Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Just in case you all forgot, Skip got his big break by calling Troy Aikman homosexual in one of his books to get people to read it. That is Skip Bayless. He deserves every insult that anyone throws at him at any time. He's the guy that would have been stoned to death or thrown out of town if this was the 1700's.

heyu123

Reaction score
Throwdown":2j3xmji1 said:
I don't know why people are on here excusing Bayless for throwing darts at Sherman not expecting him to send a few back his way?

Maybe because an athlete of Sherman's stature should be above stopping down to SKIP BAYLESS levels? Do you see LeBron James going on first take? Hell no.

Plus, his trash talk wasn't even that great. He was way too emotional and sounded on the verge of tears. Sherman had nothing at all to gain by going on that show

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I don't think one person in 12 pages has professed the most remote inkling of respect for nor admiration of Skip Bayless. But, thanks.

heyu123

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ma4v7xl said:
The beginning and the end of the interview (if you can call it an interview) I'm fine with, but the middle part where Sherm's personally attacking Bayless was bush league at best. Sherm's better than that.

Here's the problem Sherman's creating for himself by going after everyone and anyone that says something bad about him. He's leaving himself no room for error. Sherman's put himself so high up on a pedestal publicly with all this chest thumping that there's nowhere for him to go but down. He's created a persona that everyone other than Hawk fans will be rooting against him.

I wonder when it comes contract extension time and Sherman is likely demanding one of the larger defensive contracts in the game how his act will be viewed here then?

In my opinion when his brashness turns into wanting to get paid, and there's no way I can imagine a guy making peanuts right now and self proclaiming himself the best in the game won't demand more money than anyone, people here won't be supporting him as much anymore(though he'll still likely have a lot of fans if he plays well)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
heyu123":25rph30w said:
Sgt. Largent":25rph30w said:
The beginning and the end of the interview (if you can call it an interview) I'm fine with, but the middle part where Sherm's personally attacking Bayless was bush league at best. Sherm's better than that.

Here's the problem Sherman's creating for himself by going after everyone and anyone that says something bad about him. He's leaving himself no room for error. Sherman's put himself so high up on a pedestal publicly with all this chest thumping that there's nowhere for him to go but down. He's created a persona that everyone other than Hawk fans will be rooting against him.

I wonder when it comes contract extension time and Sherman is likely demanding one of the larger defensive contracts in the game how his act will be viewed here then?

In my opinion when his brashness turns into wanting to get paid, and there's no way I can imagine a guy making peanuts right now and self proclaiming himself the best in the game won't demand more money than anyone, people here won't be supporting him as much anymore(though he'll still likely have a lot of fans if he plays well)
If he continues to play at the level he's playing at, he deserves to get paid. It's no secret that Sherman and Wilson are incredibly underpaid by NFL standards. I expect him to demand Revis+ money if he plays this well going forward. And I'll support him as long as he's a Seahawk. If he leaves, then sayonara.

It's the same thing if Sherman was on the Niners. We would be bashing him. You guys would be defending him.

heyu123

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2kxkexlt said:
If he continues to play at the level he's playing at, he deserves to get paid. It's no secret that Sherman and Wilson are incredibly underpaid by NFL standards. I expect him to demand Revis+ money if he plays this well going forward. And I'll support him as long as he's a Seahawk. If he leaves, then sayonara.

It's the same thing if Sherman was on the Niners. We would be bashing him. You guys would be defending him.

True. There's no debating Sherman's talent. Guys who are really outspoken though tend to have some pretty messy/difficult contract extensions though. I think he's walking a really fine line in which right now a lot of people love him, but that might not be the case in a few years.

I would be kind of concerned about how he'd react if he felt like Seattle was disrespecting him in contract negotiations or he wasn't being taken care of, just based on his personality in the media. It might be tough to give the guy what he wants with so many other Seahawk players who are good and young also going to be needing contract(the gift and the curse of drafting so well like Seattle has done).

