Atlanta Braves @ Seattle Mariners Apr 29 - May 1

Threedee

Reaction score
This was the series I feared the most, and, yet, they have a chance to go for the sweep this afternoon.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I hope the bats come alive before the pitching regresses a little. It's been amazing watching these pitchers go on a heater but it's likely not sustainable. Julio, Polanco, Raleigh and Garber still aren't hitting close to their typical averages yet. Hopefully the better weather helps

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shocked at the turnaround from this team. Crow galore and it's really fun. Just gotta' get more offense overall, imo.
I had tickets to last night, but gave them to friends (very sick dog at home :()

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I know it can't last forever, but you look at the starters and none of them wants to be the guy who breaks the streak. They're close to setting a league record for consecutive quality starts. That's some pressure. :)

It's like we have 5 legit #1 starters right now.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I assume a loss today. I think itll be a smear game. Like 6-1. Atlanta is too good to be held down 3 games in a row. And hancock is the weakest imo of the 5.

Hope i am wrong.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Even with our pitching (or maybe because of our pitching), I still think we should have gotten one more bat this winter. But the funny thing is that what I thought would be our weakest position, third base, has turned out to be the one of the best with Josh Rojas (.308 BA, .898 OPS). Just goes to show you. If only JP, Julio, Polanco and Garver can get back to being themselves, we could be even decent offensively.
Garver i was worried due to his power areas at Tmobile. Polanco should do well at tmobile more then most players due to line to line power.

Chapow

Reaction score
I assume a loss today. I think itll be a smear game. Like 6-1. Atlanta is too good to be held down 3 games in a row. And hancock is the weakest imo of the 5.

Hope i am wrong.

My thoughts exactly. But also, a pitcher like Chris Sale is just going to toy with this lineup like a cat with a mouse and then eat them for lunch.

Crizilla

Reaction score
For the 2nd time in 3 days Scotty sits our best hitter.
Dumbass.

Chapow

Reaction score
This was always going to be a tough day for our lineup against Sale, but if this ump is going to be calling pitches half a foot outside the zone strikes, we basically have no chance.

Chapow

Reaction score
People thought Teo was bad on defense in right field last season. Mitch Haniger says "hold my beer".

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
This was always going to be a tough day for our lineup against Sale, but if this ump is going to be calling pitches half a foot outside the zone strikes, we basically have no chance.
Need to break out the 42 inch bats. :LOL:

Srsly, though, those were bad...b.a.d. BAD calls.