NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Salamander, you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to the situation in 2008. Maybe sit a few plays out and/or do some research and stop reciting talking points you heard from your Mayor.

Sacramento isn't Stockton, but its not in great shape either. This deal will not help your city and your team, especially if all these concessions are actually inked.

Take the blinders off and think independently.

JOz56

Reaction score
salamander":145vue9i said:
I was referring to the amount of effort/interest/fight Sacramento is putting in to keeping the team. It's my understanding that if the city of Seattle had done the same the NBA would not have allowed the Sonics to be moved.

Except, none of that is true. We didn't want to fund an arena 100% percent. We wanted the possible owners to give atleast some of it back. And once we said no to that, we weren't allowed to fight for our team. Don't kid yourself in believing that you "fought" for your team. Stern and the owners are going along with this because Sacramento is willing to keep the team over the well being of their own city. I don't know how you can't see this isn't good for Sacramento.

salamander

Reaction score
JOz56":3mznd5n8 said:
Stern and the owners are going along with this because Sacramento is willing to keep the team over the well being of their own city.

This is the type of BS that I can't stand from Seattle fans. There is absolutely no evidence that this deal will harm the city in any way. You bring this up to justify your hatred at not getting the team. It's bogus. We have people in government fighting their ass off to keep the team in Sacramento. We are also not paying any more in taxes...the funding is coming from parking revenues for parking lots the city owns but currently sit empty. The arena will draw people to town and fill up those spaces.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
This is a pleasant fiction you live in. There is contrary evidence, but it hasn't come from the pro-arena people you are getting all of your information from. It's as flimsy as a wet paper bag.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Salamander, you should try reading some of the articles coming out of your own press down there. They aren't all painting a happy picture of that arena plan.

Hell, the Sac group are getting so much government subsidy help, they're willing to give up an additional $18,000,000.00/year that would come from the league rather than tax payers.

Like I said... ankles...

salamander

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3cct9v4e said:
Salamander, you should try reading some of the articles coming out of your own press down there. They aren't all painting a happy picture of that arena plan.

Hell, the Sac group are getting so much government subsidy help, they're willing to give up an additional $18,000,000.00/year that would come from the league rather than tax payers.

Like I said... ankles...

No article is near as dire as you Sonics fans would like to believe. At worst there are questions and risk, but NO ONE thinks the city is going to suffer as you suggest. And no one is getting a subsidy. Sacramento will own the arena.

And by turning down revenue sharing they are showing confidence in their projections that show they wouldn’t be eligible for that level of revenue sharing anyways. That level of revenue sharing is based on last years revenue, which was the apex of the Maloof mismanagement. The Maloofs weren't even trying.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Dude what color is the sky in the world in which you live? The city of Sacramento doesn't have financial problems???? Really? I've been there 3 times on business over the last 10 years, and after driving on your freeways I'm glad with all of the potholes I was driving a rental. The only thing to do there is tip cows or drive to Reno! You need to open up your eyes, you sound like some partisan wackjob talking politics and believe only what your sides media tells you!

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't see confidence in projections as much as I see "we'll basically agree to anything to win this." When you're the lesser city and the lesser group, I guess you've got to spread those beef flaps to all comers.

HansGruber

Reaction score
This whole deal makes me glad we no longer have the NBA in Seattle.

I don't want that product in my town. Yes, I liked the Sonics. My father loved them. He was a fanatic. But even he hates the corruption of Stern's NBA and bid them farewell in 2008. The NBA is a parasite. And our city is much better off without that.

Look at the NBA. Actually look at it. Now forget about the green and gold for just a second. Just actually look at what the NBA is, what it has become. This is a business whose only interest is to steal as much money as possible from the taxpayers. This business will fix games, it will fix ANYTHING, to maximize the profits of the owners and at the cost of the players and fans. The NBA, more than any other sports league, has ZERO interest in the product it provides or the fans who pay for it. Seriously, people. Take a good hard honest look at it.

The NBA is fixed worse than the WWE. Do any of us honestly believe this will EVER favor Seattle? For all the whining on this board that the NFL can be unfair at times (in scheduling, officiating, etc), that pales in comparison to the NBA. Good riddance, I say. I have no interest in seeing my city pillaged and held hostage for NOTHING in return. We're already dealing with that in the Mariners.

