NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick of the expansion talk and to make both cities "whole" again. Such BS. Did the NBA give a rip about Seattle when they took the Sonics to OKC? Nope, Stern threatened the city with never getting the NBA back and our "leaders" caved.

The league is already too big with 30 teams. The talent is diluted and the product as of now is pretty weak. Adding another team (purely from a talent perspective) makes the product even weaker. The league needs to stop messing around and Stern needs to remove himself from this situation quickly. Seattle has by far put together the best offer and the best interest for the league is to NOT expand and to give Seattle the Kings. But that would make too much sense for some like the Sith Lord Stern...

Something better leak today and it better be good news for Seattle. This has gone on long enough and what Stern is doing to Hansen and Ballmer is the sleaziest of sleazy moves.

RealDeal

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1pw7lkog said:
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick of the expansion talk and to make both cities "whole" again. Such BS. Did the NBA give a rip about Seattle when they took the Sonics to OKC? Nope, Stern threatened the city with never getting the NBA back and our "leaders" caved.

The league is already too big with 30 teams. The talent is diluted and the product as of now is pretty weak. Adding another team (purely from a talent perspective) makes the product even weaker. The league needs to stop messing around and Stern needs to remove himself from this situation quickly. Seattle has by far put together the best offer and the best interest for the league is to NOT expand and to give Seattle the Kings. But that would make too much sense for some like the Sith Lord Stern...

Something better leak today and it better be good news for Seattle. This has gone on long enough and what Stern is doing to Hansen and Ballmer is the sleaziest of sleazy moves.

:th2thumbs:

JOz56

Reaction score
I wonder what changed between then and now.

http://nba.si.com/2012/10/26/maloofs-sacramento-kings-seattle-david-stern/?xid=si_nba

Between now and his departure, Stern is determined to get a franchise back into Seattle, league sources said, and has become a strong ally of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer’s group to bring back the NBA there. Ballmer’s group has been trying to get the Maloof family to sell the Sacramento Kings, so that the franchise can eventually play in a new arena in Seattle.

Pstark3

Reaction score
“But our goal here is to keep all of our teams where they are,” Stern said, “but recognizing that that hasn’t been a goal that we have successfully achieved in the past.”

Stern is a damn idiot

Blitzer88

Reaction score
JOz56":218o6bvg said:
I wonder what changed between then and now.

http://nba.si.com/2012/10/26/maloofs-sacramento-kings-seattle-david-stern/?xid=si_nba

Between now and his departure, Stern is determined to get a franchise back into Seattle, league sources said, and has become a strong ally of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer’s group to bring back the NBA there. Ballmer’s group has been trying to get the Maloof family to sell the Sacramento Kings, so that the franchise can eventually play in a new arena in Seattle.

Who knows........it is Stern were talking about.

Sac

Reaction score
Pstark3":j02cwdi6 said:
“But our goal here is to keep all of our teams where they are,” Stern said, “but recognizing that that hasn’t been a goal that we have successfully achieved in the past.”

Stern is a damn wonderful human being

FIFY

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man......lots of articles and narrative being thrown out there making the Seattle group to look like the bully in this whole situation.

JOz56

Reaction score
Blitzer88":13koahi3 said:
Man......lots of articles and narrative being thrown out there making the Seattle group to look like the bully in this whole situation.

Meh. We know first hand the true matter of business. I could care less of what anybody thinks of us at this point.

vedthree

Reaction score
SeaTown81":37wl8yi9 said:
image.jpg
Now saved in my pic folder .... will get plenty of use.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
The NBA conference call is over, they have nothing for the public at this time, no recommendations were made.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Blitzer88":gco5qo26 said:
TheRealDTM":gco5qo26 said:
The NBA conference call is over, they have nothing for the public at this time, no recommendations were made.

I don't like hearing that.

I wouldn't read into it. Lot of work to do...

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Blitzer88":123l2ppo said:
TheRealDTM":123l2ppo said:

Would you have rather heard that they recommended that Sac isn't sold to Hansen?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":63jyv2zg said:
Blitzer88":63jyv2zg said:
TheRealDTM":63jyv2zg said:

Would you have rather heard that they recommended that Sac isn't sold to Hansen?
Exactly, what I read about this conference call was that it was just to recap what's happened since the recommendation. There wasn't supposed to be another vote. Hansen and Sac both get to talk to the BOG before the vote on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.