2016 Present Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Current Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has made two roster moves:

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/07/29 ... oster-move

OT- Lene Maiava is waived, WR- Montario Foster is added. Foster appeared in 9 games last season for the Elizabeth City State University Div 2 Vikings.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maiava back later in some capacity; front page updated.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The Seahawks.Com article is a little confusing. Foster's school was the 'Vikings'. He hasn't actually played for the NFL Vikings.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks John I just noticed that myself and looked at the school's website where I got this below:

"Hunter went undrafted out of ECSU but went on to spend rookie mini camp with the New York Jets. He played three seasons with the Vikings, his best coming in 2015 with 21 receptions for 527 yards and five touchdowns, giving him highest yard-per-catch average (25.1) in country in Division II. Hunter had 16 catches for 377 yards and two scores in 2014"

So instead of being a Minnie castoff he's a undrafted college free agent, coming via the Jets.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
BTW I appreciate being advised where I have made a mistake in posting to this thread, the objective for me is to be informative to the board while attempting to keep a somewhat accurate depth chart with collateral info. I try to post info as quickly as possible after I notice it, and it is easy to get it wrong right off the rattle. There are lots of sharp eyes here and it all helps us know who's who.

If anyone has thoughts regarding the DC please post them as earlier indicated I will go with the consensus view regarding positions.

A

Anonymous

I have a thought...

JammerHawk is a kick-ass .NET poster. Digital high-five for some great stuff.

:2thumbs:
:les:

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So the TC starts with 3 players of the 90 unable to practice, two were expected but the 3rd is a surprise.

RB- Thomas Rawls (PUP)
TE- Jimmy Graham (PUP)

& DT- Sealver Siliga (NFI)

Does anyone know what Siliga's injury is?

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So the TC starts with 3 players of the 90 unable to practice, two were expected but the 3rd is a surprise.

RB- Thomas Rawls (PUP)
TE- Jimmy Graham (PUP)

& DT- Sealver Siliga (NFI) calf

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the hard work Jammer. I have been busy and working on my list of other peoples priorities...er uh....my priorities...and not been on Net for a few days. Gathering wood for the fires this winter is important.

Not to derail the thread, just wanted to let you all know that I heard about 20 elk talking to each other. Also saw some deer and about 8 or so wild turkeys. No, Not bottles of wild turkey...walking talking whistling Wild Turkeys. They whistled after they were about 30 or so feet away in the scrub brush. And they left presents in the driveway to camp....2 large piles of it.

Carry on.....

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
LOL, you sure it wasn 't the Wild Turkey you drink that caused these observations? Or are you saying this thread is akin to the two steaming piles left on the driveway to your camp?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
jammerhawk":pk2n5bnz said:
LOL, you sure it wasn 't the Wild Turkey you drink that caused these observations? Or are you saying this thread is akin to the two steaming piles left on the driveway to your camp?

Not drank Turkey in years. I do once in a while go Canadian with some Crown, but not that often any more. This thread is the stuff we appreciate....even more so than stuff that goes in our garden for MONSTER Tomato plants. If you dont see me post for a couple of days, I am probably lost in my tomato patch. Between my 2 rows of maters, I have some acorn squash. Picked one of them today. Now how to cook and serve it in the heat waves we have now. Hmm..

P.S. We had 2 people preparing to gather wood (chainsaws and gloves)and 3 more joined and heard the chatter too. Mostly Cows talking, but I did hear a couple of bulls try to get a word in edge wise. 3pt or 2x2pt or both were in the area.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As advised by the always studious Jville WR- Tyler Slavin has reverted to IR being unclaimed after he was waived injured.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A few more roster moves. The team has waived LS- Drew Ferris, placed DE- Chris Clemons on res/retired list and signed SS- Keenan Lambert and RB- Cameron Marshall. We had already noted the Clemons deal. Nice to see Lambert back in camp, he has potential.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about RB- Cameron Marshall?

I haven't been able to find much combine info or predraft info on him yet.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/761677848348282880[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, updating now, Husky fans will know something about this player who challenged Kuhn for a job.

Was either Cottom or Shields waived injured or placed on IR?

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With Amosa being signed there is a transaction not yet announced that is unknown as the team is over the number of 90 players. In all likelihood one of the two recent injuries Cottom or Shields is likely to be put on IR or is to be waived injured.

The injury to Cottom is disappointing as he looked to be the next FB and had been reportedly doing very well.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if the team won't try TE- Brandon Williams at FB for a bit as he is amongst the best blocking TEs on the roster? The addition of Amosa gives the team at least one actual FB or at least a player who has played the position in an NFL game. Those Husky fans here should be able to tell us about Amosa.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are now 3 players who appear destined to be headed to IR or to be waived injured: Helfet, Cottom, and Shields. This sucks b/c all three have according to reports been performing well at their positions. Of the three Helfet at least has a shot of being back during regular season if his foot surgery resolves in a timely way.

Latest posts