NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK84

Reaction score
salamander":2hwm0541 said:
Sigh...this is so dumb. Is this part of the stages of grief?

Dude, seriously? Now you're just trolling. Get the hell out of this thread.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I just don't get why he's STILL in here, let us do our thing. If you feel we're wrong about your crap city so what?

Fact of the matter is, that shitty little team in that shitty little city is going to need that revenue stream that they said they wouldn't take, the market (which is already in the dumps) is going to go stale there because the team isn't going to get enough revenue to sustain anything, unless they get incredibly lucky and get a generational talent (HIGHLY unlikely)

Ranadearover and Mastrov entered into a losing situation, the teams as good as gone whether its now or 5-10 years down the road.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Salamander, did you think that you could come on here and we would go, "You are right, we don't deserve a team, everything about Sacramento is great and the arena deal is perfect in every way. We have no right to be angry and we are all going to be Kings fans"?

pinksheets

Reaction score
I've said before I don't think the DTP arena will be built, I stand by it.

I also don't think anybody is going to sign a 35-year inescapable lease for a team in Sacramento. This team is worth $550m because of its mobility and ability to be transplanted into a good market, if it's locked into a bad one for decades, I'd expect the value of the team to drop to around $3.75.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
pinksheets":2dnhhmbe said:
I've said before I don't think the DTP arena will be built, I stand by it.

I also don't think anybody is going to sign a 35-year inescapable lease for a team in Sacramento. This team is worth $550m because of its mobility and ability to be transplanted into a good market, if it's locked into a bad one for decades, I'd expect the value of the team to drop to around $3.75.

Pink I think u are too high in your estimate. I think u can buy a cup of coffee for more then the kings after 10 years in sac.

drdiags

Reaction score
From my brief read on things, the possible ~$18M/yr the perspective Kings owners are forfeiting is money that was intended to be used for player acquisition (eventually). Sacramento wouldn't get any of that one way or the other (unless it is taxable by the city), so this doesn't overtly impact Sacramento one way or the other, correct?

The new Kings owners are rolling in dough, just not all tied up in owning the club, so taking losses for awhile until the new arena is complete most likely doesn't put them in a panic.

The part I don't understand is how this doesn't shaft the Maloofs? What is their motivation to sell to these guys when the NBA turns down Hansen? Allowing the potential owners to leverage a promise of not taking funds from the NBA seems like an unfair advantage unless the NBA allowed the Hansen group the same opportunity. Confusing detail in this saga. There must be an understanding with the Maloofs that when the Hansen deal is rejected that they are willing to accept the offer from the local investors.

Does the NBA turn around and approve the alternate deal May 15th or do they have to go through this process all over again as far as filing for sale of the club to the NBA? Thereby restarting the clock before it becomes official?

Laloosh

Reaction score
drdiags":65znlnqa said:
The part I don't understand is how this doesn't shaft the Maloofs? What is their motivation to sell to these guys when the NBA turns down Hansen?

This is the part that made me laugh my ass off when I read the initial news. No way the Maloofs aren't pissed off by this aspect of it. It's essentially a way for the Sac group to up their bid w/out it equating to more compensation for the actual owner.

While it sucks for them it must have made some of the other owners laugh their respective asses off because they'd essentially be saving themselves money while denying some to the Maloofs.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
some how someway I don't think the maloofs sell to the sac group. I think if they get screwed they are going to get theres in litigation.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":ns2d8jz5 said:
some how someway I don't think the maloofs sell to the sac group. I think if they get screwed they are going to get theres in litigation.

They still stand to make a helluva profit from what I understand. Would you take $341M and no headaches over $361M minus legal fees, death threats and having your name drug through the mud endlessly?

Personally I'd take the $341M and find a nice quiet beach.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Speaking of big stink, the NBA will have the putrid stench of the troll that is David Stern on it many years after that miserable assclown is gone! I see lawsuits against the NBA from H/B/N in Stern and Silver's future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts