If Seattle loses all games before BYE

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
RiverDog,

Your points are good ones, but WR Bobo was clearly open for a large gain in the middle of the field in the second quarter, possibly for a TD, and Geno Smith elected not to throw. Geno ran out of bounds.

I'm just saying that Drew Lock passes have that straight trajectory that every rifleman loves. Geno Smith doesn't have that arm strength, so Geno wisely pulled out of it.

Quarterbacks need playing time to sharpen their minds. Sort of speed up the decision making process. My gut feeling is that Drew Lock would be the better quarterback given that playing time, with the number ones.

The only way to find out, is to prepare Drew Lock for about 2 weeks, and then put him out there on the field.
Geno has an above average arm by NFL standards. Geno didn’t make that play because he didn’t see Bobo open. We’ve seen Geno Smith make throws that are much more difficult than that one to Bobo.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RiverDog,

Your points are good ones, but WR Bobo was clearly open for a large gain in the middle of the field in the second quarter, possibly for a TD, and Geno Smith elected not to throw. Geno ran out of bounds.

I'm just saying that Drew Lock passes have that straight trajectory that every rifleman loves. Geno Smith doesn't have that arm strength, so Geno wisely pulled out of it.

Quarterbacks need playing time to sharpen their minds. Sort of speed up the decision making process. My gut feeling is that Drew Lock would be the better quarterback given that playing time, with the number ones.

The only way to find out, is to prepare Drew Lock for about 2 weeks, and then put him out there on the field.
I think it's much more likely that Geno just either didn't see it, or saw something I didn't. Geno isn't hurting for arm strength. It isn't a cannon, but he can absolutely sling it if he needs to.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Just think of me as Gwen...I'm just a girl an ordinary American girl.
Nice to meet you, Gwen. I don't think of you as ordinary, with regard to both your looks and football knowledge. IMO you have a very thorough understanding of the sport and can go toe to toe with any male on the subject.

Anyway, enough blowing smoke up each other's tail. I actually enjoy all the posters in here and although I can get cranky from time to time, especially after losing to the Rams, I don't have a personal issue with any of them.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
It's not about a talent deficiency it's all about the organization and the coaches and said philosophy and actual coach

There aren't very many college coaches who have found success in the NFL. Pete is one of the few. Just recently, Matt Rhule, Kliff Kingsbury, and Urban Meyer are former college HC's and all got fired within a short period of time. If we do make a coaching change, I'd rather go with a good OC, someone like Eric Bieniemy or Brian Callahan.

There aren't very many college coaches who have found success in the NFL. Pete is one of the few. Just recently, Matt Rhule, Kliff Kingsbury, and Urban Meyer are former college HC's and all got fired within a short period of time. If we do make a coaching change, I'd rather go with a good OC, someone like Eric Bieniemy or Brian Callahan.
"There aren't very many college coaches that have found successes in the NFL."

Then where do you think successful NFL coaches come from?

You have piqued my curiosity...

RiverDog

Reaction score
Geno has an above average arm by NFL standards. Geno didn’t make that play because he didn’t see Bobo open. We’ve seen Geno Smith make throws that are much more difficult than that one to Bobo.
Geno's problem, like most NFL quarterbacks, is his
"There aren't very many college coaches that have found successes in the NFL."

Then where do you think successful NFL coaches come from?

You have piqued my curiosity...
Most work their way up through the NFL ranks, first as a position coach, OC or DC coordinator, then head coach.

Sean McVay is a good example. McVay never spent a day coaching at the college level and was a position coach and offensive coordinator for the Redskins. Same with Mike Shannahan, who was a position coach/offensive coordinator for 6 different NFL teams while never setting foot on a college football field as a coach.

Dan Campbell, Sean McDermott, Mike McDaniel, Nick Sirianni, the list goes on and on, all had very limited if any college coaching experience and worked their way up as assistant NFL coaches.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I got a seahawk tatoo the year mora was coach so being embarrassed by losing means little to me
But what righted the ship then was a coaching change , i love pete as a motivator inspirational leader but bilicheat adjusted every game and im not seeing that
It's pathetic when as fans were not surprised or inspired or amazed at the guts , ideas and abilities of the roster or coaching so it's been quite a while since that's happened
Just sayin

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hypothetically, if Seattle, loses all games before the BYE, there’s going to be some hard conversations (or maybe not so hard) but would you be all for a coaching change? And/or a quarterback change?

I feel like Seattle wants to address the quarterback position in 2024 and I for one, don’t think Drew Lock, is the successor.

You don’t keep a talented QB on the bench. If Lock is so talented, there would be no questions, he would outplay Geno all the time. And Lock would already be the starter. Hence, Lock’s level of talent is only a backup player, in this league.

I personally think, if Seattle goes 4-13 this year, a first round QB, is definitely a real possibility.

There are some good QB prospects coming up in the 2024 Draft that has more appeal than the 2023 Draft.

Penix, would probably be in range for Seattle, should, the Seahawks, finish around 4-14 to 7-10 this year.

Hell, Shadeur Sanders, may be in reach of Seattle picking next year.

I can’t say I’m not worried about Seattle not winning any games before the bye, cause, week 1, showed a lot of flaws with this team and the coaching it has had.

No wins before the bye is a genuine concern.
If you’re going to suck, REALLY suck!