Should we begin to wonder if Russell's height is a problem?

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
I wanted Russell drafted by the Hawks because I didn't think his height was a problem and I know we have put this to rest for awhile now but his recent struggles are getting that bad thought in my head again.Have defenses started to use his lack of height against him, is he not being effective in the passing game because teams are playing him in a way were he can't see his receivers and do ya think their is a bit of doubt by him in his own game right now?, if you feel so, how do you think he will counter it? Maybe the struggles have nothing to do with his height but what do ya think? Has he hit a ceiling?

Exittium

Reaction score
You tell me did his height seem like an issue on that 51 yrd pass to Baldwin? or the TD by Kearse? OOOR maybe it seems like an easy out to say because we have really just face some really really good defenses and need some work on our Offense. Also we're a run 1st team.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
No, his height is not a problem.

For the "problem" see hurries, hits and sacks.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Well his "struggles" last game were because the oline failing to stop the blitz on numerous occasions. sf has a beast of a defensive line. Overall I feel he did okay. We have been playing decent defenses lately so I hope that is some of what has been going on. I also think that bevell can be a little vanilla on his playcalling. I could be wrong, hopefully not. I guess time will tell. :)

strohmin

Reaction score
what is with these stupid threads. Did we somehow lose our spot in the Superbowl?

Hawkboi

Reaction score
What height are we talking about? He's the tallest QB on the field at any time... Not a problem...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick must be too tall. After all, isn't he the one that committed three 4th quarter turnovers in a razor close NFCCG? Isn't he the one that under-threw his receivers?

Come on, man. Every QB is different. Their vision is different, their hands are different, their speed is different, their strength is different. Is anyone asking if Peyton Manning is too slow? If Tom Brady is too stiff? No. This coaching staff knows what Russell Wilson is and schemes accordingly. What we know now is that he is a pro-level quarterback who just took us to the Super Bowl and carried us to several wins this season. Get off the height issue.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honestly, if Russell was 6'2-6'3 he'd still be shorter than his Oline.

Sometimes if a dudes got it, he's got it, and Russell has it 100 fold.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":3p4kmebb said:

Well done again Throw, gotta agree with you. The majority of NFL QBs are still shorter than most if not all of their o-lineman, expect maybe Ryan Mallett (6'6) of the Pats and Brock Osweiler (6'7) of the Broncos, who are the exceptions.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bench warmer's say the darndest things. My bet is this is a Niner troll trying to cause a stir.

xCalibur

Reaction score
the problem with our offense of late is that we have no true number one wr...with Rice out and what seems to be always hurt...we have no big wr with speed that can help spread out the defenses and keep them honest. Baldwin and Tate are both very small. Harvin has been a waste and a disappointment. I will be looking closely to see what we do in the off season to fix this one glaring problem we have...will we resign Rice with his over priced contract or let him go. Will we give Harvin another year to prove he can play more then a couple games...and also, Tate will be needing a new contract.....As far as Kearse...while he has made some big plays...he is inconsistant and no number one or even a number two...i think he goes if we trade or draft a real number one WR....Baldwin is clutch and we cannot ever let him go in FA....So no....the problems have not been Wilson, it is oout Wr corps and the defenses we have played.

drdiags

Reaction score
You can start worrying. I am going to accept that Wilson is what he is and as he matures he can get better. He will never get taller so until he leaves or is replaced, he is your starter.

Rob12

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Man, this gets old. We have to hear it from everyone else, and now here as well? Come on OP... You know better than this.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":186oks71 said:
Throwdown":186oks71 said:

Well done again Throw, gotta agree with you. The majority of NFL QBs are still shorter than most if not all of their o-lineman, expect maybe Ryan Mallett (6'6) of the Pats and Brock Osweiler (6'7) of the Broncos, who are the exceptions.
Yeah,, That stupid ass Donko's have Brock Osweiler, and he a lot taller than that dumb Peyton Manning, but those idiots have BO standing on the sidelines with a clip board, go figger.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
This wasn't a conversation anyone was having last year or the majority of this one. Look: if you take the number 1 and 2 receivers away from a QB and decimate his line for the majority of a season, you're going to see a less-effective QB. Simple as that. Rice wasn't a 10/120/1 WR, but he was a long, savvy vet with good fundamentals. He made a number of clutch catches as a Seahawk. Percy is Percy. Cable held the line together with baling wire and spittle. What's a man to do?

Also, keep in mind: the playoffs court conservative playbooks. Wilson is not going to be bombing the field when he's up by 6 late in a game.