-The Glove-

Reaction score
heyu123":3oe2j9jn said:
-The Glove-":3oe2j9jn said:

True. There's no debating Sherman's talent. Guys who are really outspoken though tend to have some pretty messy/difficult contract extensions though. I think he's walking a really fine line in which right now a lot of people love him, but that might not be the case in a few years.

I would be kind of concerned about how he'd react if he felt like Seattle was disrespecting him in contract negotiations or he wasn't being taken care of, just based on his personality in the media. It might be tough to give the guy what he wants with so many other Seahawk players who are good and young also going to be needing contract(the gift and the curse of drafting so well like Seattle has done).
That's true. Too many young guys playing out of their mind on rookie contracts. There's no doubt, not all of them will be retained. As for Sherman, being as he's my favorite current Seahawk, I tend to look into more of the context of these situations he's in. We get to know him a little better, and I've yet to see him disrespect someone that didn't disrespect him first. But I can understand from an outsiders perspective how he'd seem like just a loud, obnoxious ME type of guy when that's all you really get to see of him outside of a few Sundays a season.

OP
OP
hedgehawk

hedgehawk

Reaction score
After 12 pages, I'm left wondering if Fargohawk and BFS are the same person? So similar of writing styles. BFS rant in.....

bubbrubb

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2484h0yq said:
bubbrubb":2484h0yq said:
hah, been a seahawk fan my whole life, but holmgren era tested that. Sherm is annoying...I think he's a goof....I like the whole secondary but him. Just like the one poster said, you guys harp on Bayless/Smith for yapping uncontrollably, but Sherm is in same boat.

Just calling it like I see it my brother...er.....

Dominating the NFC West more often than not and getting to the SB tested you? Man you're one hard man to please. And you're the one that called yourself a casual Seahawk fan, so I don't know what you're trying to defend here.

You like the whole secondary but him? ET and Sherm are the 2 best. Yeah, let's get rid of Sherm because "he's a goof". Weird how you've been a Seahawk fan your whole life but can't appreciate an all-pro shutdown corner. You can hate him as a person, but to not even want him on your team, is ridiculous.

relax bro, just my opinion. I'm a big fan now for sure, but I'm also a fan of guys that keep it classy. Sherm went down to Skip's level. Needs to stop being so sensitive. I think it'll catch up to Sherm, that's all I'm saying.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Ya know, I'm seeing a pattern. In every situation Richard Sherman finds himself in, he becomes a mirror. He's got a psychological game going on and everybody who presents a challenge finds his crosshairs. Think about it.

Tom Brady starts the dialogue. Sherman ends it. (to great ado)
Trent Williams makes an offer. Sherman accepts. (to great ado)
Twitterers say he's not as good as Revis. He tweets his stats. (to great ado)
Bourbon Street is rowdy and fun. So is Sherman. (etc)
NFL AM is well-dressed, low-key, positive, and polite. So is Sherman. (blah blah)
Skip Bayless is an insufferable prick. So is... (yadda yadda)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I wish Sherm had actually asked Skip to break down why he thought Revis was better. Offer a breakdown of their relative ball skills, athleticism, bump and run ability, physicality...etc. Just go category by category and see if Bayless had any relevant knowledge whatsoever which would allow him to form an opinion. My guess is that he would not. Sherm would have come out looking like roses if he had done that instead of going for personal attacks.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Sherman's routine does nothing for me as a fan. If the rest of you are entertained, I'm happy for you. I'm just a little worried that the dude has some spare parts rattling up in that head of his.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hedgehawk":ojra9edz said:
After 12 pages, I'm left wondering if Fargohawk and BFS are the same person? So similar of writing styles. BFS rant in.....

An interesting development to be certain.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1q1bpce4 said:
I don't think one person in 12 pages has professed the most remote inkling of respect for nor admiration of Skip Bayless. But, thanks.

