Back to being the ugly step child

sprhawk73

Reaction score
What the hell? Does anybody else feel like we've been setup? They couldn't wait for this matchup. I guess RW's butt licking of Goodell paid off.

Release our HOF defensive captain and trade away our HOF QB to face him on opening day with a bunch of untested rookies? Doesn't that seem like an obvious setup just to smear our faces in it?

I think football is starting to feel way too much like politics, get ready for a massively embarrassing beat down on MNF.

With a little time to develop we might have stood a chance.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
:LOL: Take off your tinfoil hat, sir. Personally, I'm glad they're getting it out of the way early. Rather that than endless weeks of "waiting for the matchup" like it's the one game that matters this season. Fact is, it's a non-conference game in September. Get it over with and move on to the meaningful games in the schedule.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hey, if we win, then the pie will be in Wilson's face.

It should be a great matchup, and the Seahawks do have a 50% chance to win the game

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Hmmm. And if we knock him out for a few games? What’s the storyline then?

He isn’t as mobile as he was OR just didn’t try very hard to use his feet as a weapon.

Rainger

Reaction score
What the hell? Does anybody else feel like we've been setup? They couldn't wait for this matchup. I guess RW's butt licking of Goodell paid off.

Release our HOF defensive captain and trade away our HOF QB to face him on opening day with a bunch of untested rookies? Doesn't that seem like an obvious setup just to smear our faces in it?

I think football is starting to feel way too much like politics, get ready for a massively embarrassing beat down on MNF.

With a little time to develop we might have stood a chance.
I agree with it all other than the beat down. PC will have them ready, will go lots of man, (no open zone spaces), will put a spy on RW and pressure him from all angles and know his propensity to roll out backwards.

The beat down is on the Donks.

Boohman14

Reaction score
The pressure is on the Broncos. They're being picked by many to go deep in the playoffs. We're being picked to be drafting in the top 10 again in 2023.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What does all this rent free shit mean anyways??? I don't get how it adds to the conversation in the thread.
It doesn't. It's one guy who continually adds nothing to any conversation at all. He learned the phrase "rent free" from another poster and now spams it every time someone mentions Russell Wilson, who he has an unhealthy obsession with.

He, otherwise, does not participate.

Last edited:

James in PA

Reaction score
What does all this rent free shit mean anyways??? I don't get how it adds to the conversation in the thread.
It's an expression that is meant to show someone just how obsessed he or she is with a certain person or subject. "Wilson is no longer a Seahawks, but he's still living inside your head, rent free!"

That one Niners troll used it a lot in the politics forum.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It doesn't. It's one guy who continually adds nothing to any conversation at all. He learned the phrase "rent free" from another poster and now spams it every time someone mentions Russell Wilson, who he has an unhealthy obsession with.

He, otherwise, does not participate.
If you've watched the movie The Fan you would understand..Hopefully Drew Lock doesn't hang out in publicly accessed sauna rooms...100 percent bang on...why he still hangs out here I dont know as he has already joined a Broncos forum and sports the Creamsicle orange .

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's nothing more than capitalizing on an obvious story line for the NFL. Frankly I love how we get it over with right out of the gate. The 12s will be in full throat, the whole nation will be watching...I dig it. It will be the first game I take my new girlfriend to, she's stoked, I'm stoked...I could sell the two seats for a small fortune but hell no. I can't wait for this game for all the build up, all the story lines...

...Oh, and no I won't boo him. He meant too much to this team and to me for the past decade to do that. I won't judge anyone who does, but that just ain't my style. I will applaud the man when he comes out, but once he's on the field I am going to scream my guts out like I would do with any other opposing QB on our home turf.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hmmm. And if we knock him out for a few games? What’s the storyline then?

He isn’t as mobile as he was OR just didn’t try very hard to use his feet as a weapon.
You actually have to get to the QB in order to knock them out. :ROFLMAO:

I agree with getting it out of the way early. Bodes better for focus on the rest of the season. I think the Wagner visit for the last game is a great spot too. All results will probably be known by then and it will only be a "Thank You" kind of game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me there is a lot of buy-in to the media spin that the Hawks will suck w/o RW.

Let’s not forget that with Wilson last season the team had the 10th worst record in the NFL and finished last in the Division. Perhaps he will be missed a lot less than some predict.

There have been a lot of changes to the roster and the schemes to be run. The QBs here actually want to be here something missing last season or even before then. The D will look a lot different and will be younger.

Perhaps the team may suck but somehow I suspect the D will be a whole lot better and the O may begin to work out how to consistently run Waldron’s scheme.

I think many could be very happily surprised.

If not expect many roster changes.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
To me there is a lot of buy-in to the media spin that the Hawks will suck w/o RW.

Perhaps the team may suck but somehow I suspect the D will be a whole lot better and the O may begin to work out how to consistently run Waldron’s scheme.

I think many could be very happily surprised.

We're all hoping things will get good fast, but the "buy-in" is just reality if you're being probabilistic at all.

Save for a couple of WRs, a safety, a punter, and probably I'm forgetting right now, this team has few known bright spots with players. They're now amongst the worst at the most critical position, in which many teams don't even have a serviceable solution.

This team is most likely going to suck. Teams can always have things fall in line and be a surprise, but it's rare given the parameters we're looking at. I just hope this likely suck doesn't drag on for 10, 15, 20 years.