2023 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tanner Muse will become an UFA as he was not tendered

Jville

Reaction score
Missed the Myles Adams announcement. He is due to break out ....................

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

Interestingly OTC.com says Mike Jackson and and Myles Adams were signed to Futures contracts. Rhattigan's tender was announced yesterday.

Regardless of how they were signed they will now be added to the roster.

Updated.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score

As you should ................ (y)

"Keeping an ERFA is simple for NFL teams. All they have to do is extend a qualifying offer to the player, and he will be unable to negotiate with other teams. A “qualifying offer” is a one-year contract at the league minimum salary based on the player’s experience level.

If an exclusive rights free agent is given a qualifying offer, he has no recourse other than to play for his current team. His only other option would be not to play football." https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...agent-and-how-do-they-affect-nfl-free-agency/

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yes for sure which is why I indicated on page 1 that each of these players should be considered re-signed. One I'm quite curious about is 34- Godwin Igwebuike, who played very well on ST returning last season. I'm surprised he has not been tendered but it is early yet.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yes for sure which is why I indicated on page 1 that each of these players should be considered re-signed. One I'm quite curious about is 34- Godwin Igwebuike, who played very well on ST returning last season. I'm surprised he has not been tendered but it is early yet.

I could be mistaken, but as I understand it, the deadline to tender RFA and EFRA players (Godwin Igwebuike is an EFRA) was yesterday. They are now considered Free Agents. Of course they can still sign them, but they will be doing so as free agents which allows them a bit of flexibility in how they work the contract.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Kidhawk very likely you are right, as ever, did think Igwebuike has earned roster spot with his play last season.

Clearly JS is want to be going into the draft with no must pick positions allowing the team to wheel and deal and pick the players they think are best when they pick.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

I understand the deal is for 1 Year $ 4 million with incentives that could reach $7.5 million

Updating.

Jville

Reaction score
Affirmative.

Those are the numbers reported.

His assigned cap number has yet to be reported.

skater18000

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

I understand the deal is for 1 Year $ 4 million with incentives that could reach $7.5 million

Updating.
Really curious how much of salary is guaranteed.
This really determines everything.

If it's 1 million or less (25 percent) then cutting him in favor of a potential rookie QB that we may still plan on drafting would make sense/be feasible.

If most of his salary is guaranteed like a lot of one year deals tend to be, decreases our chances of:

- Drafting a QB this year

- Cut Drew Lock before the season starts to clear cap space for others players including but not limited to a rookie QB

If Drew Lock's salary is fully guaranteed, (which I doubt/think is least likely of the previous) then there's basically no chance of him being released and we wouldn't be drafting a QB unless the perfect opportunity fell right into our lap and we would then be rostering 3 QBs (uncommon these days).

Off chance we do draft a QB very late that we like and we try to sneak him onto practice squad

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The Seahawks have reached a deal with former Lions C - Evan Brown as per NFL insider Tom Pelissaro.

1 Yr./terms u/k.

This is a good addition, he's a versatile player plays both C & G.

Terms look great for the Seahawks.

Per Overthecap.com and Spotrac.com, It's a $1M signing bonus, and that's the only fully guaranteed money on the deal. The mini-spreadsheets on both sites say he's got a $1.25M salary. There are multiple people reporting that there are incentives on top of this (some say $0.5M, some say $1M), but they must be NLTBE, because both Overthecap and Spotrac have Brown's cap number at $2.25M.
There are some slight inconsistencies on OTC's page about Brown. The text at the bottom says he got $600,000 in guarantees, but if he's got a $1M signing bonus, he's got at least $1M fully guaranteed. Also, the text at the bottom says it's a $1.025M salary (not the $1.25M in the mini-spreadsheet on the same page) and that the contract is worth up to $3.025M.

I wrote to OTC to ask about these things.

EDITED to update: Jason from OTC already wrote back (in less than 40 minutes, during one of the busiest times of the year for OTC!) and said there has been a back-end issue there that is keeping the text from updating, and that he'll check if that's what the issue is, or if it's something else.

Last edited:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Color me surprised our FO has been this active during free agency this year, including signing both our QBs. I thought with all our draft capital we were set up for a bunch of new faces from the college ranks. Now it looks like they may be planning on a strange splash move in the draft. If that is true I hope it is a trade of picks that return a high pick in the 024 draft.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has reached a deal with ILB- Devin Bush who was until recently with the Steelers. Terms as yet u/k.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Appy I truly think they are just making sure they don’t go into the draft forced to reach for any position and can just move around as needed to get the guys they want. I’m doubtful he will do much trading up.

JS is good at draft trading around to get the players he wants. Depending on who is there he could move with quite a few of his pick to acquire as many as 14 players in the draft. That said though you could be right and he’ll make an off script splash trade up to take a desired player.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score

Seahawks signed S Julian Love, formerly of the Giants, to a two-year, $12 million contract.​

There were reported extension talks between love and the Giants last week, but the versatile safety met the Seahawks yesterday and reached an agreement within a day. The former fourth-round pick made occasional starts for three seasons before taking over the starting gig full-time in 2022. Unsurprisingly, he set career highs in a number of stats including interceptions (two), sacks (one), and TFLs (six). Love played on nearly every defensive snap for New York last year and tallied 124 tackles.

This could indicate that the team may be willing to move on from FS- Quandre Diggs or are to be requiring him to redo his deal with the team.

Last edited:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Appy I truly think they are just making sure they don’t go into the draft forced to reach for any position and can just move around as needed to get the guys they want. I’m doubtful he will do much trading up.

JS is good at draft trading around to get the players he wants. Depending on who is there he could move with quite a few of his pick to acquire as many as 14 players in the draft. That said though you could be right and he’ll make an off script splash trade up to take a desired player.
I had no intent or desire for them to trade to move up THIS year. I want us to have a high pick spot available next year. In terms of draft quantity I would much rather select a few good players than a lot of cutters.