4 Horse Race In The NFC?

dogorama

Reaction score
hawker84":lqxzqxhh said:
Never said they'll be just as good, I said Hill will be just fine if they implement the right scheme. Vikings weren't winning anything this year anyways. They still could be a playoff team with a vet like Hill, just off the strength of their defense.

I disagree that they weren't going anywhere, lots of publications had them going 11-5 and some, winning their division again. They are getting better every year and this was supposed to be the year Teddy came into his own. With that defense, the best running back in the league, and an improving 65% passer the potential was definitely there. Who knows though, you may end up being right.

hawker84

Reaction score
dogorama":5kolz7hz said:
hawker84":5kolz7hz said:
Never said they'll be just as good, I said Hill will be just fine if they implement the right scheme. Vikings weren't winning anything this year anyways. They still could be a playoff team with a vet like Hill, just off the strength of their defense.

I disagree that they weren't going anywhere, lots of publications had them going 11-5 and some, winning their division again. They are getting better every year and this was supposed to be the year Teddy came into his own. With that defense, the best running back in the league, and an improving 65% passer the potential was definitely there. Who knows though, you may end up being right.

NFC is one heck of a tough road to plow. Seattle, GB, CAR, AZ, Skins. Was Bridgewater ready to take it to the next level and take on the big boys in order to get to the show? Anything's possible.... I just don't think it's a huge drop off from Bridgewater to Hill at this particular time. JMO... Few more picks for Hill but just as productive.

Shawn Hill (2014 - 8 games started)
Att: 229
Comp: 145
Comp %: 63.3%
YPA: 7.2
Yards: 1,657
TD: 8
INT: 7

Teddy Bridgewater (2015 - 16 games started)
Att: 447
Comp: 292
Comp %: 65.3%
Yards: 3,231
TD: 14
INT: 9

dogorama

Reaction score
hawker84":3dtwemnt said:
dogorama":3dtwemnt said:
hawker84":3dtwemnt said:

NFC is one heck of a tough road to plow. Seattle, GB, CAR, AZ, Skins. Was Bridgewater ready to take it to the next level and take on the big boys in order to get to the show? Anything's possible.... I just don't think it's a huge drop off from Bridgewater to Hill at this particular time. JMO... Few more picks for Hill but just as productive.

Shawn Hill (2014 - 8 games started)
Att: 229
Comp: 145
Comp %: 63.3%
Yards: 1,657
TD: 8
INT: 7

Teddy Bridgewater (2015 - 16 games started)
Att: 447
Comp: 292
Comp %: 65.3%
Yards: 3,231
TD: 14
INT: 9

These stats you are referencing are from his 7-game stretch with St. Louis, not exactly a valid comparison. The Professor said today on the radio that he had serious doubts he could even finish a 16-game season and that Minne was actively looking for a QB.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hill has half the numbers in half a season as Bridgewater had in a sesson. Had hill played a full season, his numbers would have been as good or better than Bridgewater other than the picks. Just trying to show there is no real seperation between each quarterback at this stage of the game. (Production wise)

You seem to think they're going to take a big step back without Bridgewater , I don't think that step back will be that noticeable. Again just my opinion.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I think the NFC will be more competitive this year.

I am not counting the Vikings out. They still have an elite RB, a top defense and a very good coach. I think they still have a chance to challenge for that division.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":3g322tuj said:
It sure looks that way on paper.
The Packers schedule is an absolute joke - and it just got a lot easier.
If I had to guess right now I would pencil them in for one of the top spots.
Of course things change - but sure looks that way now.

How bout the Cardinals? Now they get to play the Patriots without Brady and the Vikings without Bridgewater.

The Breh

Reaction score
Aros":1jrjsl5c said:
I am convinced the Panthers blew their load last year and won't see the top 3 seeds. Cardinals are the team for us to beat this year. Hopefully no splits but a sweep. We need to win our division this season flat out.

What my heart says:

Seahawks #1 Seed
Packers #2 Seed
Cardinals #3 Seed
Panthers #4 Seed

What my brain says:

Packers #1 Seed
Seahawks #2 Seed
Cardinals #3 Seed
Panthers #4 Seed

That isn't even possible :eek:
NFC East gets a top seed
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs get the 2nd wildcard.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ig4kn42 said:
iigakusei":3ig4kn42 said:
It sure looks that way on paper.
The Packers schedule is an absolute joke - and it just got a lot easier.
If I had to guess right now I would pencil them in for one of the top spots.
Of course things change - but sure looks that way now.

How bout the Cardinals? Now they get to play the Patriots without Brady and the Vikings without Bridgewater.
Garapolo (sp) isn't bad he should go 2-2 at worst and Shaun Hill isn't so big of a drop off as to scuttle the Vikings playoff chances. They are plenty good enough in every other area still be a serious threat.