NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
I swear if u listen to brock and danny or anybody on espn this is over time for a funeral. you listen to kjr it seems like they are ready for a damn fight. I swear its the offseason and the mariners suck. Why espn is talking mariners on loop and the sonics as its an after thought is really pissing me off.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":1ww4v3sm said:
I swear if u listen to brock and danny or anybody on espn this is over time for a funeral. you listen to kjr it seems like they are ready for a damn fight. I swear its the offseason and the mariners suck. Why espn is talking mariners on loop and the sonics as its an after thought is really pissing me off.
KIRO is the flagship station of the Mariners and carries their games, the M's don't want the Sonics or NHL, so you are not getting an unbiased source there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think this will end with H/B/N sueing the bejesus out of the NBA and Seattle getting a team thru settlement!

Laloosh

Reaction score
JOz56":c2bjdyme said:
They are being allowed to keep the team because of this...

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/06/5398439/sacramento-kings-dallas-nba.html

The investors trying to keep the Kings in Sacramento made key concessions to the NBA, including a promise to limit the amount of league revenue sharing they would accept, according to a published report.

In other words, they grabbed their ankles... Stern (while being a gigantic a-hole) got exactly what he wanted. No wonder the owners love 'em.

Sac

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1otblw1p said:
JOz56":1otblw1p said:

The investors trying to keep the Kings in Sacramento made key concessions to the NBA, including a promise to limit the amount of league revenue sharing they would accept, according to a published report.

In other words, they grabbed their ankles... Stern (while being a gigantic a-hole) got exactly what he wanted. No wonder the owners love 'em.

Yay?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
JOz56":t9vh5s6f said:

Huh.

So factor that in, with the public money handout being used for their new arena... there ya go.

29 other rich guys = Happy.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2i5nhq64 said:

Enjoy. I'll laugh my ass off if SEA somehow wrestles an expansion team out of the NBA. Meanwhile Sacramento (the city) goes bankrupt because they happily let themselves be bent over a trash can in a dirty alley by David Stern.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
there is no way that sac can support this and when all the people that put it in place so they can go bankrupt get voted out. then what they are in the same place they were in.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The latest news about the concessions just tells me that the Sacramento ownership group will say or do anything to get a team regardless of the lack of feasibility of fulfilling these promises.

The city of Sacramento will look back and realize all of this back bending to keep this team has screwed the city more than it already is. They want to play it like that, fine, keep your team and I will laugh when the entire situation bursts into flames and the teams for sale in five years and the city is bankrupt.

JOz56

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3catv6ge said:
The latest news about the concessions just tells me that the Sacramento ownership group will say or do anything to get a team regardless of the lack of feasibility of fulfilling these promises.

The city of Sacramento will look back and realize all of this back bending to keep this team has screwed the city more than it already is. They want to play it like that, fine, keep your team and I will laugh when the entire situation bursts into flames and the teams for sale in five years and the city is bankrupt.

Yup, the NBA is going into very, very dangerous territory here. You can bet your ass the players association is keeping a close eye and documenting all of this. This is not going to end well

salamander

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1bjvxdvv said:

Your perceptions about Sacramento are ridiculous. Sacramento is not Stockton, Sacramento is not in trouble. You are also completely ignoring the economic benefits of having a basketball team and an arena in downtown. The fact of the matter is the city of Seattle didn't do what Sacramento is doing and that is why they don't have a team.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
salamander":3q4vgjz4 said:
The fact of the matter is the city of Seattle didn't do what Sacramento is doing and that is why they don't have a team.

I don't think you know what a 'fact' is.

The city of Seattle and King County didn't want to 100% finance an arena with public money. Which was the right decision. It wasn't a real offer/arena plan from Bennett. It was designed to fail. It gave him his excuse to steal the team.

Look at the arena plan Hansen came up with, good plan = approved by city and county. Understand?

The Sonics left because Schultz sold the team to a slimy snake from Oklahoma who had no intention of keeping the team here. It was business games played by billionaires. Nothing the city or the fans could do about it.

Please stop trying to make up reasons other than that as to why the Sonics left.

If you want to be mad about Hansen trying to buy the Kings fine, but please stop trying to act like you know why the Sonics left. Just stop...

salamander

Reaction score
I was referring to the amount of effort/interest/fight Sacramento is putting in to keeping the team. It's my understanding that if the city of Seattle had done the same the NBA would not have allowed the Sonics to be moved.

Subzero717

Reaction score
salamander":26rodx6n said:
I was referring to the amount of effort/interest/fight Sacramento is putting in to keeping the team. It's my understanding that if the city of Seattle had done the same the NBA would not have allowed the Sonics to be moved.

That's not true at all. There was we could do. The citizens didn't want to fully fund an arena which was what was proposed and it was an offer designed to fail as Twisted stated. They were moving the day Bennett bought them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts