Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (@ 49ers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
House money.

We can all agree this team is playing with house money right now. Going 0-4 against the NFC South(?!?), needing the Lions (The Lions?!?!?) to beat the 4 game winning streak Packers and Lord Rodgers in Lambeau in cold January?

Yet here we are. Blessed with a ticket to the dance thanks to the Lions. The line is currently -10. Ouch. The current prediction is the 49ers have a 77% chance of winning. I can go on and on. At the end of the day, we get it. The Seahawks are heavy underdogs in this matchup as they should be. The 49ers haven't lost since October. Even with a rookie backup QB they haven't missed a beat. The only really hope I have in this game is that you almost always have to throw out records when it's a division rival.

Both teams know each other like the back of their hands. Yes, the 49ers swept us this year convincingly. But all teams in the playoffs are 0-0 right now. If the Lions can beat the Packers in Lambeau, why can't the Seahawks beat the 49ers?

In truth, this is a tall order and I personally think it would be one for the record books if we can pull out the miracle this Saturday. I pray it happens, but I doubt it will. It's been a hell of a season Hawks, no matter what the outcome Saturday, the future looks fantastically bright.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 20 - 49ers 28

Aros' Fearless Record: 12-5

HawkFreak

Reaction score
The 9ers are one of the best teams in the NFL right now. The media believes it. The team believes it. They've won 10 in a row. They look unstoppable. They're ascending to the summit without much resistance in sight.

And that's the moment the stumble occurs.
The Hawks are the resistance.

Hawks - 26
9ers - 24

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well, my head says Digits but my heart says Hawks.

The 9ers beat the Hawks twice convincingly and they may think they have our number which is funny because until recently our team has owned them at their house.

Frankly there is little they can do that our team hasn’t seen before but their strength is our weakness and we will watch them try to run us over. If our guys play gap sound run D and tackle well it is going to be a closer game than a predicted 10 point spread. I’d be taking the points.

If it is kept close early by the Hawks they have a better shot than predicted and could just shock the world. I predict a relatively physical game and a low scoring game.

My homer pick (I won’t pick against my team anymore) 26- 24 Seahawks pull off the upset. Not a person in the world would be surprised if the Hawks got pounded but I doubt it happens.

House money for sure.

audioeffects

Reaction score
Highs in the low 50s and 80 percent chance of rain. Sounds just like Seattle’s kind of playoff game.

Winning this game is so Pete Carroll, So Pete Carroll!

Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Hawks have some fun.

Seahawks 23 - 49ers 20

Aircrew

Reaction score
While I can't argue with your logic, Aros, I have the same funny feeling I did back in 2010 before we played the Saints in Seattle after winning our division at 7-9. All the pressure is on SanFran, they're suppose to win and our Seahawks are playing with house money and they young guys don't know what the don't know. So, here's my prediction:

Hawks 27
49ers 20

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
BROCK PURDY.

MR. Irrelevent himself about to live up to his draft position.

That being said, I think the Ninnies coaching will put together an effective offensive gameplan to makeup for their corny QB, but it won't be good enough. Walker's gonna struggle but Geno will take over early on. Expect a BIG game from Lockett, Parkinson and Fant.

Purdy throws for under 150 yards, Niners pick it up with 180 on the ground. Defense makes enough stops and a couple of takeaways.

But GENO'S throwing for 350.

SEAHAWKS 28
NINERS 21

5-0.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
The rookie Purdy is due for a fall, and this game will be it. Seahawk defense has been playing much better of late. Seahawk offense will come to play big time. Walker will run the ball well. Geno will continue with his terrific pass completion percentage. Oh, and it's very hard for a team to sweep another team three times in one season.

Seahawks win.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Firstly, I freaking hate the niners. But that doesn't change the fact they are probably one of 3-4 teams that could win it all. Like many have mentioned before, they beat Seattle so convincingly in Seattle which leads me to believe they won't have too hard of a time doing it again.

But here we are.

If there's a team that could be able to go out and not give a shit who San Francisco
Is ...it would be Pete Carroll and the Seahawks. Our team . I have a feeling Pete is going to have these dudes ready to get down and surprise the rest of the league.

Seattle plays tough and shows what is on the horizon but lose a close one .

SEA 21
SF 26

I quit keeping track weeks ago

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
As much as I believe the 49ers are just a better overall team on both sides of the ball?

Pete Carroll will find a way to keep it close.

49ers- 30

Seahawks 17

WarHawks

Reaction score
I just have a feeling about this one. Hawks 24-21 in ot

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Having your rebuilding team face a loaded divisional rival in the playoffs, unbelievable.

Knowing your team has 10 picks in the 2023 draft with 3 in the first 37 and they only have 5 starting in round 3, priceless.

Last edited: