In your opinion, does a trade make sense?

Trade?

• No

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • TE

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • WR

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • LB

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • OL

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • DL

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • CB

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
firebee":3t31x3i1 said:
Suh for Carpenter..... Hahahahhaha... That's the best laugh I've had in a while. Maybe Suh for Carpenter a 1st and an additional pick. Would love to see us try bringing in Suh next year after we resign Wilson if we have enough. He was raised in Portland, so we might get a little bit of a discount, but he's going to cost us if we go after him. Kevin Williams definitely won't be around anymore and, as much as I hate to say it; I think Mebane would be on his way out too if we brought in Suh. Even at a discount, he's going to chew up a lot of cap and I don't think we could keep Mebane if we brought Suh on board. That would be a brutal combination on the interior though... Quite possibly the best DT duo in NFL History.

razgriz737":3t31x3i1 said:
SouthSoundHawk":3t31x3i1 said:
In what fantasy world do we live in when Suh can be traded for Carp?

Tell me this is a joke.

Besides, homeboy is going to get PAID....and not by Seattle. Trade a player to rent one? PASS.
Jesus, of course it's a joke.

jake206

Reaction score
Nobody's gonna get a decent OL from a trade. TE is doable though.

Largent80

Reaction score
jake206":1eagc5gj said:

Why trade for TE when Miller is ready to return, Willson had a pretty good game yesterday and Helfet has looked good as well?

jake206

Reaction score
Largent80":4qx0jkpy said:
jake206":4qx0jkpy said:

Why trade for TE when Miller is ready to return, Willson had a pretty good game yesterday and Helfet has looked good as well?

A decent TE can help the line and give a big target to Wilson. Can never have too many of those. Both Willson and Helfet have not been consistent enough. Too many drops.

marko358

Reaction score
jake206":3ex2i31z said:
Largent80":3ex2i31z said:
jake206":3ex2i31z said:

A decent TE can help the line and give a big target to Wilson. Can never have too many of those. Both Willson and Helfet have not been consistent enough. Too many drops.

I'm not a fan of losing draft picks to stock up for a position where we're getting serviceable results. With Wilson back, and Miller back in the near future, I don't think TE makes the top 10 list for needs that require addressing.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
At this time of the season, no one will part with a good OL. The guys that the Seahawks need are already starting for their respective teams and the teams would be pretty stupid to part with them right now. So that ain't happening. If the Seahawks wanted they could pick up Eric Winston or even Bryant McKinnie who are proven vets. They could do that without any trade. They haven't done so. So I believe they are satisfied with what they have for the time being.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We are a team that's should be good for the foreseeable future, so I'm only OK with giving up picks for players if that player is going to be here for at least 2-3 years.

I'm not OK with band aid fixes for this year, draft picks are just too valuable in this league to give them away for a player who's going to be gone after the year's over. This is not the Broncos, we don't need to mortgage the future with insane contracts and trades because Peyton's neck ain't getting any younger.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":mv9n25hk said:
"They didn't release or cut Harvin"

No. They "traded" him. For the equivalent of a $30 Costco gas card. So it might as well have been a release.

It was basically cutting a guy but trading him the NFL equivalent of loserville so he cannot end up hurting us later.

Again, this year the FO just is making plenty of missteps, not sure why.

So no, I don't trust their judgement on a trade. If they do trade for anyone, it will be the equivalent of a Mariner trade - where we get someone that never lives up to their billing in exchange for someone that we really need and turns out to be great later.

No trades in the middle of the year.

Didn't we get Marshawn Lynch in a trade during the NFL season?

jblaze

Reaction score
One thing that may allow us to make a trade here when we normally wouldn't is the amount of comp picks we'll get this next offseason. We're likely looking at 5-7 comp picks in addition to what we'll have ourselves. Already, we're sitting at 11-14 picks in the draft. Typically our FO likes 11-12 picks as a sweet spot so they can use some of those picks now or next year to move around a bit.

Comp picks look like this to me:

Tate - 3rd (going to pro bowl, is balling out right now)
Browner - 4th
Giacommini - 5th
Thurmond - 6th
McDonald - 6th
Maragos - 7th (maybe no pick at all here)
McQuistan - 7th (maybe no pick at all here)

I think this abundance of picks allows us to go get someone now or move around a bit in next year's draft. Might give us more ammo to make a trade now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm surprised the Raiders haven't offered six first rounders for Lynch, seems like a perfect fit.........city and his personality.