NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ca4gx01 said:
He is in the process of selling his share, problem is I wouldn't be so hasty to unload it if the Maloofs are acting like straight up gangsters right now.

Obviously Stern will hold the approval of the sale of his shares until the exact moment that he gives him the Kings. Which is whats going to happen.

He has nothing to worry about Stern won't let him lose his GS shares until he has a new team, he's a club member!

Throwdown

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":7l71d98f said:
Throwdown":7l71d98f said:

Obviously Stern will hold the approval of the sale of his shares until the exact moment that he gives him the Kings. Which is whats going to happen.

He has nothing to worry about Stern won't let him lose his GS shares until he has a new team, he's a club member!

He hasn't found anyone to buy 'em, is what I meant to say. He's still searching for a buyer, should've made that clear I guess.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Throwdown":2t3anhj1 said:
TheRealDTM":2t3anhj1 said:
Throwdown":2t3anhj1 said:

He hasn't found anyone to buy 'em, is what I meant to say. He's still searching for a buyer, should've made that clear I guess.

The NBA can buy it under the best interest clause. Because they can literally make up the rules as they go along.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1330f9dt said:
League sources maintain after today's media attack by the SEA/Maloof camp that the decision to relocate is about SAC's bid and not SEA’s.
https://twitter.com/aaronbruski/status/ ... 4648740864

Now this is some B.S. if true. So if it's about Sac all along then everything Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstroms are doing means nothing..
Doesn't matter what they say. Money talks. A lawsuit yells.

Pstark3

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2tp2p3xu said:
League sources maintain after today's media attack by the SEA/Maloof camp that the decision to relocate is about SAC's bid and not SEA’s.

Now this is some B.S. if true. So if it's about Sac all along then everything Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstroms are doing means nothing..
So theyre going to vote to make the Maloofs sell to the sac group even though the Maloofs have clearly said they will sell to the Hansen group no matter the outcome of the vote?

I aint even worried

Blitzer88

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3lcbqgdw said:

Oh come on..........Stern clearly is never gonna allow Seattle to get the Kings.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NBA CANNOT force the Maloofs to sell! All the Maloofs have to say is no, and then tell their anti-trust lawyers what they did and then the NBA's man marbles are in a tight sling! Bruski = KJ, in other words not a reliable source!

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Yes they can actually. They can invoke the best interest clause, as was done in New Orleans, and then secure a sale of the team to a local owner who has the intent to make a good faith negotiation with the city to build an arena. They will match the original 525 million figure, and then say the first bid was the only one they see as binding and since they are matching that the maloofs have no legal recourse.

"What David Stern wants..." indeed

The ball would then be in HBN's court, they would have to sue saying the NBA colluded to disrupt their binding transaction, of course then Stern would threaten no NBA ever if we don't settle out of court. Then....

Pstark3

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":14ldbntd said:
Yes they can actually. They can invoke the best interest clause, as was done in New Orleans, and then secure a sale of the team to a local owner who has the intent to make a good faith negotiation with the city to build an arena. They will match the original 525 million figure, and then say the first bid was the only one they see as binding and since they are matching that the maloofs have no legal recourse.

The ball would then be in HBN's court, they would have to sue saying the NBA colluded to disrupt their binding transaction, of course then Stern would threaten no NBA ever if we don't settle out of court. Then....
If that was the case, I'd be fine with Hansen going nuclear in court. At that point I wouldn't want the nba anywhere near Seattle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
From what I've heard is certain conditions need to apply for them to use that clause,
and they dont here, Besides that, the NBA knows that it wouldn't hold up in court! Like I've said this is going to end up with a court settlement in which Seattle will get a team! Stern is an ignorant and arrogant price of "work" who thinks he is above he law!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3qzabxw0 said:

Also Sterns threats carry no weight anymore, Seattle played nice and still got hosed! Stern has already used the threat card and it carries about much power as a 3 year olds tantrum!

pinksheets

Reaction score
It was Shinn's idea to have the NBA buy the Hornets, not a hostile takeover by the NBA. That hasn't been done before and it would be an almost guaranteed losing proposition by the NBA. I think it's extremely unlikely they even try that, no matter what Stern wants.

Throwdown

Reaction score
A takeover would be stupid for reasons i outline earlier.

But I don't understand why some are still afraid to go to war with the NBA? What's the worse that happens? They tell us we'll never get a team? And we're back to where we have been the past five years but with peace of mind that we will never be used again? I'm down with it. We cannot be used as a threat. It's happened once with the Hornets when the NBA was trying to find a buyer you'd hear things about them possibly coming to Seattle, and now this.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The NBA doesn't have the resources to fight this battle. Everything you're hearing in the media is good news for Sonics fans.

Remember, it's always the guy with the losing position who makes the most noise. If the NBA had any options, and didn't already know the owners intended to approve sale to Hansen, you wouldn't be hearing any of this stuff.

And I can tell you the Seattle side has zero intention to quit. Been telling y'all for a minute now. Trust me. Seattle is in it to win it and they got the big boys at the table just waiting for Stern to hit the red button first. But that won't happen because the last thing the owners want is a battle that opens their books. Remember, they were just telling the NBAPA how poor they are. You really think the NBA wants a suit in court with buyer, seller and employees as plaintiff? I'll go ahead and answer that one. That's be a big NO.

Anyway, little bird says things are just getting rolling. You ain't seen nothing yet

HansGruber

Reaction score
I should add that little birdy tells me negotiations look good for Seattle bid. There's a rumor owners intend to vote for Hansen deal and NBA is hustling behind the scenes to make Hansen group happy and go away. No intention to do so.

This could all be wrong but so far little birdy has been pretty spot on, even when literally everyone else was saying opposite stuff.

To add, rumor about owner support is strong. Birdy had good reason to believe and strategy is being put together as if it's a pretty sure thing. Again, might mean nothing, is not coming from the NBA so who knows what happens in the end. All I know is that it makes sense and fits in with everything I've heard. If you were an owner and a second rate team sold for that much would you turn it down? What would that do for Miami, LA, etc. Those teams would be worth a cool billion overnight. Who turns down a billion?

Status
Not open for further replies.