It Is Important To Note

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
That the Seahawks are 21-7 with Russell Wilson under Center.

I'm not going to give sole credit because their are 53 plus many more who aren't with the Seahawks who contributed over the last year and half.

But that is pretty incredible that this team and last year as won 75% of their games especially considering we have a 5'10, 205 pound 3rd round QB running the the show.

I think its time for everyone to get off Luck's Balls and start acknowledging what Wilson has done in the league despite his physical disadvantages and short-comings especially without getting a HoF WR and the Starting job right off the bat like Luck did.

Giblien

Reaction score
What tv shows are you guys watching? The pundits have been praising him non-stop.

BASF

Reaction score
Rocket":3bb9h6r9 said:
He's a force...

He wields the Force. Russell Wilson IS a Jedi.

I'd like to point out that five of those seven losses featured fourth quarter leads that the defense pissed away.

kf3339

Reaction score
I have a strong feeling when all is said and done that Wilson will have the best career numbers including number of Superbowl championships than all of the QB's in his class.

That will be his way of telling all the other 31 teams that didn't draft him to go screw themselves.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kf3339":2so53dq5 said:
I have a strong feeling when all is said and done that Wilson will have the best career numbers including number of Superbowl championships than all of the QB's in his class...COMBINED

That will be his way of telling all the other 31 teams that didn't draft him to go screw themselves.

Fixed it for you.

Tical21

Reaction score
The folks her are awfully tough on Luck. The Seahawks are still probably better than the Colts at every position group on the field. I would think if Wilson was on the Colts and Luck was on the Seahawks, you could probably flip their win/loss totals. We love Wilson, very rightfully so, but what Luck has done has been downright amazing in its own right.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":1057m5f5 said:
The folks her are awfully tough on Luck. The Seahawks are still probably better than the Colts at every position group on the field. I would think if Wilson was on the Colts and Luck was on the Seahawks, you could probably flip their win/loss totals. We love Wilson, very rightfully so, but what Luck has done has been downright amazing in its own right.
It is but I can't agree with your conclusion given this is Wilson's first game with HIS Reggie Wayne.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2se5azt4 said:

I like Andrew Luck, but what exactly is "amazing" about taking a team that averaged ten wins per season the five years before he got there and leading them to about ten wins again? Yes, that average includes the effortless 2011 season.

slipwax

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":blb6ks9r said:
Tical21":blb6ks9r said:

I like Andrew Luck, but what exactly is "amazing" about taking a team that averaged ten wins per season the five years before he got there and leading them to about ten wins again? Yes, that average includes the effortless 2011 season.

Well, it is because of that 2-14 season. That team average you're throwing out there was lead by one of the best, if not the best, QB's of all time. Luck's the only QB to have more 4th quarter comebacks than RW, with what most would consider a less talented roster. I'm not saying I'd take him over Russell, but he has been great in his first 2 seasons

kf3339

Reaction score
slipwax":14qbqyds said:
SoCalSeahawk":14qbqyds said:
Tical21":14qbqyds said:

Well, it is because of that 2-14 season. That team average you're throwing out there was lead by one of the best, if not the best, QB's of all time. Luck's the only QB to have more 4th quarter comebacks than RW, with what most would consider a less talented roster. I'm not saying I'd take him over Russell, but he has been great in his first 2 seasons

Are you referring to the 2-14 season where the Colts did everything, and I mean everything in their power to guarantee the worst record in the league in order to pick Andrew Luck in the draft?

