Should we begin to wonder if Russell's height is a problem?

aawolf

Reaction score
I'm almost tired of posting this, and it should be pointed out to ALL TALKING HEADS AND MEDIA PEOPLE--twitter folks need to point this out (I'm not on twitter because I can't keep up with that crap):

Russell Wilson is second ALL TIME in TDs over his first two seasons--surpassing the great Payton Manning, and lagging significantly behind Dan Moreno. This stat alone puts him in elite company, which shows height isn't an issue in scoring when he has to. He is on a path to surpass Peyton Manning as the greatest of all time (too early to tell if he will be as great, but the stats certainly support that he's on his way to greatness).

Russell Wilson is first ALL TIME in wins for a second year player--he beat this stat during the regular season, which shows he is a winner. The fact that the media likes to point out is how much better Seattle, as a team, is compared to other teams with second year QBs. Its worth pointing out that before Wilson, Seattle was a non-playoff team in a bad conference, that was one year removed from a 7-9 playoff berth in a historically bad conference. Its a stretch to say that Seattle was a better team than the whole league without Russell Wilson. Dude's a winner.

Still think his height is that much of a factor with these all-time record breaking stats?

Seeker

Reaction score
Seattle fans have got to be the only fans to make it into the superbowl and think their qb is a problem.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I know some people hate the "what if" game, but imagine if he's throws that corner route to Kearse a few inches shorter in the first quarter and / or hits the other corner route to Kearse in the third? He came that close to putting up a mid 200 yard game against what is considered one of the best defenses in the NFL. There aren't a lot of QBs who were going to do better based on the pressure coming at him

jdblack

Reaction score
Russell Wilson's height is a problem, no question about it. Height is also a problem for Brees, and was for HOF QB Tarkenton.

Just like those QBs, Wilson can still be an elite quarterback. Every QB in the league has positives (NOT problems) and negatives (Problems).

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think it'd be silly to say it's not a factor at all, but with a 27-9 NFL record so far, I doubt it's a big problem as long as our defense remains tough.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Seeker":1wq16m1h said:
Seattle fans have got to be the only fans to make it into the superbowl and think their qb is a problem.

Hold on, now:

51981095.jpg.CROP.article250-medium.jpg

The man can't even hold the trophy right.

BamKam

Reaction score
I have been critical of RWs recent play but last weekend he played great I think. He looked much worse against the Saints, sans the first play fumble hard to really criticize his overall performance. We scored 23 on a great SF defense and he was a large part of that.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
As Terry Bradshaw handed him the George Halas Trophy that serves as an appetizer for the Superbowl, instead of telling him "you know you're not supposed to take your team to the Superbowl in your second season", what he should have said was "You know you're too short to play in the Superbowl. Must be this tall to ride that ride."

Inspector

Reaction score
They've played conservatively.

I hear Wilson has been seeing a shrink.

My theory is that he needs to because it's hard to hold back.

This game. This game, he'll play all out.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1xtlknv8 said:
HawkWow":1xtlknv8 said:
No shit? Do you mean he's taller than Russ even when sitting down?

I'm afraid so. He's got excellent armchair vision. And, I mean, you should see him toss the football through his backyard tire swing. Still got it!

LOL. If he's hanging with brother Mark, he can now probably throw a ball 300 yds from that seated position. ; )

stonewallj799

Reaction score
Hawkboi":1913bi6v said:
What height are we talking about? He's the tallest QB on the field at any time... Not a problem...

Hahahahaha. That had me laughing so freaking hard. Seriously people I thought we were long past these questions.