Kubiak fired.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not surprising after last night

[urltargetblank]http://tracking.si.com/2013/12/06/gary-kubiak-fired-texans-coach/[/urltargetblank]

The Houston Texans have fired head coach Gary Kubiak, according to a report from Fox Sports reporter Jay Glazer.

The MMQB’s Peter King had previously tweeted that he expected Kubiak to be fired on Friday.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":4v0ito6m said:
Inevitable. Man, did anyone see that coming at the beginning of the year?

Nope, but that's what happens when you drop from super bowl favorites to what may be the worst record in the NFL

OrFan

Reaction score
Not surprised at all. The guy was too much of a control freak. Shaub has been around the NFL plenty long to be able to read defenses, yet Kubiak would not let him audible. Once he called the play, that was it. That is a recipe for disaster as we have seen.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1624xp8s said:
And here I thought Schiano was going to be the first one to go.

Beat me to it.

How in the world does a team with this much talent just completely run off the tracks like this, unless they are trying to get Johnny football in the Draft? Texans for Texas!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BTW, that has to be the best head coaching vacancy in ages. Tons and tons of talent on that team, and they're going to get great draft position. What do they even need besides a coach and a QB? They're loaded everywhere besides maybe their secondary. Might as well pencil in whoever takes the job as 2014 Coach of the Year.

Polaris

Reaction score
I think Lovie Smith has the inside track to the Texans job myself.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Something a friend mentioned to me:

How does Jon Gruden turn down this job (if offered)? Stacked roster and gets to pick any college QB he wants to head the program.

Axx

Reaction score
im surprised everyone here is surprised. I knew the texans were overrated garbage.
The Texans were that one team that would beat the bad teams and get crushed by good teams, New England (Twice), Greenbay, etc...

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
dontbelikethat":1p4qfra0 said:
And here I thought Schiano was going to be the first one to go.

I wonder how many guys took the Vegas odds on Kubiak being the first to go at the beginning of the season who are now planning on which Porsche to buy.

Heck, I wonder if Vegas was even offering odds on Kubiak to be the first to go at the beginning of the season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds a lot like the Dan Reeves Mike Shannihan situation coming, next coach will have the teams full attention and effort. Kubiacks handling of the QB situation cost him his job, he lost the team. Think Frazier is the next person maybe due to the same issues, Ryan in New York another same thing.

Latest posts