JOz56

Reaction score
HansGruber":3317z8sd said:

I don't want that product in my town. Yes, I liked the Sonics. My father loved them. He was a fanatic. But even he hates the corruption of Stern's NBA and bid them farewell in 2008. The NBA is a parasite. And our city is much better off without that.

Look at the NBA. Actually look at it. Now forget about the green and gold for just a second. Just actually look at what the NBA is, what it has become. This is a business whose only interest is to steal as much money as possible from the taxpayers. This business will fix games, it will fix ANYTHING, to maximize the profits of the owners and at the cost of the players and fans. The NBA, more than any other sports league, has ZERO interest in the product it provides or the fans who pay for it. Seriously, people. Take a good hard honest look at it.

The NBA is fixed worse than the WWE. Do any of us honestly believe this will EVER favor Seattle? For all the whining on this board that the NFL can be unfair at times (in scheduling, officiating, etc), that pales in comparison to the NBA. Good riddance, I say. I have no interest in seeing my city pillaged and held hostage for NOTHING in return. We're already dealing with that in the Mariners.

As much as I wish I could disagree, I actually agree with you. More than anything I just want to see the league burn. If we get a team out of it, great, but I want to see people go down. And for this to get very, very messy for the NBA

Laloosh

Reaction score
salamander":eiesh6ha said:
E.C. Laloosh":eiesh6ha said:

Like I said... ankles...

No article is near as dire as you Sonics fans would like to believe. At worst there are questions and risk, but NO ONE thinks the city is going to suffer as you suggest. And no one is getting a subsidy. Sacramento will own the arena.

And by turning down revenue sharing they are showing confidence in their projections that show they wouldn’t be eligible for that level of revenue sharing anyways. That level of revenue sharing is based on last years revenue, which was the apex of the Maloof mismanagement. The Maloofs weren't even trying.

It was not that long ago that city leaders were slashing police and fire protection and pleading with the public and private sectors to help keep a few swimming pools open. Now, the city is offering property valued at $34 million to fund a new arena.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/04/539285 ... rylink=cpy

Sounds pretty dire to me. Ankles!

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
lol salamander u are going to watch your city burn over an arena that will never be build. Or build like the key and other arenas that are outdated the second they are finished. Sure u will get an influx of fans to see the new arena. Sure it will look good on paper oh wait no it doesn't. Sure when that arena is empty other then the faithfull and the sac is crying to the nba to let them out of there deal so they can get some money. What I don't get is how do men of that means want to throw money down the toilet. Guess being hero is better then having a lot of cash in your pocket.

also welcome to the phoenix coyotes sac. that is exactly where u are headed.

hahahaahahaha page 100 playas

The Outfield

Reaction score
HansGruber":3qdaz99t said:

Good points. I'm starting to agree with this mentality about the NBA. I'm just absolutely appalled by how the past few weeks have gone. It's brutal to put fans of both sides through this and drag it out as much as possible.

salamander

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":1dkokfyo said:
lol salamander u are going to watch your city burn over an arena that will never be build.

Watch my city burn? This is why you have no credibility.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
He doesn't mean you're going to literally watch it be set fire and turn into ashes.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
really lets see the emails the city will not release. Lets look at the bank account of the city that they don't know where it is. But u guys need the kings like its water and u are in the desert. We got hosed and the fact that u keep coming here to try to rub in what u think happened. Is very sad and laughable. Good Luck with the Oakland way of drafting and building a team with the kings. You guys are going to be more crap then already are. And when u have to go to the nba to get the money you promised u won't take. Because when u had webber and all your greats. You only made 18 million bucks. Your team and owners will be crying like little babys to eather get out or sell.

The city will be eather bankrupt or flat broke. And yes when you are cutting city services to fund this arena. It will burn when there are no cops to get the criminals. Or firemen to go put out the fires. But hey you guys needed ONE more team in CALIFORNIA. Because you guys really don't have that kind of coverage. You only have the LAKERS, CLIPPERS, AND WARRIORS. One of which in the next couple of years might be moving closer to sacremento. So the TV coverage won't be there. But hey im only a delusional sonics fan thinking they would make money hand over fist in seattle over your crap market.

Status
Not open for further replies.