2nd Round #37 Pick DE/OLB Auburn, Derick Hall

oasis

Reaction score
Feels like a Bruce Irvin/Frank Clark reliance on sheer motor/ SPARQ talent/pull your ears back kid.

GemCity

Reaction score
He is long *ahem* and fast. Digging this!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Until the team actually announces the D scheme change we need to assume they’ll run a 3-4.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Pre-combine I loved Hall and questioned to myself if he could be molded into a middle linebacker. He has that classic Mike toughness and the size and fire in his eyes to dominate.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I had him down as OLB but didn't expect him to be the one we picked. I liked the guy from Arkansas. I like the way Hall can play either position. I hear he's very coachable, so Bobby will get him lined out. I sure like that we have an able body to, at worst, back up the guys we already have.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't understand how posters can say "A bit early" as if John and Pete don't know what they are doing. I guess all of the Professional Draft Evaluators that work for NFL.com, etc, aren't to be trusted either.

By Lance Zierlein NFL Analyst
Draft Projection: Round 2
NFL Comparison: Carl Lawson

Chevy

Reaction score
Here are a couple of videos of Hall that I recommend watching. You can see that he doesn't take anything for granted. He appreciates and takes pride in being voted a season long team captain. You can see him also talking smack (in a fun way) to players from other schools when he was preparing for the combine. His competitivness also shows big time. Amazing lockerroom/team captain player. I also have to say I like his bend around the arc. I though he was more linear, but he looks to have good agility. I like his bend around the arc and his non-stop motor better than Alabama LB Will Anderson.

bileever

Reaction score
As I posted in the draft day thread, Derrick Hall was ranked fairly high on many people's big boards. Pro Football Network had him at #38 and CBS Sports had him at #39. Nfl.com had him graded above Ojulari and Foskey, two players that many on this board think we should have taken instead of Hall.

Of course, there were people who had him ranked lower, such as Fox Sports, who had him at #48 on their big board and Walter Football who had him at #59. And PFF had him very low at #87 on their big board.

Maybe there was no clear consensus on Hall, but if the Seahawks had passed on him at #37, he might not have been around at #50.

Chevy

Reaction score
As I posted in the draft day thread, Derrick Hall was ranked fairly high on many people's big boards. Pro Football Network had him at #38 and CBS Sports had him at #39. Nfl.com had him graded above Ojulari and Foskey, two players that many on this board think we should have taken instead of Hall.

Of course, there were people who had him ranked lower, such as Fox Sports, who had him at #48 on their big board and Walter Football who had him at #59. And PFF had him very low at #87 on their big board.

Maybe there was no clear consensus on Hall, but if the Seahawks had passed on him at #37, he might not have been around at #50.
He was a great pick of the remaining pass rushers. And better IMO than a few drafted ahead of him.

I don't mind if some fans think this was a bit of a reach. A lot of prospect rankings are not spot on leading up to the draft.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Here are a couple of videos of Hall that I recommend watching. You can see that he doesn't take anything for granted. He appreciates and takes pride in being voted a season long team captain. You can see him also talking smack (in a fun way) to players from other schools when he was preparing for the combine. His competitivness also shows big time. Amazing lockerroom/team captain player. I also have to say I like his bend around the arc. I though he was more linear, but he looks to have good agility. I like his bend around the arc and his non-stop motor better than Alabama LB Will Anderson.

Loved watching these, thanks for sharing.

Man, this guy is going to be easy to root for. The only downside of watching those was knowing the Rams picked up Byron Young, guy is a great pick up for them.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
It would have cost us a 2nd round pick probably. So would have gotten the best pass rusher, probably going to be a double digit sack guy instead of a very good 3rd WR and maybe 6-8 sack pass rusher that brings a tough attitude to the defense. I'd prefer the primer pass rusher in Will McDonald.
IMO the Jets taking McDonald was a last minute plan B after Pitt traded up with NE for Broderick Jones it was unavoidable