Pick a Mock

Which Mock would you want to be right....

• Edge Will Anderson and WR Jaxon Njigba - Dan Jerimiah

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Edge Will Anderson and QB Anthony Richardson - Draft Network

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Edge Myles Murphy and WR Quentin Johnson - Pro Network

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • DT Calejah Kancey @9 and IOL John Smiltz - SB Nation

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • DT Jalen Carter and QB Anthony Richardson - The Ringer

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • DT Jalen Carter and DE Tuli Tiapulotu - Walters

Votes: 26 28.6%

• Total voters

Mase

Reaction score
-- Looking around some of the mocks out there, just deciding if one of them had to be right, which would I want it to be. I assume the Anderson, Carter, Richardson options are going to win in a blow out, but let's see. No combining, no adjustments, just you can make a wish that one of these drafts is correct. Not sure what we get for moving down with Carolina, but doesn't matter for this question. Which one?

Mase

sdog1981

Reaction score
I like Walters's mock drafts this time of year his go 4 rounds without a paywall.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Went with two front 7 guys. I’m sure neither of those WRs would be like Eskridge but haven’t we learned our lesson in poor prioritization of WR vs line?

James in PA

Reaction score
Combine can't get here soon enough. Im officially on the Richardson bandwagon. If we could somehow land Carter or Anderson AND Richardson, that would be insane!

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
i picked carter and richardson but i would be jumping if we got Dline and the best interior OLine in the draft at 20

Scout

Reaction score
I can't believe people are mocking a WR to this team in the 1st round 🤦🏽‍♂️
This is true.

Plenty of quality prospects in rounds 2-5 that can come in and compete as #3 or #4 WR spots.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I voted for DT Calejah Kancey @9 and IOL John Smiltz primarily because I think it's the most realistic of the choices (and I'm I big fan of Kancay). In a prefect world I would pick DT Jalen Carter and QB Anthony Richardson. However my guess is that Carter is gone at 5 and Richardson is gone at 20.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Regardless of who is available at #5 you can bet the ranch that Pete and John will make the public announcement that they in fact got the player they wanted most.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I think we trade down with the raiders, getting their 7pick and 38 pick. Still land a top 10 player, and also get 3-2nd rounders. I believe we can get Kansey with the 2nd first round pick, unless he just blows up at the combine.

Last edited:

AgentDib

Reaction score
I can't believe people are mocking a WR to this team in the 1st round 🤦🏽‍♂️
I might be in the minority here but I think we should be drafting WR early and/or often every year. It's one of the highest leverage positions and if you hit on one then it helps your whole offense. Missing on Eskridge bolsters the argument for trying more often not less often.

Pre-combine, I would love it if JSN was still there at #20. Slot receiver is now a starting role in the NFL and JSN has elite potential there with great route running and a knack for finding open spots in zones. In addition to being productive, a good slot WR would open up many more 1v1 opportunities for Metcalf and Lockett on the sidelines. It also softens up the running game because their linebackers and safeties have to respect the play action.

We could also use a Lockett backup/eventual replacement at flanker/Z along with another split end/X. Dareke spelled DK regularly but only had two targets in 109 snaps. DK has been an ironman but injury risk is way too high in the NFL not to have a third guy in there to compete at the critical X position.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Best player in the draft is Anderson, not the biggest need for this team, but hard to pass on if he is there at 5. QB at 20 is very good value if Geno is on a short term deal. Seems like a Schneider type guy.

If they had Anderson at #5 and Bryan Breese at #20, I’d roll with that.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I might be in the minority here but I think we should be drafting WR early and/or often every year. It's one of the highest leverage positions and if you hit on one then it helps your whole offense. Missing on Eskridge bolsters the argument for trying more often not less often.

Pre-combine, I would love it if JSN was still there at #20. Slot receiver is now a starting role in the NFL and JSN has elite potential there with great route running and a knack for finding open spots in zones. In addition to being productive, a good slot WR would open up many more 1v1 opportunities for Metcalf and Lockett on the sidelines. It also softens up the running game because their linebackers and safeties have to respect the play action.

We could also use a Lockett backup/eventual replacement at flanker/Z along with another split end/X. Dareke spelled DK regularly but only had two targets in 109 snaps. DK has been an ironman but injury risk is way too high in the NFL not to have a third guy in there to compete at the critical X position.
Yeah, I'm probably at the far extreme from you on this one. I respect your opinion and thoughts but I think people overvalue WR so much in the NFL. I will always believe you build from the trenches, not from skill positions. WR's are a dime a dozen, rarely would I ever consider spending a 1st round pick on one, and certainly not in the situation where I already have one of the top duos in the league. That pick is needed in at least 5 other positions over another WR.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm probably at the far extreme from you on this one. I respect your opinion and thoughts but I think people overvalue WR so much in the NFL. I will always believe you build from the trenches, not from skill positions. WR's are a dime a dozen, rarely would I ever consider spending a 1st round pick on one, and certainly not in the situation where I already have one of the top duos in the league. That pick is needed in at least 5 other positions over another WR.
That's certainly been the logic in the past and our 2005 team was obviously driven by the OL. With the right OC I'd probably be on board with you.

I'm just not sure that's true globally these days with the continuing changes to offensive football. The Browns were great in the trenches in many of those years, arguably #1 overall at times, but tanked because they didn't have the QB or weapons. Meanwhile, teams like the Chiefs and Rams excel with lots of weapons on offense and a budget OL. The 49ers last season were a pretty good example that if you have enough weapons then it makes the QB's job easy and/or the QB isn't even that crucial depending on your view. Or look at the difference in Miami's offense over the last two years with and without Tyreek Hill.

In my view the modern priority is all about QB and then facilitating or hindering the QBs play. Pass blockers at tackle, pass rushers on defense, pass catchers on offense, pass defenders on defense. Yes, we might get run over like we did last season but the idea is that you can find help in the running game later on in the draft and for cheaper value in FA. Run stoppers like Byron Young (AL), Keeanu Benton, Mazi Smith, Jaquelin Roy, Ade Ade, Zacch Pickens, Jerrod Clark, and Moro Ojomo are going to be there long after the elite weapons and pass rushers are off the board.

I would consider a Quenton Nelson/Bijan Robinson type early in the draft because a truly dominant running game also make things easier for the QB. The dropoff is just less in my view as you wait longer to fill those needs. I'm not that confident that Torrence is going to be better for us than Broeker, or even that Schmitz is going to be better for us than Oluwatimi. Outside zone stretch should let us make hay with less resources.

Put yourselves in the shoes of a defensive coordinator going against the Seahawks. What would scare you more, having O'Cyrus Torrence on the other side or JSN lined up in the slot?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Athletic's Nick Baumgardner released his this morning.

He has us taking Tyree Wilson at #5 and Bryan Bresee at #20, which I would be totally okay with.

Another recent Athletic mock had up trading down with CAR to #9 and drafting QB Anthony Richardson and then grabbing Edge Myles Murphy at #20, which would be okay with me as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
And if he fails to live up to that stigma, he will be crucified by the mediots.

True, but if you're John and Pete and love you some secret motivational traits of your draft picks, this would be one they'd latch onto.

Honestly, I'd be cool with just about any of these scenarios. Which is why I'll probably be disappointed when John trades down six times to draft a bunch of dudes I've never heard of.