw 'em. Hill's going to be very nice on special teams at the very least - fast and wood-laying, if not hugely athletic. Frank Clark is sure excited to have him.

9. Nazair Jones, DT: C. Tar Heel fans are saying good things about this one. Seattle is gambling against chronic injury here. Conflicting reports on whether he'll provide any pass rush, but does provide depth and signing flexibility. If I had to pick a guy (above the 7th) to get snatched trying to reach the practice squad, it might be this one.

10. Amara Darboh, WR: B+. I'm a sucker for second-tier WRs, so forgive me if I drool a little. But Darboh's size, wingspan, run-blocking, route running and catching skills are bringing him flattering comparisons. One was Mohamed Sanu. We badly needed a 6'0"+ guy to open up the playbook - way too many go routes with all the small guys we have. He's burned Shaquill Griffin once or twice too, LOL.

But what really probably got Pete and John's attention is Darboh's clutch gene. Go read Hawkscanner's description of his game-winning play against Ohio State in the pinned post on him. Darboh became known for those plays. That's a great mentality at high competition that really separates him from Lawler, Norwood, Harper, all that crowd in my mind. Bet he immediately pushes McEvoy for playing time. If he does, I see him validating a few redline throws from Wilson.

11. Tedric Thompson, CB: B+. This guy is actually a threat to nab the CB2 job from both Lane and Griffin. He's a ballhawk standout from a good secondary. Getting named college football's best coverage defender by PFF is an eye-opening thing (yes, I know it's PFF). Again, there's injury history to consider here, and lack of athleticism, which is probably why he lasted into the fourth. Coug_Hawk08, of course, has been crapping on pretty much all our DB picks, and he hates this guy. But Seattle has certainly loaded up on instinct in its DB haul this year. Bye, Steven Terrell.

I'm having a hard time verifying the 4-concussion thing. I think it was 4 games missed because of 1 concussion, from bad tackling that's since been corrected.

12. Mike Tyson, CB: C+. something's got to give with the logjam at DB. This might be it. But he's a comparable slot tackler to Hill and some production not too far behind Thompson, so who knows. Certainly versatile. He's also noted as a capable press corner. That keeps him in the mix at least for a little while. What's really going to be insufferable are months of fake lisps and ear jokes on this board.

13. Justin Senior, T: D-. This is my bet to get cut straight-up. Most interesting aspects are his name and getting announced by Marcus Trufant. A stretch even for a developmental guy. Improved during Senior Bowl, he's got the measurables, and PC/JS want him at tackle, but his technique blows chunks. I don't have the sense that he'll leapfrog Fant, Odhiambo, or even Pocic for any playing time. I imagine Cable tries him out at kicker.

14. David Moore, WR: C-. The "who?" pick of the draft. Should have been a priority UDFA. Physically close to Darboh, owned at a tiny school nobody's heard of. It's not crazy for starters to come out of small schools, and I'm impressed that Seattle's draft eyes did such good diligence, which raises the grade just a bit. But I can't imagine him bringing anything to the rotation that isn't already there. Practice squad. He's not slow, though.

15. Chris Carson, RB: B+. I know we're crammed to the gills at RB, but...pay attention to this guy. There are a couple nuggets in his scouting reports (see his pinned thread), right down to his running gait, that sound chillingly like a former starting Seahawks RB you may have heard of, one who was just traded to Oakland. Maybe it's too much to hope for. But attitude makes a difference in our team's RB competitions. Carson loves contact, breaks tackles, and trucks defenders. He can also catch. Don't be surprised if he leapfrogs a few guys and becomes 2017's massively overrated preseason darling (Rawls held that honor, too).

His downsides were a hand injury and a lack of production and big runs. Still, it seems he could have gone higher than the 7th. Also did a FB drill.

16. UDFAs. Jordan Roos, T (UDFA) - a "most improved" type with some eye-opening workout stats. A long-term starter at Purdue. Camp body, but a fun one. Darreus Rogers, WR (UDFA) - I've seen a couple of people raving about this guy. His big ding is a 4.9 40 time. He has solid, solid hands and terrific blocking. Amazing high-pointer. Pete and John probably looked at him and went "ohh, redline guy". Maybe even "redzone guy". What? Hey, we love our UDFA receivers, right? Algernon Brown, FB (UDFA) - hey, a fullback. I wonder what all the fuss is about, but vin.couver12 likes him, and I want to have vin.couver12's babies, so CHAMPIONSHIP. I need to go to bed.

17. Anyone else get annoyed by Twitter leaking the picks long before the draft coverage did? That needs to change somehow. Threaten lynchings or something.

Thank you for your attention. Flame away.

Nice compilation, I think , Moore will struggle early against top competition, but if his bio is correct he has a lot of good receiver traits, uses his body to box out defender, hands catcher and frames the ball for his QB, great speed for his size as well. Could leap frog guys if he has the right attitude and now pushed achieves marked improvement quickly with having to actually put in the hard work against guys his equal.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Great write up. I am also intrigued by this class and am so glad they didn't use alot of draft capital on oline. We did that last year. They're still cooking, we should/could be set already. We needed some young and hungry on defense, looks like we found some. I still can't believe out of all our backup dbs, no one would turn there head! You'd think our extensive cover guy braintrust would fill somebody in. You are a victim until you turn your head. But I digress. I love this time of year. Fans of all teams should be able to convince themselves their's are going all the way. I am certain the Hawks are going to win it all this year after that draft!

