Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
FargoHawk":uq3msxa1 said:
Interesting that the people who hate Bayless for being loud, obnoxious, and opinionated are the same people who are backing our loud, obnoxious, and opinionated CB.

Come on, man. Not even close. Skip does NOTHING but make a living talking about how he thinks other people are not doing their job well and he does so with a veil of authority that is only opinion masquerading as fact.

Richard Sherman shuts down one side of the football field for a living. In his spare time he inspires children to better themselves and set goals, he tweets counterarguments to people telling him he isn't as good as other players, and he's an engaging interview (see the NFL AM stuff). This one time he took a personal angle on an argument with the aforementioned man who makes a living by personally disparaging professional athletes.

People can say that commenting on athletes' play is not personal, but Skip says things like 'he didn't show up' or 'he didn't want it enough' when he could not possibly know those things. THAT is the ridiculousness of Skip Bayless, and those are the tamest examples. Sherman played him at his own game in one interview, but that's not what he does for a living. BIG difference.

dunceface

Reaction score
Wow I should have stopped reading this thread a few pages ago...
Can't believe how people see this as anything other than Sherm finishing a beef that Skip started
KEEP TALKIN SHERM! GO HAWKS!

bubbrubb

Reaction score
hah, been a seahawk fan my whole life, but holmgren era tested that. Sherm is annoying...I think he's a goof....I like the whole secondary but him. Just like the one poster said, you guys harp on Bayless/Smith for yapping uncontrollably, but Sherm is in same boat.

Just calling it like I see it my brother...er.....

-The Glove-

Reaction score
FargoHawk":95ms4uf0 said:
Interesting that the people who hate Bayless for being loud, obnoxious, and opinionated are the same people who are backing our loud, obnoxious, and opinionated CB.

How so? Shermans just giving him a taste of his own medicine. That's why I and many others love it. Is Sherman always like that? No! Bayless is. It's about time someone put him in his place

FargoHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1il3mbq2 said:
FargoHawk":1il3mbq2 said:

How so? Shermans just giving him a taste of his own medicine. That's why I and many others love it. Is Sherman always like that? No! Bayless is. It's about time someone put him in his place
Thank you for agreeing with me and confirming my point.

Traxs

Reaction score
Sherman didn't put anyone in their place. Anyone who is being honest with themselves knows he looked stupid. Young guy that was too jacked up. It's not that he attacked Skip, it's that he poorly articulated himself. The things he said were just stupid. Sherman better back it up on the field.

Wonder what Scheinder and Pete are thinking. Bet it isn't what most Hawks homers are saying.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1knyme4e said:
FargoHawk":1knyme4e said:

You can put someone in their place without stooping to name calling and "I'm better than you" like some 12 year old.

The entire sports media world would have been standing and cheering if Sherm would have just kept it to what he said during the last minute of the interview. But the reason people aren't is because Sherman made it personal and went down the juvenile name calling road.

Again, it's not hard to debate idiots like Bayless with a little more class and tact. That's all some of us are saying. No need to get nasty.

Throwdown

Reaction score
bubbrubb":katsryf7 said:
hah, been a seahawk fan my whole life, but holmgren era tested that. Sherm is annoying...I think he's a goof....I like the whole secondary but him. Just like the one poster said, you guys harp on Bayless/Smith for yapping uncontrollably, but Sherm is in same boat.

But he's arguably the best player in the secondary and you in all your genius said we should trade him. That's not going to go over well with anyone, whether you like him or not.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bubbrubb":1nyp9fxo said:

Dominating the NFC West more often than not and getting to the SB tested you? Man you're one hard man to please. And you're the one that called yourself a casual Seahawk fan, so I don't know what you're trying to defend here.

You like the whole secondary but him? ET and Sherm are the 2 best. Yeah, let's get rid of Sherm because "he's a goof". Weird how you've been a Seahawk fan your whole life but can't appreciate an all-pro shutdown corner. You can hate him as a person, but to not even want him on your team, is ridiculous.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Great job by Sherm. Bayless has been a bully that doesn't expect to have to be accountable for what he says as a lot of athletes are easygoing and let Skip get awat with that stuff (Lebron, Kobe). But some guys take him to task: Cuban, Suggs; and now Sherm.

Sherm brought facts (All-pro, statistics, Stanford grad) while Bayless only used opinion. Most of the time Sherm is cordial and upbeat with his trash talking, this time he decided to be the bad guy to take on the bully. Somewhere Lebron, Kobe, Flacco and other past targets are slow clapping.

Bayless is like the annoying goofs at the games that run their mouth about pro athletes knowing that they'll never have to answer for it, only this time the pro athlete brought the fight. Sherm is that dude.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":ex6z6p7d said:
FargoHawk":ex6z6p7d said:

Come on, man. Not even close. Skip does NOTHING but make a living talking about how he thinks other people are not doing their job well and he does so with a veil of authority that is only opinion masquerading as fact.

Richard Sherman shuts down one side of the football field for a living. In his spare time he inspires children to better themselves and set goals, he tweets counterarguments to people telling him he isn't as good as other players, and he's an engaging interview (see the NFL AM stuff). This one time he took a personal angle on an argument with the aforementioned man who makes a living by personally disparaging professional athletes.

People can say that commenting on athletes' play is not personal, but Skip says things like 'he didn't show up' or 'he didn't want it enough' when he could not possibly know those things. THAT is the ridiculousness of Skip Bayless, and those are the tamest examples. Sherman played him at his own game in one interview, but that's not what he does for a living. BIG difference.
Good, so you agree with me as well. Bayless makes things personal so Sherman "went there" and made things personal.

