NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Did you think I might have been referring to the guy who did mention "true fans," and perhaps, not you, who didn't? You know, that post directly above the post where I made that comment?

And good for you on overreacting. You're a strong moral example that I will be sure to have my future children follow. You're taking what I said way too seriously to make an unrelated point.

Stern is not the only guilty party. Our state legislature had a huge hand in it, so did our former owner. If it were all Stern and his cronies, it might be different, but our region played a role in the loss of the Sonics, not the fans, but it's those fans who are going to have to do the making up for it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":jgx9adbv said:
The_Z_Man":jgx9adbv said:
That's not what was said, and stop with the "go choke or go die, or whatever", internet wanna-be tough guy bullshit. It's pathetic.

I actually don't care about the NBA anymore... they lost me as a fan, and I could really give a crap if Seattle never gets a team... I mean, what is the point? Durant is on OKC? That was a once in a lifetime pick... Getting some team from scratch and watching it toil in obscurity for a decade? No thanks.

I don't watch the sport, I don't miss the sport... in fact, I have learned to HATE the sport. I can barely stand watching college ball anymore.

It's like that time when I was 19 years old and drank this bottle of brandy and got violently ill... and puked and puked and puked and puked .... to this day, the smell of brandy ... UGH. I'll never touch the crap again.

I feel that way about the NBA, the whole sport just makes me lose my lunch.

The only interest I have in the NBA is that I hope I can outlive Stern, figure out where he is buried, and piss on his grave.

That's all.

IndyHawk":jgx9adbv said:
That pretty much sums all I have said and felt..If you were a true Sonics fan from way back and see how the game is today..It's this :13:

So this post saying "if you were a true Sonics fan....it's this...." quoting your post in which you say you have no interest in ever seeing a team back, hate the sport, and only want to to piss on Stern's grave is not saying that true Sonics fans never want to see the team come back? Ok. Thanks for the lecture on "internet wanna-be tough guy bullshit" shortly after you talked about urinating on a gravesite. I'm not going to put up with a loser mentality that tells me wanting to get the Sonics back and being active in a community that's trying to make that happen is not being a true fan.

The feeling here, is that the NBA needs to woo Seattle and make up for the wrongs done, not the other way around.

When someone screws you over, you don't bend over for them again and give them what they want - if you go cow-towing to the NBA and whining for a team, they are going to make you pay through the nose, and they are going to give you a 15 loser years that sucks money from the city.

No, what you do is support your other teams and cockblock the NBA, and make them start to realize they are missing a top 10 market entirely - you think this Superbowl run by the Seahawks and the enthusiasm of the fans isn't a giant freaking black eye for the NBA? It makes them look like total FOOLS.

And that's what you gotta keep doing, until they are practically begging to put a team back here. Have some self-respect.

Is that how that works? We're going to get a team by ignoring the idea altogether and playing hard to get? I guess that means scrap the arena plan, created specifically to get the Sonics back and pushed by a grassroots movement of diehard Sonics fans? We wouldn't want to "woo" the NBA. Our chances are a lot better when the only place they have to play is the Key. I don't know what kind of dream scenario you envision in which the NBA comes crying to us while we're standing there with our arms crossed, scoffing as they plead with us to take them back. It's not going to happen that way. The NBA...and the NHL will come to Seattle only because of the work of some really rich dudes who want basketball back in this city and the grassroots efforts of Sonics fans.

This is not the strategy that works:
pickupartist_281x211.jpg
When me and others post our opinions on how we feel, I understand that you may not like it but that doesn't mean we are wrong..We were die hard Sonics fans period..It hurt that it was all schemed away..A dirty lame move by the owner and commish..How is it we should reward that action by begging and paying about a billion dollars in fees for a crummy expansion or relocated team that won't win big for a long time?There is no way on the Seattle end that they should do anything for that watered down and broken business model called the NBA..(RIP) Sonics

pinksheets

Reaction score
Good for you, but don't make statements about what kind of mindset makes someone a "true fan". I'll see you at the games when they come back.

Throwdown

Reaction score
<<< this guy isn't a true fan

Idc how we get a team, whether we take or get handed one, I just want basketball back.

dunceface

Reaction score
STOP FIGHTING YEW GUISE!
We all want the same thing.......wait, do we? I didn't read those really long naggy posts...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":3lpsg5ra said:
Good for you, but don't make statements about what kind of mindset makes someone a "true fan". I'll see you at the games when they come back.
I see that the "true fan" thing got to you..I almost want to do a Sherman ..Sorry for hurting your "feelings"...As for seeing me at a game(s).. :2: The Sonics are not coming back ever..They are the Thunder..

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sherman actually says things with intelligence behind it.

I dunno what the hell was behind the "true sonics fan" thing though, I refuse to believe any type of intelligence was behind that, no one is that ignorant.

chris98251

Reaction score
Since TWO of you can't debate with big boy pants on this thread is being locked, WE DON'T TOLERATE TRUE FAN CARDS HERE NO MATTER THE SPORT, CONSIDER IT A WARNING.

Status
Not open for further replies.