Go Hawks

Jac

Reaction score
It took a while to see the whole fabric of their draft, but I ended up really liking it. They won the 2013 Super Bowl with pass rush, hard hitting/ball hawking pass defense, and defensive depth. They went hard to re-create all that. They already have the QB, power RBs (augmented by Carson), and receiving talent to complement that infusion on defense. Obviously the OL has to get better to tie it all together...but like has been said, this wasn't the draft to do it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Great analysis Montana! I am with you on Hill. I have been watching him that last few years and he is a monster tackler and GREAT on ST-something we really need. I am so stoked for camp to start.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Nice job. One thought I had looking down the list of UDFAs was that I was surprised there was no kicker. I know there are already two on the roster, but figured they'd want to take a look at a young guy and throw him into the competition.

MTHawk1

Reaction score
Thank You for your time Montana, great write up! Real competition added to the db/st room. I am surprised there was not a olb they liked enough to add to the mix. Very excited to get this season started!

Mick063

Reaction score
One person's take based upon a compilation of internet searches.

I'll watch some preseason games and then get my own first impressions at that time.

endzorn

Reaction score
I'm with you on most of it, but Griffin is actually my favorite pick. He can flat out cover and he has a great attitude. He hasn't done much press to this point so it may take him a little while to learn Seattle's technique and be a contributor. If you ask me this was our one home run pick.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Mick063":1po3mgqh said:
One person's take based upon a compilation of internet searches.

I'll watch some preseason games and then get my own first impressions at that time.

Okay. See you in August then. Thanks for stopping by.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Great write-up, Montana!!! Love your insight here, and I agree almost 100%.

Love the Hill pick and think he and Tedric will make some plays this year. I'm a bit higher on Griffin than you are, however.

I'm intrigued by some of our UDFA's, most prominantly: Skyler Howard, Roos and Algernon Brown.

Brown as a fullback runs a 4.5/4.6 40, and has some wiggle, and was very productive at BYU.

Roos is the one that screams 10 year offensive lineman, to me. He's very physical, very athletic with a strong, muscular build. He's tough as nails and looks to use his hands well, and can really move with his legs.

Howard has a great chance of taking the backup QB spot.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up and mention!

In fairness, I like Delano as mentioned in his thread, just thought it was way too early. Also praised Shaq and honestly hope he beats out lane.

I do think the others DBs are wash outs/will have little to no impact. For being a DB strong draft, I didn't really like who we chose to go with with. Thought there were better players at the position to be had at each pick or within an small trade up. We really hunkered down and waited for things to come to us after we traded down.

It's ok to disagree on picks, folks. Most people are absolutely wrong about the draft, including GMs.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Phew, glad i didn't post my 14 points thread, it would have paled in comparison to your 17. I would've been left with size inadequacy issues :p

I agree with a lot of what you said, I'm a little higher on Jones than you are. He's a stout body against the run and I believe that's why we got him. On run downs with him and Reed clogging up the middle, there is little room to move out there and what eeks out Bobby and KJ are going to feast on. I think we're going to see a nice tandom there in the run game. He does have a little push up front as well. He's not going to be the dynamic presence that Malik could be but he'll be able to push a pocket back and make life a little tougher on qbs. All in all I think we nailed this dline draft.

Carson excites me too, I'll admit I didn't know a hell of a lot about him prior the draft but everything I'm seeing and reading of late has got me pretty enthused to see what he's got. Downhill runners with our line is about the only recipe for success, a wait for your spot dancer type may end up eating a lot of negative yards.

Moore intrigues me, small school guys get overlooked because of the competition but if you can catch you can catch and he seems to have speed size so lets see what he can do.

Like the db collection we got. They aren't the big names but all seem to have the same qualities, sure tacklers and football instincts. I'll take that over freak athletes who you have to teach the position to. Terrell proved last year that the tools do not make the player, you gotta have the instincts to be around the ball to ball.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Awesome write up Montana. Like Grahamhawker, I'm just here to bask in the light of smarter people.

Hyak

Reaction score
Really Nice write up/analysis. Note, however, that Thompson is slated to play FS per Carroll, which is what he did in college.

I thought going in that this had to be a defensive heavy draft. Given their draft capital was limited to start with, the two trade downs really helped their ability to stockpile picks.

1. They really need for the McDowell pick to pan out. If he does, it's a huge impact pick as interior pass rush has been inconsistent since McDonald left after 2013 aside from that 2 or 3 game stretch where Jordan Hill played really well (and then got hurt again).

2. The DB's seem to be getting the most grief by people largely because they are not the names they wanted. Diving deeper shows that the guys exhibit the skills/traits they like and potentially could be LOB 2.0 and at worst upgrade depth on paper. As JS said, they went by their board and didn't trade up for some of the other options. That said, the fact they didn't trade up tells me that their board/evaluations didn't put a premium on some of the name guys that the media and fan experts did.

3. I really like the Pocic pick and see his ability trumps his versatility although that's also critical in the game day activation decision making. I expect them to keep Britt at Center and see if Pocic can compete as a starter at G or RT. Based on the tape I've seen, which albeit is limited, he looks like a plug in starter at G or RT depending on what Ifedi does. As mentioned, he also hedges against Britt is he leaves in FA next year.

4. I think both WR's are intriguing given their size, speed, and their ability to play special teams (which gets glossed over by many).

5. The LT pick and RB picks late are likely PS guys for me in 2017 but who knows.

randomation

Reaction score
I think you are underrating Roos I think he has a legit chance to make the roster and possibly be starting by midseason. He stood out on a Purdue team that was pretty much devoid of talent outside of their freshman running back. If last year wasn't an aberration he has a very good chance of making the team I like him a lot more than Pocic to be completely honest.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
randomation":2b54l4en said:
I think you are underrating Roos I think he has a legit chance to make the roster and possibly be starting by midseason. He stood out on a Purdue team that was pretty much devoid of talent outside of their freshman running back. If last year wasn't an aberration he has a very good chance of making the team I like him a lot more than Pocic to be completely honest.
Agree 100%