Pick a Mock

Which Mock would you want to be right....

• Edge Will Anderson and WR Jaxon Njigba - Dan Jerimiah

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Edge Will Anderson and QB Anthony Richardson - Draft Network

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Edge Myles Murphy and WR Quentin Johnson - Pro Network

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • DT Calejah Kancey @9 and IOL John Smiltz - SB Nation

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • DT Jalen Carter and QB Anthony Richardson - The Ringer

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • DT Jalen Carter and DE Tuli Tiapulotu - Walters

Votes: 26 28.6%

• Total voters

morgulon1

Reaction score
A slightly undersized beast of a tackle with a relentless motor from Pittsburgh you say? Hmm, who does that remind us of.
Aaron Donald comes to mind , but I'm gonna take you on a trip to the past...

John Randle.

I met that man once for about 5 minutes and when I tell you he has some guns,
I am not joking .

morgulon1

Reaction score
And if he fails to live up to those expectations, he will be crucified by the mediots.
99% of the players do get the crucifixion treatment. I'm not so sure Seattle goes DE early, I say that because they have a lot tied up at the position group. Darrell Taylor , Boye Mafe (sp?) , Nwosu, and who ever I am forgetting.
I'm not saying I agree with this but based on what we've seen Seattle do...

ivotuk

Reaction score
... Meanwhile, teams like the Chiefs and Rams excel with lots of weapons on offense and a budget OL. The 49ers last season were a pretty good example that if you have enough weapons then it makes the QB's job easy and/or the QB isn't even that crucial depending on your view. Or look at the difference in Miami's offense over the last two years with and without Tyreek Hill...
KC won this year with one of the best Offensive Lines in the NFL. They got their asses kicked in the Superbowl against TB because they couldn't protect their QB. So they went out and invested in OLine.

AgentDib

Reaction score
KC won this year with one of the best Offensive Lines in the NFL. They got their asses kicked in the Superbowl against TB because they couldn't protect their QB. So they went out and invested in OLine.
Of course, I would restate that as "they went to the Super Bowl without being to protect their QB." And yes, they brought their spending up to 13th overall in 2022 due to franchising Brown, but they still had a very cheap C/RG/RT.
Budget OL? That was a damn good O Line.
Take a deeper look at it. Thuney was on a heavily backloaded contract, Humphrey was on a late 2nd rookie deal, Smith was on a 6th round rookie deal, and Wylie was a dirt cheap journey vet flyer. Orlando Brown was their only expensive piece at LT, and I fully agree that LT is a key position.

Another way to look at it is that the franchise tag for LT is cheaper than the WR franchise tag this year. Now consider how much less important the other OL positions are than LT, and NFL teams are saying that those positions are also much less important than WR.

CPHawk

Reaction score
A slightly undersized beast of a tackle with a relentless motor from Pittsburgh you say? Hmm, who does that remind us of.
I’m guessing lightning like that doesn’t strike twice. He’s probably going to be solid, but not dominant.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I’m guessing lightning like that doesn’t strike twice. He’s probably going to be solid, but not dominant.

Yes, it was more tongue in cheek. Donald is a generational talent, no one should expect that kind of production or career out of any prospect.

But Kancey is definitely an intriguing player to keep an eye on during the combine. My guess is he's going to work his way up a LOT of draft boards.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Richardson is a bust just waiting to happen.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Yes, it was more tongue in cheek. Donald is a generational talent, no one should expect that kind of production or career out of any prospect.

But Kancey is definitely an intriguing player to keep an eye on during the combine. My guess is he's going to work his way up a LOT of draft boards.
Well knowing JS and Pete, I’m sure they will notice this. But he was moving on the 40 at 4.7ish

Latest posts