Any word on Darrell Taylor

PNW

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any updates? It’s pretty frustrating he hasn’t played a single snap so far this year. I would love to see him at least gaining experience in some capacity.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Red shirt season. Not sure why you are frustrated. Did you really thing a rookie that had no training camp was ever going to contribute?

I think if he doesn't play we keep an extra year of control on him so that's a win in my book.

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
Not if he never plays football ever again. That is what its looking like we may be dealing with. Something is wrong if he is going to other doctors for another opinion. The surgery he had was major, the kind of major where there is a good chance he may never be able to move well enough to play in the league. Unfortunately I think that is what is going on here, and why we aren't getting any updates.

toffee

Reaction score
John took a huge risk on him, it is not looking good at this point.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

W

Welshers

There is a very real possibility he never plays a snap in the NFL. Real pity we may have wasted a second round pick on him. Everyone knew he was hurt which is why he fell so low, it was a high reward high risk type of thing. Maybe JS made a mistake. It happens. Or maybe he beats the odds and comes back and gives us the 1st round potential that he has, because I think that's what he was; a first rounder who fell to the second round because of an injury, and PS and PC were hoping they could get a steal. If Alex Smith can come back, anyone can.

massari

Reaction score
Some team execs thought Taylor might go undrafted because teams were unable to get medical evaluations on his major injury due to COVID.

The Seahawks then used a 2nd+3rd round picks on him.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Just go look at his Instagram page. Not a single picture about football - and he doesn't even have Seahawks (or NFL) in his Bio. That's kinda weird, no? You would never know he was an NFL player.

Also, the way Pete has handled this whole thing is really weird and eerily similar to the redirects and lack of viable information we got about Malik McDowell. It's been 8 months since the draft and we still don't have any credible info on what exactly is going on except soft Darrell doesn't feel good about his little leg and he is supposedly getting injections.

B.S.

I don't see any fire or excitement about playing. He also looks tiny and nowhere near football shape, especially for a guy who is supposedly 6'4" 270.

Oh well, he got his money. I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays a down.

Another awesome wasted high draft pick. Well done, John!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure that is fair.

This team takes risks on high upside players.

Metcalf was a injury risk too. Look at his college numbers. The reason his production was so low was he was shut down early. We are OK with that because he turned out spectacular.

But you cannot be OK with the Metcalf pick and then gripe about the Taylor pick.

We went for upside. You know you swing 3 times for the fences, you are probably going to get a home run but even the best home run hitters miss more than they hit.

It would be great to be pleasantly surprised, but we got the big win from the draft. Expecting to swing for the fences and hit home runs regularly is nonsensical.

Taylor making the team as a contributor would be great. I am not expecting it. But I'm OK with it because the same process brought us Metcalf. We would have never been able to get a player the caliber of Metcalf otherwise.

W

Welshers

FlyingGreg":d0yk32iy said:
Just go look at his Instagram page. Not a single picture about football - and he doesn't even have Seahawks (or NFL) in his Bio. That's kinda weird, no? You would never know he was an NFL player.

Also, the way Pete has handled this whole thing is really weird and eerily similar to the redirects and lack of viable information we got about Malik McDowell. It's been 8 months since the draft and we still don't have any credible info on what exactly is going on except soft Darrell doesn't feel good about his little leg and he is supposedly getting injections.

B.S.

I don't see any fire or excitement about playing. He also looks tiny and nowhere near football shape, especially for a guy who is supposedly 6'4" 270.

Another awesome wasted 1st round pick. Well done, John!
He was picked in the 2nd rd not first. Doesnt make it much better. Also I wouldn't read too much into social media. And you have no clue how bad his injury is he got a rod in there I wouldn't be calling anyone soft. Especially not a beast like him. Id like to see you deal with that type of injury and have doctods tell you if you play you coild never walk again. Yeah so soft

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why am I not shocked to see someone blasting JS? So, now all the sudden this is a crap pick, and we know this already? :?
If he's playing next year and contributing, how many will actually give the kid credit? It just never ends on here...…..

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":12ab0vx5 said:

B.S.

This isn't even fairly evaluating JS here either. You're zeroing in on a high pick that so far hasn't panned out due to a major injury. Even if he doesn't play a snap in the NFL this was still a great draft.

1st Round: Jordan Brooks who's has been contributing and getting better every week. No "splashy" plays but good solid football with 100% effort and always near or involved in the play.

2nd Round: Taylor who youre griping about. Hes a 1st round talent. If I remember correctly he was expected to be a top 15 player before the injury. High Risk/High Reward pick.

3rd Round: Damien Lewis our beast of a right guard who also started a game at center which he didn't play since high school.

4th round: Colby Parkinson - Hasn't done much because he's 4th in depth

4th Round: Deejay Dallas - Has contributed and done ok filling in when Hyde and Carson were injured.

