Kubiak fired.

The Radish

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3u9qu0gc said:
I mentioned this earlier in the thread: I don't think Gruden will ever find a more perfect situation. Houston already has talent at almost every position. They are headed for pole position in an absolutely stacked draft. Gruden is a college QB junky, and he can take any one he wants in this class. If he's ever going to come back, this would be the time. Unless he's waiting for Pete to retire in Seattle or something.

Sorry, I did see your comment and agree there is no better time for him to make the jump.

But!

When he made the jump from the Ray-Duhs to the Bucs he accomplished winning a SuperB owl but showed he couldn't keep it up and got fired in a few years. I think he learned a valuable lesson about himself. He can take someone elses team and make them champions but can't maintain that level.

His coaching legacy is secure if he stays an announcer for the rest of his life and in the long run probably makes more money without all the headaches than if he came back, has players and coworkers call him "Coach", and yadayada.

That's why I myself don't think you will ever seen him on the sidelines again.

:les:

Subzero717

Reaction score
Gruden has mentioned wanting to coach again recently. He may have to strike in this or the next off-season to land a gig that worthy. Look at Cowher.

As for the Texans job Mcnair has made it clear it will be an ecperienced HC. Lovie Smith would be the logical but his offenses sucked in Chi so.. I'll wait and see. I do not want Cable to ever leave.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Kubiak classy move.
Takes out full page add in Houston chronicle to say thanks.
ymenuvy6.jpg

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yea, he won't be unemployed long. I'm not sure what the problem is with the Texans, but it's not All his fault.
He has done some good things with that team.

Latest posts