Any news on Christian Haynes?

toffee

Reaction score
Any latest news on our prized draftee? He was billed as the best guard in this draft but has been quiet since OTA. The latest that I have read, he was practicing with second team as RG.

Anything new on Haynes!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Any latest news on our prized draftee? He was billed as the best guard in this draft but has been quiet since OTA. The latest that I have read, he was practicing with second team as RG.

Anything new on Haynes!
Now that we're in the dark days of offseason no news is good news. We'll be getting plenty once TC begins.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
C'mon guys, the minimum we can expect of a drafted offensive lineman in the first three months after the draft is that he must so thoroughly dominate the team's defenders in the few spring practices, all without pads, and set so many records in the weight room during OTAs and minicamp, that there are national headlines about him through the players' break between the mandatory minicamp and training camp. No headlines? Cut the chump. Wasted pick!

@toffee, you contribute so much to the conversation around here, and that's how I know you weren't trolling, but can you see how this thread could look to a Seahawks fan who doesn't know you're not a troll?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
why would there be news?
Hopefully not because our guys like visiting massage parlors or late night clubs! Otherwise all the "news" is the stuff made up by wannabe reporters that is posted on MSN and Google news feeds, except for what we get off the police blotter. "Proposed Trade", anything Russ, etc.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Best news was…. “Earn it, kid”. Hand outs are over. Once pads are on and hitting is allowed he should be fine. But, he better bring his A game.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
@toffee, you contribute so much to the conversation around here, and that's how I know you weren't trolling, but can you see how this thread could look to a Seahawks fan who doesn't know you're not a troll?
No worries, I was called names worse than troll when I started thread advocating to trade Russell Wilson in 2020 and 2021, or when I began posting Geno's stats as Wilson's sub in 2021 asking 12s to get Geno a chance. My threads and posts about trading Lockett weren't popular either. So all good.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Now that we're in the dark days of offseason no news is good news. We'll be getting plenty once TC begins.
News or noise normally comes from a few possibilities:

1. The team, front office, or coaches talking a player up. Didn't happen here.
2. The player himself or his friends on X or whatnot. Our boy seems to be strong silent type.
3. The media, when they notice something newsworthy, quite a few local media types attend OTA. Our boy didn't catch their eyes?

So far all I have read was how he practiced with the second team as a RG.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
On a side note, this might be common knowledge, but I don't recall it being discussed on here that Haynes' coach at UConn was none other than our own beloved Jim "we need more dirt-bags" Mora Jr.

His influence comes full-circle.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-03 7.05.01 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-03 7.05.01 AM.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-07-03 7.07.00 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-03 7.07.00 AM.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 0

HawkoTuesday

Reaction score

Anything new on Haynes!
This is usually the time you spend with your loved ones and/or learning the playbook and getting into the best shape in the time alloted. Training camp is only 3 weeks away.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
News or noise normally comes from a few possibilities:

1. The team, front office, or coaches talking a player up. Didn't happen here.
2. The player himself or his friends on X or whatnot. Our boy seems to be strong silent type.
3. The media, when they notice something newsworthy, quite a few local media types attend OTA. Our boy didn't catch their eyes?

So far all I have read was how he practiced with the second team as a RG.
I really enjoyed reading his bio including his plans for the future. Apparently likes to cook and wants to open a restaurant.