5th round: Alton Robinson - 1 of the 2 DE we had who could get pressure on the QB in the 1st half of the season.

6th Round: Freddie Swain - Not in the game often but has been reliable whenever he is including a TD last week.

7th round: Stephen Sullivan - Converted to DE and injured. Not enough info on him yet.

Id say in this draft class that JS swung for the fence in the first 3 rnds. He hit on 2 of 3 so far. They are both starters from day 1 this year. Plus every other pick has contributed this season Overall this is a great draft for JS and PC. So if Taylor can play and comes in as a force that's 3 for 3! If not thats still 2/3 with high picks and all lower picks contributing. Look at the bigger picture and not just at what you don't like because you're on the fire Pete/JS train rn.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Welshers":1if2u06z said:
FlyingGreg":1if2u06z said:

B.S.

He was picked in the 2nd rd not first. Doesnt make it much better. Also I wouldn't read too much into social media. And you have no clue how bad his injury is he got a rod in there I wouldn't be calling anyone soft. Especially not a beast like him. Id like to see you deal with that type of injury and have doctods tell you if you play you coild never walk again. Yeah so soft

Ok, I changed it to "high draft pick". And still a bad one.

I said what I said.. dude looks to have no fire.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Aiunahthar":67aka6vl said:
FlyingGreg":67aka6vl said:

B.S.

This isn't even fairly evaluating JS here either. You're zeroing in on a high pick that so far hasn't panned out due to a major injury. Even if he doesn't play a snap in the NFL this was still a great draft.

1st Round: Jordan Brooks who's has been contributing and getting better every week. No "splashy" plays but good solid football with 100% effort and always near or involved in the play.

2nd Round: Taylor who youre griping about. Hes a 1st round talent. If I remember correctly he was expected to be a top 15 player before the injury. High Risk/High Reward pick.

3rd Round: Damien Lewis our beast of a right guard who also started a game at center which he didn't play since high school.

4th round: Colby Parkinson - Hasn't done much because he's 4th in depth

4th Round: Deejay Dallas - Has contributed and done ok filling in when Hyde and Carson were injured.

5th round: Alton Robinson - 1 of the 2 DE we had who could get pressure on the QB in the 1st half of the season.

6th Round: Freddie Swain - Not in the game often but has been reliable whenever he is including a TD last week.

7th round: Stephen Sullivan - Converted to DE and injured. Not enough info on him yet.

Id say in this draft class that JS swung for the fence in the first 3 rnds. He hit on 2 of 3 so far. They are both starters from day 1 this year. Plus every other pick has contributed this season Overall this is a great draft for JS and PC. So if Taylor can play and comes in as a force that's 3 for 3! If not thats still 2/3 with high picks and all lower picks contributing. Look at the bigger picture and not just at what you don't like because you're on the fire Pete/JS train rn.

Where did I say fire Pete/JS? That's a dumb comment.

I zeroed on ANOTHER high draft pick they missed. It isn't new. This isn't about the rest of their picks, it's about Darrell Taylor and his lingering leg issues we know nothing about. Why did they draft him without thoroughly checking him out?

Get their junk out of your mouth - they are not immune to criticism.

PS It's Jordyn Brooks. Learn the team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, you already made up your mind. This is basically Malik bad in your eyes. That's fine. I'll go ahead and wait to actually see what happens before I just decide this is a crap draft pick. All in how you look at it.
Just looks like a typical dot negative jump to conclusions to me.
Oh well, hopefully he comes in next year and proves people wrong. We need the pass rush.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
2 weeks ago Pete thought Taylor was on the verge of participating in practice. But before dumping him in for contact he elected to see some other doctors for approval of his plans. No word yet (that we know of) on how those reports came back.
So we are all just operating on conjecture.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor isn't Malik McDowell.

It's frustrating thus far, for sure; but that is not a fair comparison.

Judging the dude by social media posts? Really? C'mon, Greg. Don't be a millennial. :lol:

LTH

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor is an interesting one... from my perspective the Hawks took a chance on him supposedly Taylors progress was held up due to the covid thing... ok well... I am a little disappointed he is not back..doesn't mean from what Carroll said that he won't be bac, but it sounds like the window is closing...Carroll said he won't know till the end of the week so I'm not going to close the door on it... it's better to remain optimistic about it that's the way I see it..

If for some reason it doesn't pan out for this year doesn't mean next year is out of the question... if they can get a legit talent but have to wait a year thats ok with me... what has been said that makes you guys think taylor might be a bust? I haven't heard anything...

LTH

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Comments from Pete today when asked about Taylor...

"We're really running out of time," Carroll responded. "Next week is really the last shot for us to get a chance [for him to practice]. He'll have to jump out then. I don't mean to give you any hope at this point other than we just gotta wait and see," Carroll said. "But it's not too late. Fortunately, we might have some more games to play. We'd love to have him available."