In your opinion, does a trade make sense?

Trade?

• No

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • TE

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • WR

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • LB

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • OL

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • DL

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • CB

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

bbsplitter

Reaction score
If so, what position do you see as a need, and anyone specific you would want to target?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No.

Trades in the middle of year don't have a great record.

Besides, after the boneheaded way they released Percy - the FO should be in timeout.

I was anti-Harvin before it was cool, but even I wouldn't have cut the guy in the middle like that and traded him for a half-eaten bag of chips.

That timing derailed the team and probably contributed to the Rams loss more than any other factor.

kobebryant

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3f8euec9 said:
No.

Trades in the middle of year don't have a great record.

Besides, after the boneheaded way they released Percy - the FO should be in timeout.

I was anti-Harvin before it was cool, but even I wouldn't have cut the guy in the middle like that and traded him for a half-eaten bag of chips.

That timing derailed the team and probably contributed to the Rams loss more than any other factor.

They didn't release or cut Harvin

2_0_6

Reaction score
Id go with a tight end if Miller was going to be out longer than expected.

Aside from that, run with what we got.

CANHawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":2u6sj9lk said:
Barthawk":2u6sj9lk said:
i would totally trade James Carpenter for Suh and a conditonal 2nd round pick.. DO IT!
Pull the trigger Pete. This needs to happen yesterday.
Lol. Is that before or after you send Lions management a basket full of roofied muffins? Matt Millen wouldn't even agree to that trade...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"They didn't release or cut Harvin"

No. They "traded" him. For the equivalent of a $30 Costco gas card. So it might as well have been a release.

It was basically cutting a guy but trading him the NFL equivalent of loserville so he cannot end up hurting us later.

Again, this year the FO just is making plenty of missteps, not sure why.

So no, I don't trust their judgement on a trade. If they do trade for anyone, it will be the equivalent of a Mariner trade - where we get someone that never lives up to their billing in exchange for someone that we really need and turns out to be great later.

No trades in the middle of the year.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
only thing i'd really trade for is a blocking TE or a pass rusher at this point; neither of those are complex to fit into your system mid-season. Although i have the feeling that after seeing pierre-louis play well at LB, if Malcolm smith isn't seriously hurt and if wagner looks to be making his way back, irvin showed he could still get after the QB today so I wouldn't be surprised to see us working him more into the pass rushing rotation more than he has been.

razgriz737

Reaction score
CANHawk":2ptcrpru said:
razgriz737":2ptcrpru said:
Barthawk":2ptcrpru said:
i would totally trade James Carpenter for Suh and a conditonal 2nd round pick.. DO IT!
Lol. Is that before or after you send Lions management a basket full of roofied muffins? Matt Millen wouldn't even agree to that trade...
Personally I say we don't even bother with the 2nd round conditional and just swap Carp for Suh straight across, but Bart is trying to sweeten the deal a little bit here. Maybe we can also work out a deal where Tate will play for us during the Lions bye week.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Fairley went down so I don't think they trade Suh. I'd love to get a dominant center or LT though.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
In what fantasy world do we live in when Suh can be traded for Carp?

Tell me this is a joke.

Besides, homeboy is going to get PAID....and not by Seattle. Trade a player to rent one? PASS.

razgriz737

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1m3cp81u said:
In what fantasy world do we live in when Suh can be traded for Carp?

Tell me this is a joke.

Besides, homeboy is going to get PAID....and not by Seattle. Trade a player to rent one? PASS.
Jesus, of course it's a joke.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Barthawk":1xfw11sl said:

Why the hell would Detroit do that?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
razgriz737":1er7hfa0 said:
Barthawk":1er7hfa0 said:

John is an idiot for not doing this trade right now. Cmon man

LymonHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3lfp6rjz said:
razgriz737":3lfp6rjz said:
Barthawk":3lfp6rjz said:

John is an idiot for not doing this trade right now. Cmon man

I don't know...is Suh black enough?

firebee

Reaction score
Suh for Carpenter..... Hahahahhaha... That's the best laugh I've had in a while. Maybe Suh for Carpenter a 1st and an additional pick. Would love to see us try bringing in Suh next year after we resign Wilson if we have enough. He was raised in Portland, so we might get a little bit of a discount, but he's going to cost us if we go after him. Kevin Williams definitely won't be around anymore and, as much as I hate to say it; I think Mebane would be on his way out too if we brought in Suh. Even at a discount, he's going to chew up a lot of cap and I don't think we could keep Mebane if we brought Suh on board. That would be a brutal combination on the interior though... Quite possibly the best DT duo in NFL History.

Largent80

Reaction score
Harvin?= good riddance. And any other player that is a jackass, get the hell out.

O-Line, get some help but good luck with that.

Latest posts