INCREDIBLE Press Conference

W

Welshers

One of the greatest press conference's I have ever seen. They've given me renewed confidence in this season. Pete and John made so much sense and said we are going to win. Full confidence in these guys. Truly a transcendental press conference. Total props to those guys. This team is always compete. One bad year? so what. This team will win.

Fade

Reaction score
Welshers":18cg108j said:
One of the greatest press conference's I have ever seen. They've given me renewed confidence in this season. Pete and John made so much sense and said we are going to win. Full confidence in these guys. Truly a transcendental press conference. Total props to those guys. This team is always compete. One bad year? so what. This team will win.

Is this sarcasm? :lol:

The stream I was watching (Hawk's Nest) everyone was laughing at them, and clowning them. Reading the comments on the official live stream they were getting lit up like a Christmas tree. :lol:

Mizak

Reaction score
This is gonna be a very long year for 12’s.

Elemas

Reaction score
Fade":2k6jutev said:
Welshers":2k6jutev said:

The stream I was watching (Hawk's Nest) everyone was laughing at them, and clowning them. Reading the comments on the official live stream they were getting lit up like a Christmas tree. :lol:

Getting lit up was well deserved. Maybe this has happened but, I can’t recall many teams losing a cornerstone (perhaps THE cornerstone) without having a solid approach for the future.

It sounds like we’re truly going to roll with Lock, Geno…or Kaep. I find it hard to believe that they’re actually interested in Kaep. If it were me and I was considering him, I wouldn’t have mentioned his name.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Fade":2ul0rotd said:
Welshers":2ul0rotd said:

But Pete and John said we are going to win. Are you saying they are lying? There are Super Bowl winning lifers of this sport.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
GemCity":24fsb8xz said:
Fade":24fsb8xz said:
Welshers":24fsb8xz said:

Getting lit up was well deserved. Maybe this has happened but, I can’t recall many teams losing a cornerstone (perhaps THE cornerstone) without having a solid approach for the future.

It sounds like we’re truly going to roll with Lock, Geno…or Kaep. I find it hard to believe that they’re actually interested in Kaep. If it were me and I was considering him, I wouldn’t have mentioned his name.

I'd take Kaep (even though he's been out of football for several years) over Geno and Lock. A rusty Kaep is better than those two guys. Lock might have some potential. Smith's been in the league for about 10 years and hasn't amounted to anything more than capable clipboard holder.

strohmin

Reaction score
Welshers":vo4zymch said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
After 5 minutes Pete rattling on about fresh starts or whatever I was like STOP TALKING!

xray

Reaction score
If I wasn't an atheist , I would say" jesus are u serious " ? :D

Smellyman

Reaction score
Fade":2sdrtpt7 said:
Welshers":2sdrtpt7 said:

commenters were clowning on them? Must have been bad if comments were bad.

Usually nothing more level headed the streaming comments.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Honestly, the opinion of the twitter crowd would have been the same no matter what was said. It's less about substance for them then it is about virtue signaling to each other.

In my view it was a pretty good press conference all things considered. Of course you have to take it with a grain of salt; trash talking Drew Lock doesn't help anybody and there's nothing wrong with giving him a chance to compete with an open mind. It was interesting that they specifically mentioned Geno and sounds like they really want him back despite the DUI.

The worst part was John discussing publicly that there were no other options for Bobby. Those details should stay private in house even if reporters are pressing on them. He also didn't need to hedge around why it's a bad idea for players to represent themselves.

The best part was John highlighting 2023 in regards to when the dead money would ease up. That allayed my fears that we were going to be throwing away a rebuild opportunity this year significantly. It looks like the plans are to spend that draft capital on rookies (finally) and the next two drafts will be the dominant factors in our 2023 talent level.

flv

Reaction score
I don't know what people want from a March press conference. No-one wants to hear: ' the season is still 5 months away but sod it, we've decided to tank'.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fade":s3tm2mck said:
Welshers":s3tm2mck said:

No Faded, not everyone was "Laughing at them", only the Az holes. :141847_bnono:

OP
OP
W

Welshers

flv":2h6cmwuv said:
I don't know what people want from a March press conference. No-one wants to hear: ' the season is still 5 months away but sod it, we've decided to tank'.
That's literally what everyone on this forum wants to hear LOL

Jville

Reaction score
It was a reassuring press conference.

It reaffirmed that Pete and John are still true to themselves and the the partnership they formed in 2010. They also reflected, once again, on Paul Allen and his desire for Pete to bring his LA college program to Seattle's NFL program. Reaffirmed that the Allen family, under Jody, is still locked into that same program philosophy.

Second and third chances along with a burning desire to help others become the best they can be is still the cornerstone of their program. This year's team is getting younger and quicker. It going to look a little different because of changes in personnel. And yet, they will stay true to their proven philosophy and culture.

This is going to be a fun year. A lot to keep up with.

But, worth it. :2thumbs:

TreeRon

Reaction score
Jville":22mku4ev said:

It reaffirmed that Pete and John are still true to themselves and the the partnership they formed in 2010. They also reflected, once again, on Paul Allen and his desire for Pete to bring his LA college program to Seattle's NFL program. Reaffirmed that the Allen family, under Jody, is still locked into that same program philosophy.

Second and third chances along with a burning desire to help others become the best they can be is still the cornerstone of their program. This year's team is getting younger and quicker. It going to look a little different because of changes in personnel. And yet, they will stay true to their proven philosophy and culture.

Staying true to their school. Wasn't there a Beach Boys' song

OP
OP
W

Welshers

TreeRon":3alaipcr said:
Jville":3alaipcr said:

Staying true to their school. Wasn't there a Beach Boys' song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7sLDziV2hs