Are the Cardinals the Real Deal?? Predictions & Analysis

How Will The Cardinals Finish the Season? Will they Sustain their Success?

• 11 or more wins

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • 10-6

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • 9-7

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • 8-8

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 8 wins or less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Never been to worried about the Cardinals, especially after they began the 2012 season 4-0 under Ken Whisenhunt, to then go on to loose 11 of their next 12 games. I know that they can be a good team, especially considering they were the only team to come into Seattle over the past 2 years and win (up until the Cowboys game). This being said, during the offseason they have had injuries galore + suspensions removing most of their defensive talent. To be honest I am very surprised that they are at 6-1. Now one question remains... Can the Cardinals sustain their success for the remainder of the season or will their injuries/ suspensions catch up with them? They have a fairly tough schedule for the 2nd half of the season with most of their division games coming up in the last few weeks. Here is their remaining schedule with my predictions:

Week/ Opponent:

9) @ Cowboys - Loss
10) Rams - Win
11) Lions - Loss
12) @ Seahawks - Loss
13) @ Falcons - Win
14) Chiefs - Win
15) @ Rams - Loss
16) Seahawks - Loss
17) @ 49ers - Loss

Since the Cardinals have most of their divisional games coming up, a lot of their success will be dependent on how the Seahawks, Rams and 49ers are playing. Assuming the Seahawks and 49ers are playing as well as we all expect them to and the Rams continue to struggle I expect the Cardinals to finish the season 9-7. I think its probable they will end 10-6 but I like 9-7.

Can the Cardinals sustain their success for the remainder of the season or will their injuries/ suspensions catch up with them?

Crizilla

Reaction score
I actually am a firm believer in the Cards this year as a legit contender. Arians is really good..i dont see them collapsing. They've had QB issues this year (i think theyve had 3 different starters...?) and still 6-1. They have a stingy defense. they'll be 11-5 at worse. The Seahawks need to sweep them if they are to win the west

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Cards are legit. We can beat them if we can clean up the BS mistakes, but they're legit.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I think its all dependent on how the Hawks & 49ers play the remainder of the Season. If we can get our game up to the level it was last year and get on a run we should be able to take the division. Its all about getting hot at the right time, the next few weeks are the perfect time in the season to get on a heater to make a playoff push.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3i8vs3c4 said:
Cards are legit. We can beat them if we can clean up the BS mistakes, but they're legit.
This. We have to take care of business and be 7-3 and if they're 9-1 so be it. We leave for Thanksgiving 8-3 and 1 game behind with a mission to complete and finish in week 16.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Cards are for real this season. They are the class of the division unless the Hawks or Niners can unseat them.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. The Cards remaining schedule is not nearly as favorable as what they've had so far. I see 9-7, maybe10-6 in their future.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":10it1hxb said:
Zebulon Dak":10it1hxb said:
This. We have to take care of business and be 7-3 and if they're 9-1 so be it. We leave for Thanksgiving 8-3 and 1 game behind with a mission to complete and finish in week 16.

THIS.

Plus, IF we miss the playoffs. I'd rather see them make it than the suckyniners. :49ersmall:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Cards are plenty real today. I just don't think they will be by week 13. That they will lose their 2 game lead in the division.

In week 17 it will be Hawks/Niners and another season of offseason talk for the Cards.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
They're due for a big spanking, and the Seahawks will be on the upswing to deliver it to them.
Same for the Goats and Gold-Panner's of yore.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Cards are playing the hand they have been dealt and coming out on top in the majority of them. Who knows if they are for real...as of now they are 6-1. Philly has a piss poor secondary and it got exposed yesterday. The good thing about the Seahawk matchup with the Cards is a few weeks down the road so Maxwell and Lane should be back for those division games. NFC West and NFC as a whole is still up for grabs. Each team controls its fate.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think they have a legitimate chance at 13-3.

NINEster

Reaction score
Here's the problem with sweeping the Cards:

Seahawks haven't done that in how many years? I haven't checked the web, but can only imagine it would be pre-Carroll.

Any given Sunday but you gotta be realistic with expectations.

Sweeping the Cardinals year in and year out save for a season or two was an underrated accomplishment of the 49ers, and already they will not be doing that this year. I would be shocked to see Seattle do it, unless Arizona was sitting at 12-2 by that time that games comes along, just looking to coast.

Seahawks have to turn a lot around before thinking a win @KC, and @ PHI are foregone conclusions. KC and PHI nearly beat SF and PHI could have easily beat AZ (and I think KC will give AZ a tough game as well). And those teams did that on the road.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cardinals are good. They were good last year too, but they are even better this year. 10+ wins is pretty much a lock unless they get off their game. They are a tough team to play.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
They will fall like a house of Cards.

Bwahaha, house of Cards... get it?

themunn

Reaction score
NINEster":c5dq8qne said:
Here's the problem with sweeping the Cards:

Seahawks haven't done that in how many years? I haven't checked the web, but can only imagine it would be pre-Carroll.

I imagine it was in the year that we won the division with a losing record, but let's be real here, it's not like they've caused us massive fits - in 2011 we won at home and then lost in overtime on the road, in 2012 we lost the opener to them in Wilson's first ever game yet had 4 opportunities from within 10 yards to win it - then we followed it up by putting up down one of the biggest beatdowns this side of world war 2.
Last year we handled them easily at their place then sleepwalked through a game on offense where we intercepted Palmer 4 times, yet only managed 89 net passing yards (after allowing for sacks).

Sweeping them is hardly out of the question

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2m6jz0nn said:
I agree with the OP. The Cards remaining schedule is not nearly as favorable as what they've had so far. I see 9-7, maybe10-6 in their future.

Yeah but given they've already beat the Niners AND Eagles. Games in the offseason most thought they'd go 1-1 or even 0-2. I think outside of epic collapse. Niners and Hawks are going to be fighting for the only wildcard spot the NFCW may or may not get. Bottomline, we CANNOT lose to the Eagles, and unless the NIners beat the Cards AND we sweep the Cards as well. I think we're gonna need to sweep the Niners.

Good thing is as long as the first half team that player TB last year doesn't show up this Sunday. Hopefully this team can get some more of its swagger back against the Raiders before heading into the brutal stretch of the rest of this season.