Height: 6’ 3’’

Weight: 254 lbs

Arm: 34 1/2’’

Hand: 10’’

40-Yard Dash: 4.55 Seconds

10-Yard Split: 1.59 Seconds

Vertical Jump: 33.5’’

Broad Jump: 10’ 7’’

He was named second-team All-SEC in 2021 after leading Auburn with 12.5 tackles for loss, including nine sacks among his 52 total tackles (also forcing two fumbles) in 13 starts.

Hall led Auburn with 12 tackles for loss and seven sacks his senior season, recording 60 total tackles, intercepting a pass and forcing two fumbles in 12 starts to garner first-team all-conference accolades.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sources Tell Us

“He’s tight-limbed and he’s more segmented than you want but he’s tougher than s--- and he’s going to be a great fit in a locker room.” -- Area scout for AFC team

Seems like a solid pick. Taylor, Mafe now Hall on the Edge.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Solid pickup. Dude was first team all SEC and runs a 4.5 at 254 pounds

renofox

Reaction score
3-4 EDGE

Very strong power rusher (possibly elite) who needs to develop more moves

Not great against the run

Horrible in space/coverage

Edit: Should quickly develop into a very good pass rusher, but will need lots of work to be an every-down player. Kind of like Darrell Taylor, but higher ceiling as a pass rusher, imo.

Last edited:

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
I was absolutely expecting an EDGE with this pick, but I truthfully thought it would be Keion White!

Hall is an excellent and very, very versatile EDGE. He was a standout stud on a fairly poorly coached Auburn team.

Comfortable with his hand in the dirt and as an on-ball LB. An excellent pick for the further hybridization of our defense!!

ivotuk

Reaction score
From Rob Staton at Seahawks Draft Blog:

#37 Seattle — Derick Hall (EDGE, Auburn)

The Seahawks didn’t waste any time making their pick. They take Derick Hall, the top remaining edge rusher on my board.

I had him with a high second round pick so this fits. He is an alpha dog and an absolute culture-setter. This fits perfectly what they have been saying, and

I have been constantly repeating, that character is king. He also ran a 1.55 10-yard split and a 4.20 short shuttle. He has long arms.

These are ‘Seahawk’ traits and a ‘Seahawk’ personality. Big fan of the pick. Seattle is finally loaded at the edge.

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
Extremely raw pass rusher, but he has traits/upside to be very good. I would have rather traded up to get OLB/DE Will McDonald than drafting another raw pass rusher.
From #20 to #14 so we could snake him from the Jets? I dunno how I would have felt about that.

Chevy

Reaction score
From #20 to #14 so we could snake him from the Jets? I dunno how I would have felt about that.
It would have cost us a 2nd round pick probably. So would have gotten the best pass rusher, probably going to be a double digit sack guy instead of a very good 3rd WR and maybe 6-8 sack pass rusher that brings a tough attitude to the defense. I'd prefer the primer pass rusher in Will McDonald.