I'm not satisfied with repeating

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Erebus":29q48ab7 said:
Geez, tough crowd. I guess I failed to convey my point, which happens a lot around here. I would love to repeat, but I think the goal shouldn't be to maintain the status quo. So we should strive for a perfect season. Always aim higher than your true goal.

If there's a team, coach, GM and owner in the history of the NFL that will stay hungry.......it's this team.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
There's no reason to doubt Pete's commitment to "Win Forever".

He and John (and the coaching staff) will do whatever it takes to get us back to the #1 seed in the NFC... and the short path to SB XLIX.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Dateline Seattle 2016 - Seahawks go undefeated thoughout the season, win Super Bowl, all while blindfolded with one hand tied behind their backs ... one fan still believes they could do more. :roll:

Chapow

Reaction score
Erebus":1by91ld2 said:
Geez, tough crowd. I guess I failed to convey my point, which happens a lot around here. I would love to repeat, but I think the goal shouldn't be to maintain the status quo. So we should strive for a perfect season. Always aim higher than your true goal.

Right now the status quo is Super Bowl Champions, one of the best defenses of all time, top 10 offense in points per game, great special teams, great front office, probably the best GM/HC combo in the league, etc.

If the Seahawks are able to maintain that status quo in this salary cap, free agency day and age it will be damn near a miracle.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We're not going undefeated next year.. so lets just end that right now.

That target on their back just grew even bigger.. we were already getting motivated teams trying to knock us off because we were the best team in the league on paper.. now they're the best team in the league by results.

This division is going to be a blood bath.. I think the realistic goal is 12/13 wins again and try to once again wrap up HFA in the playoffs.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Why couldn't they bring back the Sonics too?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
So the Seahawks go undefeated this year and win the Super Bowl again.

Next year it's: "I won't be satisfied until they have a perfect season and break every NFL record in existence."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Think how corny that statement is: "I'm not satisfied with REPEATING"
As in, not being satisfied about BACK TO BACK SUPERBOWL TITLES. :rofl: :rofl:

bigcc

Reaction score
record wise the nfcW had the 2nd best record of all time outside the division, 1st when playoffs included.

It won't happen in the NFCW (or the NFL for that matter) anytime soon. The rams are younger than we are and gave up a pretty good fight with their freakin QB out over half the season.

In 7 games Bradford had 1687 yards 14 td's 4 ints...

prorated thats 3856 32 td's and 9ints, and they have a ton of high picks.... again.

And that's just the worst team in our division at 7-9.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is already one of the legendary teams of the past decade.

That in itself should be payback for years of losing.

This team played incredible football against almost every team they faced. I remember being very worried about the Carolina game, and it turned out that Carolina was a pretty damned good team. But the defense on this team got better and better, it was a like a room where the walls were squeezing closer. By the end of the year going against the defense was like being thrown into a dark closet, a closet filled with rusty barbed wire and angry snakes. And a guy with a sledgehammer that wants to smash people in the ribs.

10 years from now, if people are still playing video games, you will probably be able to dial up the 2013 Seahawks as one of the All Star options for greatest teams and one of the best defenses. Like that Baltimore team with Dilfer and a stifling defense, or the 85 Bears - it goes down as one that will not be lumped in with all the others.

For that fact alone, even if the team does nothing else for 5+ years (doubtful though) it will still have been an amazing accomplishment beyond even the typical SB winner.

We watched one of the great teams bullrush through its schedule to dominate in a SB. And it was one of ours.

Latest posts