2014 Seattle Mariners

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Only the Mariners broadcast could miss one pitch of the entire game with technical difficulties and have it be the last pitch of the game.

Edit: But great win!

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
SonicHawk":24hr8qu6 said:
CrimsonWazzu":24hr8qu6 said:
Smelly McUgly":24hr8qu6 said:
The offense ain't gonna cut it, but they really are two starting pitchers away from being an extraordinary pitching team, assuming Taijuan Walker is as good in real life in the majors as he is in my MLB The Show 14 franchise.

It's definitely not good enough. Miller is terrible and everyone else besides Cano has been wildly inconsistent. But....Just saw an interesting stat earlier this morning.

The M's lead the league in WHAV("hard hit" AB's) but are 29th in BABIP(.280). Evaluating Hard-Medium-Soft hits are mostly subjective, but assuming they're relatively accurate, wouldn't that indicate some bad luck on their end? Not complete bad luck, but some, right?

At some point that's got to average out. With the dreckfest of injuries to pitching and the wild inconsistency to down right turd performances from Almonte and Miller, this team hovering around.500 is nothing short of amazing.

I'm so sick of WHAV. It's seriously all I hear about now. At some point the Mariners have just become a WHAV anomaly and we aren't going to follow the trend of being decent at the plate.

So you're basically sick of hearing about something you can't or don't want to understand.

"JUST HIT BETTER!"

bigtrain21

Reaction score
JOz56":2ey8ubs1 said:
Blitzer88":2ey8ubs1 said:
With Hart out for a while, can we please sign Morales now!

Dude's got to want to sign. There is a reason he's still a FA.

Yes and at this point he is about a week and a half from June 1st meaning the team that drafts him doesn't have to give up a 1st round pick to sign him so the market should increase. I wish we could sign him. He would really help out.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2ec2g72z said:
JOz56":2ec2g72z said:
Blitzer88":2ec2g72z said:

Yes and at this point he is about a week and a half from June 1st meaning the team that drafts him doesn't have to give up a 1st round pick to sign him so the market should increase. I wish we could sign him. He would really help out.

Huh? Morales is a free agent...he can sign with any team without that team having to lose draft picks at any time. Never heard of a team having to lose a 1st round pick to sign a free agent.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ahtc2f2 said:
bigtrain21":2ahtc2f2 said:
JOz56":2ahtc2f2 said:
Blitzer88":2ahtc2f2 said:

Huh? Morales is a free agent...he can sign with any team without that team having to lose draft picks at any time. Never heard of a team having to lose a 1st round pick to sign a free agent.

Due to the newer rules on qualifying offers. M's would lose their 1st, and the round would condense. Nobody would get their pick. It seems kind of absurd since he was their player to begin with. Had Morales signed with another team before the deadline, the M's would get that team's 1st rounder.

Here's a solid explanation:
[url=http://www.mlbtraderumors.com...w.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/e ... ffers.html[/url]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Thanks Crimson. I don't follow baseball much except for any top stories. I agree its absurd to lose a draft pick when signing a free agent.

JOz56

Reaction score
hawkfan68":25cuflwc said:
Thanks Crimson. I don't follow baseball much except for any top stories. I agree its absurd to lose a draft pick when signing a free agent.

Yeah, I actually had no idea on this either. That actually explains a lot.

Well, hopefully we can snag him up after that stupid thing passes by.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I wonder if Morales is kicking himself for turning down the Mariners' QO last year. I bet he gets a pro-rated version of what he would have got from the QO at best.

Sad to see that Stephen Drew is gone back to Boston. He would have been a nice upgrade on Brad Miller.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":n3yl92qu said:
I wonder if Morales is kicking himself for turning down the Mariners' QO last year. I bet he gets a pro-rated version of what he would have got from the QO at best.

Sad to see that Stephen Drew is gone back to Boston. He would have been a nice upgrade on Brad Miller.
Too bad about Drew but still we need help..I can't speculate who's available but if we could grab someone through a waiver trade or 2 that hits and plays OF ..It would make a big difference..Morales only helps if we can get rid of Smoak or LoMo and he may not even want to come back...Pitching staff is great and more help is otw..Go Mariners!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":4sottf3i said:
CrimsonWazzu":4sottf3i said:
Due to the newer rules on qualifying offers. M's would lose their 1st, and the round would condense. Nobody would get their pick. It seems kind of absurd since he was their player to begin with. Had Morales signed with another team before the deadline, the M's would get that team's 1st rounder.

Here's a solid explanation:
[url=http://www.mlbtraderumors.com...w.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/e ... ffers.html[/url]
Ms first round pick is protected

Yep, so the Mariners would have to surrender their 2nd selection. After June 1st, no draft picks are involved.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1am0m2fw said:
Felix is so good. That is all

Yes, he certainly is. I love the emotion that he has out on the mound, case in point last night after he started the double play to end the 8th inning. I really hope that we get to see him pitch at home sometime in the playoffs, it would be magical.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
As usual Maurer- the weakest pitcher that has no business in the bigs has us in a good hole..Walker/Pax cannot come back soon enough...

kenwillisssh

Reaction score
mbtitleist":1dou17h4 said:
Hawkfan77":1dou17h4 said:
Felix is so good. That is all

Yes, he certainly is. I love the emotion that he has out on the mound, case in point last night after he started the double play to end the 8th inning. I really hope that we get to see him pitch at home sometime in the playoffs, it would be magical.

In the words of Mora "playoffs, playoffs" It would be nice!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
IndyHawk":aorslquh said:
As usual Maurer- the weakest pitcher that has no business in the bigs has us in a good hole..Walker/Pax cannot come back soon enough...

Lucky for the organization and the fans that Paxton pitched the first game of the double header last evening for the Rainiers and Walker, I believe, pitches Tuesday. Just another week or two.

kenwillisssh

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1ubdpf3s said:
IndyHawk":1ubdpf3s said:

Lucky for the organization and the fans that Paxton pitched the first game of the double header last evening for the Rainiers and Walker, I believe, pitches Tuesday. Just another week or two.

If these two can be anything close to what they are supposed to be would be a thrill. Then again Smoak was supposed to be a ball crusher.

Latest posts