Rumor: Rams Trade Aaron Donald to Seahawks???

Mizak

Reaction score

On Seattle Sports’ “Brock and Salk,” Brock Huard and Mike Salk discussed the idea.

Salk asked, “He’s a huge difference-maker. Would you trade the farm right now for Aaron Donald?”

And if you somehow got him? What about Adams?

Huard said, “You probably have to cut Jamal. You’d have to eat (Adams’) dead cap. And you’d probably need to have to free up (even more to have) enough cap space. So again, this would be an all-in [move].

Would you guys want Management to do it?

JPatera76

Reaction score
ultimately imo is a fun rumor... but ultimately a HUGE pipe dream what would never happen being in the same division.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Nah. Only because my gut and my eyes feel like Tavai is going to show up. Of course not on an Aaron Donald level but he’s going to bring the same intensity and a similar style of power and finesse and leverage traits.

Tavai is just one of the guys every time I dive deeper I get more and more excited about what he can bring to the table. He played in a 3-3-5 and one would think he would have been limited to one or two roles but he almost had equal snap splits aligning over 0/1 tech, 3/4i tech, and 5 tech/edge gaps and was productive within each role and responsibilities. He even could be counted on to drop down in the box from time to time, most D-Line/DT types can’t cover successfully so I wouldn’t count on him for that but it seems with his family background he at least can drop down in pseudo ILBer role and be comfortable with things like plug and fill as well as pursuit and tackle.

I’m just saying if I’m the Seahawks, I’m fine with rolling with the guys I have now and seeing how they fit in and how they step-up or be coached up and how they perform and progress before I’m selling the future to fill needs. The trade deadline seems like a good enough time frame to understand what I’ve got and if I need more.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Right, sure thing. This trade would happen just after we all noticed that pigs really can fly.

Silly stuff!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Donald a few years ago and I’d jump all over it, but at the end of last year there was speculation he was close to retiring. I wouldn’t want to do a blockbuster deal for a player that might be ready to walk away at any time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd hope we learned our lesson with the Adams trade, and he was younger than Donald.

We can also assume the asking price would be at least a couple 1st rounders. No thanks, as much as I'd love to see it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Can we please try to understand the difference between "rumor" and "speculation".

Rumor: "Hey, the guy that cuts my hair heard some guy from the Seahawks accounting department say they're considering trading for Aaron Donald."

Speculation: "I think I'll write some stupid internet piece about how the Seahawks should trade for Aaron Donald".

Both are very much unlikely to happen, but at least the first scenario exists in a world where SOMEONE thinks they heard something that might be real. The reader can judge for his or her self.

The second is, as my friend Steve Utz says so often, the Silly Season.

GemCity

Reaction score
Even if there were some truth to it, no.

You don’t give up the farm for a guy that was talking about retirement…even if his name is Aaron Donald.

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

On Seattle Sports’ “Brock and Salk,” Brock Huard and Mike Salk discussed the idea.

Salk asked, “He’s a huge difference-maker. Would you trade the farm right now for Aaron Donald?”

And if you somehow got him? What about Adams?

Huard said, “You probably have to cut Jamal. You’d have to eat (Adams’) dead cap. And you’d probably need to have to free up (even more to have) enough cap space. So again, this would be an all-in [move].

Would you guys want Management to do it?
Nope. Roll with what we got for now.

Mix

Reaction score
I heard we were getting Donald, and Kupp, plus Chase Young thrown in as part of a three way trade where we send a 6th to LA and a 7th to WAS. The guy I heard it from then hit his legal and easy to obtained meth pipe again.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I suppose if we had aging stars and this was our last hurrah to win the SB.. yes
but..

We have a young team thats capable of winning big for the long term and the only way can maintain it is to keep our future draft picks.