That is a hilarious observation.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1jlmiwia said:
Ya know, I'm seeing a pattern. In every situation Richard Sherman finds himself in, he becomes a mirror. He's got a psychological game going on and everybody who presents a challenge finds his crosshairs. Think about it.

Tom Brady starts the dialogue. Sherman ends it. (to great ado)
Trent Williams makes an offer. Sherman accepts. (to great ado)
Twitterers say he's not as good as Revis. He tweets his stats. (to great ado)
Bourbon Street is rowdy and fun. So is Sherman. (etc)
NFL AM is well-dressed, low-key, positive, and polite. So is Sherman. (blah blah)
Skip Bayless is an insufferable prick. So is... (yadda yadda)
+1

GoHawks

Reaction score
I'll be monitoring this closely . . . maybe check back at pgcnt 24

drdiags

Reaction score
Seahawks fans gave Walter Jones grief about his hold-outs. Yes, there will be a huge outcry from fans when Sherman's contract comes up. No, he isn't going to be giving any home town discounts.

Until he violates organizational or NFL policies, he has freedom of speech to do as he wants. Does it make the followers of the team proud to see his persona? Not across the board. PC can ask him to tone it down, but it is still up the Sherman to go along.

I think of DeAngelo Hall as well when I think of where Sherman's actions can take him. He probably isn't getting in the coach's face but his act looks to be going in the same line as Ochocinco, TO and Hall if he keeps it up. No signs that it will be changing anytime soon, so just keep making plays and when it comes time to re-do his contract, the team will have to decide how much he is worth.

And for the poster that infered that Butkus was in the same mode as Sherman, that isn't what I remember. Those guys just tried to hurt you but most were from the John Wayne school of walking tall and speaking rarely. Joe Namath and Ali are more of the mode of what Sherman's dialogue mirrors.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
Ninerguy":skmbjrk2 said:
Interesting read for 10+ pages.
I expected Hawk fans would like anything Sherman does but I cannot see how more of you do not see how this was way overboard and crossed the line. I have spoken to a few of my Hawk friends and tbh they are sensible and dont really like that Sherm went crazy like that. He should do just what he mentioned, "Let the tape speak for itself"! He has got his 15+ minutes of fame and he will get his money in a few seasons.(wait til you have to pay that bill :p )

My opinion is he completely reminds me of an even more crazed Terrel Owens, who never could just let his great play speak for him, instead he would seek out media attention and it always worked against him rather he saw it that way or not. Sharpie anyone?

I am Hawkfan509, and I approve this message!

Wake up Hawkfans. There was nothing good that came out of this interview, except that prick Bayless will probably get a raise because of the ratings

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":2yve4vtz said:
Ninerguy":2yve4vtz said:
Interesting read for 10+ pages.
I expected Hawk fans would like anything Sherman does but I cannot see how more of you do not see how this was way overboard and crossed the line. I have spoken to a few of my Hawk friends and tbh they are sensible and dont really like that Sherm went crazy like that. He should do just what he mentioned, "Let the tape speak for itself"! He has got his 15+ minutes of fame and he will get his money in a few seasons.(wait til you have to pay that bill :p )

My opinion is he completely reminds me of an even more crazed Terrel Owens, who never could just let his great play speak for him, instead he would seek out media attention and it always worked against him rather he saw it that way or not. Sharpie anyone?

I am Hawkfan509, and I approve this message!

Wake up Hawkfans. There was nothing good that came out of this interview, except that prick Bayless will probably get a raise because of the ratings

I'm Hawknpeppa and it's my opinion that any posts that take this type of stance could be implying the sentiments of weak-tit sister. Sherm said what every player that's been dissed by that tool wishes he would have had the nutz to say. We should stand up a 'weak sh*t' forum especially for any posts of this nature. :roll:

dunceface

Reaction score
SeaMeat":22a3gm8l said:
Now, if Sherm could somehow show up on the Nancy Grace show and hand that nasty loud mouth bitch the same treatment.

THIS x 10000000000