Again, The reasons people are complaining about Bayless are the same things Sherman did in this interview. Sherman has been great on NFLAM, Bleacher Report, and others but this was not good.

I strongly dislike Bayless and i LOVE Sherman but Bayless pulled him right into this trap and down to his level. Sherman has said that he talks to WRs to throw them off their game and unfortunately Bayless actually played Sherman the same way.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
Now, if Sherm could somehow show up on the Nancy Grace show and hand that nasty loud mouth bitch the same treatment.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sherman knows what he's doing. Just like that, he's signed with powerful agents Ben Dogra and Jimmy Sexton. Two of their clients are Mario Williams and Adrian Peterson. You may think Sherman looks foolish, but the guy's calculated and intelligent.

The agency also signed many of the the biggest names in the upcoming draft.

Ninerguy

Reaction score
Interesting read for 10+ pages.
I expected Hawk fans would like anything Sherman does but I cannot see how more of you do not see how this was way overboard and crossed the line. I have spoken to a few of my Hawk friends and tbh they are sensible and dont really like that Sherm went crazy like that. He should do just what he mentioned, "Let the tape speak for itself"! He has got his 15+ minutes of fame and he will get his money in a few seasons.(wait til you have to pay that bill :p )

My opinion is he completely reminds me of an even more crazed Terrel Owens, who never could just let his great play speak for him, instead he would seek out media attention and it always worked against him rather he saw it that way or not. Sharpie anyone?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":27bvaa6b said:
-The Glove-":27bvaa6b said:
FargoHawk":27bvaa6b said:

You can put someone in their place without stooping to name calling and "I'm better than you" like some 12 year old.

The entire sports media world would have been standing and cheering if Sherm would have just kept it to what he said during the last minute of the interview. But the reason people aren't is because Sherman made it personal and went down the juvenile name calling road.

Again, it's not hard to debate idiots like Bayless with a little more class and tact. That's all some of us are saying. No need to get nasty.

I disagree. Being on the show? That was the mistake. getting nasty with Bayless? Might as well, you are on his shitty show now. ONce you decide to swim in the sewer, own the stink. Even if Sherman had never opened the way he did, he was never asked onto that show to talk about charity work. The questions that followed later were intended to make him look like an ass. Bayless tried to set him up to disrespect the Niners (he didn't take the bait), disrespect the Redskins (thank goodness he didn't come out and say that if RGIII were healthy we still would have beat them), disrespect his teammates (the whole thing about him being so good because of our front 7 could have been a disaster if Sherm had pointed out the truth about just how they actually played down the stretch).

Sherm was told he was going to be on First Take to describe his SWAG charity. Most of you have only watched the snippet in the youtube video, right before the commercial break that preceded the show Sherman was described by Bayless as badmouthing Tom Brady (not true), getting slapped by a Skins player for talking trash (also not true), and not belonging in the same conversation as Revis (seeing as both have been voted all-pros, that is also untrue). The whole intent of the dialogue before the break was to Eff with Sherman just before he came on air.

Skip Bayless does this shit for money. If Sherm were not going to be on, I would never watch it. Bayless is a life long troll who built his career not on being good at journalism, but on being controversial. He came up in the newspaper biz and was hated by the readers in every city he was in, who could not wait to plunk their quarters down to read what the guy they hated would write tomorrow.

Keep in mind, thought, Sherm had to know what could happen before he agreed to be on this show. Don't forget, we are talking about the guy who trolled fans at the Super Bowl just to see the look on their faces when they realized they had been bagging on a pro player to his own face. ANd know that the next time Sherman does well, he will rub in in Skip's face. And the next time Sherman has a mistake, Bayless will rub it in the world's face. It won't matter how many rings Sherman has on his hand either.

And ESPN is laughing at all of us, all the way to the bank.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1kw7nr10 said:
Sherman knows what he's doing. Just like that, he's signed with powerful agents Ben Dogra and Jimmy Sexton. Two of their clients are Mario Williams and Adrian Peterson. You may think Sherman looks foolish, but the guy's calculated and intelligent.

What exactly are you implying?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ninerguy":x5jhzk3g said:
Interesting read for 10+ pages.
I expected Hawk fans would like anything Sherman does but I cannot see how more of you do not see how this was way overboard and crossed the line. I have spoken to a few of my Hawk friends and tbh they are sensible and dont really like that Sherm went crazy like that. He should do just what he mentioned, "Let the tape speak for itself"! He has got his 15+ minutes of fame and he will get his money in a few seasons.(wait til you have to pay that bill :p )

My opinion is he completely reminds me of an even more crazed Terrel Owens, who never could just let his great play speak for him, instead he would seek out media attention and it always worked against him rather he saw it that way or not. Sharpie anyone?
And yet, when given the chance on First take to talk shit about your Niners, he gave them props for winning the division. Respect. For the division winners.

jdblack

Reaction score
Sherm could have kept his cool better and stuck his stats to Skip (simply put: One season that matches Revis's best season should put Sherman in the conversation), but he wasn't hired for his ability to debate on national TV. Who cares if he gave a bad(ly articulated) interview? I only care if he helps take the Hawks to the next level by his play on the field, and I'll support him as long as he is a member of our team.

Go Hawks, and Go Sherm!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
FargoHawk":1zev5p64 said:
-The Glove-":1zev5p64 said:

What exactly are you implying?
That he's setting himself up to make a lot of money.