NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Y'all should also remember that stern is an employee who works for the owners. He doesn't get to just make stuff up as he goes along, so relax. All that best interest stuff has no chance if the owners pick the Hansen bid.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
HansGruber":b0opt9ge said:
Remember, it's always the guy with the losing position who makes the most noise. If the NBA had any options, and didn't already know the owners intended to approve sale to Hansen, you wouldn't be hearing any of this stuff.

I'm sorry i'm not following the logic here. The NBA isn't making much noise, at all. It's the HBN group doing the bell ringing.

Throwdown

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":fyyt1s4c said:
HansGruber":fyyt1s4c said:
Remember, it's always the guy with the losing position who makes the most noise. If the NBA had any options, and didn't already know the owners intended to approve sale to Hansen, you wouldn't be hearing any of this stuff.

I'm sorry i'm not following the logic here. The NBA isn't making much noise, at all. It's the HBN group doing the bell ringing.

Suckramento

Pstark3

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":33lrfccv said:
HansGruber":33lrfccv said:

I think he was talking about Sac making the noise. Hansen has made basically no "noise", unless you count real action noise.

Sac

Reaction score
Pstark3":muc7qbfq said:
TheRealDTM":muc7qbfq said:
HansGruber":muc7qbfq said:

I think he was talking about Sac making the noise. Hansen has made basically no "noise", unless you count real action noise.

LOUD NOISES!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
No it was the Sac group making the noise, the NBA or Stern kissing Sacramentos ass with nothing showing anywhere, Hansen just reacted to the situation with ACTION, something nobody else has done. The ACTION was reported and now the NBA and Sacramento are in re - ACTION mode and still have no plan and are looking worse every day.

Pstark3

Reaction score
@TedGaines: We will not stand by and allow Sacramento to be pushed around by out of state billionaires trying to do an end run. #NBAKings

He's a california state senator FYI

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pstark3":8jkv6oqh said:
@TedGaines: We will not stand by and allow Sacramento to be pushed around by out of state billionaires trying to do an end run. #NBAKings

He's a california state senator FYI
Another politician spouting off, sigh.........Being a politician he should be well aware on how the world works. (see he who has the most $$$ usually wins, as sucky as that might be)

chris98251

Reaction score
So what is California going to do, pass a law in less then a week that forbids selling to people outside the state?

Or have the State put up the 1 billion dollars to buy and build a arena in Sacramento? They still have to break laws due to the contract already in place with the Maloofs. Secondly where is the reason for the NBA to reject Hansens offer period. His is first best and complete with all the money on the table and a 30 million good faith payment already paid. The contract was done weeks ago, I can't see anything being passed that would be retrocative to the first of the year and legal in the first place. I suppose someone could go over the contract with a fine tooth comb but I don't think the Hansen and Balmer group have lawyers that are prone to mistakes and this group has been very plodding in how they make sure duck in a row, act, next phase ducks in a row act. The NBA and Sacramento have been throw at a dart board hoping something sticks.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
image.jpg

GCrow

Reaction score
Welp, now that Phil Jackson officially isn't coming up to help save my Raptors i'm back to being all in on Seattle getting the team.

Atradees

Reaction score
Wow.....The relocation committee will have a new vote in light of all the cheddar.

Pulling out all the stops for what is likely our only shot at a franchise in Seattle.

I would switch allegiances.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Atradees":1l8oeipd said:
Wow.....The relocation committee will have a new vote in light of all the cheddar.

Pulling out all the stops for what is likely our only shot at a franchise in Seattle.

I would switch allegiances.

Its not exactly a new vote, two weeks ago was just a recommendation. 15th is the final vote where it becomes official.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Might peak today depending if we get a leak, or official news from the meeting/conference call today. But Wednesday is most definitely the day where ish will hit the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.