Kam contract extension - 2:00 Press conference

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That 2017 cap number is going to make me a little nervous during the offseason after the 2016 season. He might get cut or traded at that point. I hate "final year balloons" in contracts.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Yes, but also the contract is guaranteed for injury, and becomes fully guaranteed only if he's on the roster 5 days after the Super Bowl.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
So, it's a $5.5-6 million average for the years of the deal he's likely to get paid on. Seems like it's right around where most had him pegged at before the extension was signed. Good deal, and the injury-only guaranty gives them outs for underperformance. This is why you wait until the deal structure comes out before passing judgment.

Clayton is so unreliable for everything.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bufgnai said:
That 2017 cap number is going to make me a little nervous during the offseason after the 2016 season. He might get cut or traded at that point. I hate "final year balloons" in contracts.

That number will never come into play; by then he will have all of his guaranteed money.

He can be traded, released, or renegotiated.

In fact by the time that number even come sup, Kam himself will want to renegotiate it to a lower number in order to get more guaranteed money and/or years.

That number is 0 concern.