I'm not satisfied with repeating

Erebus

Reaction score
We need to get better, so we need a goal to strive for above and beyond just repeating. If you aren't getting better in this league, you're getting worse, because other teams are getting better.

The next step would be to go 19-0. We lost our games by a combined 15 points last year, so it's a realistic goal.

Make it happen Pete and John.

themunn

Reaction score
So you're saying if we go 12-4 next year and win the superbowl you won't be satisfied

ok

Jbo

Reaction score
I will take any record as long as we get there and win, it will be hard to go undefeated for the fact of our division we r in is the toughest in the nfl and teams will be gunning for us!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Aaaaahhh, the wonderful obsession of caring HOW a team wins. They won the SUPERBOWL, it doesn't get any "better" than that. :141847_bnono:

Newsflash: THEY ARE NOT GOING UNDEFEATED.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd be happy if we did exactly the same thing next year..

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I'd be completely satisfied if we went 8-8, backed into the postseason as a 6th seed, and went on to win the SB on a fluke play by 1 point.

It's the freakin' Super Bowl. Teams just don't repeat every couple of years. Repeating is HARD.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Umm when is winning the Superbowl not the goal?

Rhetorical question. The answer is when you are Indianapolis or Texas!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plus, they only won by 5 Touchdowns, yeah, what a horrible performance. And how could anyone be "satisfied" with that? :34853_doh:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Erebus":4bi7nlcj said:
We need to get better, so we need a goal to strive for above and beyond just repeating.

Psst, there is no "above and beyond just repeating" if you just won the SB.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Alot of things have to go your way in order to win a SB. Talent alone is not enough. You have to have a couple breaks go your way *cough*injuries*cough*.

I think the better goal would be to have a good offseason and bring everyone in healthy and let the cards fall where they may.

OP
OP
E

Erebus

Reaction score
Geez, tough crowd. I guess I failed to convey my point, which happens a lot around here. I would love to repeat, but I think the goal shouldn't be to maintain the status quo. So we should strive for a perfect season. Always aim higher than your true goal.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Erebus":1k87nd05 said:
Geez, tough crowd. I guess I failed to convey my point, which happens a lot around here. I would love to repeat, but I think the goal shouldn't be to maintain the status quo. So we should strive for a perfect season. Always aim higher than your true goal.
Nobody can argue with that.

Thanks for ruining a good thread. :sarcasm_off:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have no idea what I'll feel next year, but I know how I feel now and I don't think anything in the football world can top it

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Erebus":36bwqfm0 said:

If the status quo is World Champions, then we should absolutely maintain the status quo.

By the way, the team strove for a perfect season last year. 1-0 each week, remember?

Latest posts