Vetamur

Reaction score
You actually believe the Colts tried to get that record? Go look it up. Cant believe people still believe this. If they were trying to lose, then why did every one responsible get fired? If it was the plan, then why was the team president fired, along with the head coach? If they were under orders to tank it, why would they get fired? And if they were under orders, but were fired anyway, why wouldnt they say something about it? If they were trying to tank it, why did they go through 3 QBs? If one was losing, why not stick with him if youre trying to lose? How does any of what actually happened make any sense if they were tanking it? People just stick with an attractive narrative despite the facts sometimes..

slipwax

Reaction score
Vetamur":4j55quin said:
You actually believe the Colts tried to get that record? Go look it up. Cant believe people still believe this. If they were trying to lose, then why did every one responsible get fired? If it was the plan, then why was the team president fired, along with the head coach? If they were under orders to tank it, why would they get fired? And if they were under orders, but were fired anyway, why wouldnt they say something about it? If they were trying to tank it, why did they go through 3 QBs? If one was losing, why not stick with him if youre trying to lose? How does any of what actually happened make any sense if they were tanking it? People just stick with an attractive narrative despite the facts sometimes..

Yep. Coaches and executives are trying to keep their jobs. You don't tank a season when you're going to get canned in the end. That's not to say that the backup QB's were any good, cause they were crap. But the coaches are still gonna do everything they can to win.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The problem with the Colts isn't that they tanked the season, its everyone who thinks they are a good team just because of Andrew Luck.

The Colts are a lucky team as well as a Smart team. They are lucky because they got prime selection in the draft, in an era where rookies are slotted pay grade, and with that they hit on most of their draft choices in a big way.

Not only that... they had the luxury to change their business model from evolving around Manning to one of a competitive nature.

They kept a strong veteran nucleus, blew up the team and then signed a strong group of misfit free agents, some... actually many with first day draft pedigree. They hit on lot of young talent as well with this competition mantra including an impressive MLB in Jerell Freeman.

Almost sounds like this one team I know, even to the point of trading for a former top ten draft pick RB malcontent, the only difference was getting a franchise QB with the 1st pick rather than playing the board and getting one with the 75th pick.

Colts had it easier because they could have drafted the best player available in 2012 and they ended up with the best QB prospect since Manning.

Seahawks had to struggle with Hasselbeck, Jackson, and Whitehurst for 2 years before striking gold with Russell Wilson.

I'm not saying Wilson is better than Luck, but I am also NOT saying that Luck is better than Wilson, because that's further from the damn truth, and I think everyone with half a mind knows that too.

On one hand, you have Luck... he gets to come into the league, like some football Messiah getting number 1 reps, with a Halll of Fame WR in Reggie Wayne serving as QB Whisperer, and of course they blew up that team, can't too have too many Manning loyalists lying around or that pressure of having to replace him would always be a monkey on Luck's back. Plus, that team was old as hell.

On the other hand, you have Wilson... no HoF WR who once caught passes from a HoF QB for 10 years ushering him into the league... also no Red Carpet treatment... Wilson not only had to outplay two other QBs who were veterans in this league but once he did it, he had to earn the respect of everyone in that locker-room who thought Tarvaris Jackson got a bad deal, or those who felt Matt Flynn was their guy. Wilson rised above all of that to get where he is today... and not only does he have a 21-7 record but those 7 losses total an accumulative of just 33 points. Less than 5 points per loss. Wilson has yet to lose at Century Link.

Also, a lot of analysis place tremendous value into Luck's Game Winning Drives and 4th Quarter Comebacks rather than the full statistical outlook. Wilson also isn't that far behind in those categories, and it occurred to me that in comparison could it be since Wilson has won more games, has never been blown out, and has statistically better numbers than Luck in most criteria across the board ... could it be that Wilson doesn't need as many 4th Quarter CB and GWD simply because he's the better QB on the better team.

Not to take anything, from Luck, EFF IT, all evidence points to Wilson being the better QB, might as well say it, IDC if it hurts feelings, Wilson is a Seahawks, and I wouldn't trade him for any other QB in the NFL right now or ever... he's just that damn unique... once in a life time... once in a life time ever...there is no comparison for what he can do on the field plus all the intangibles, multiplied by all the integrity he has an football player, as an professional athlete, and has a man under God and of this World.

I never ever want to imagine a day where Wilson doesn't end his interview with anything other than " Go 'Hawks"

Right down to his death bed, after 20 year career as a player, a 15 year career as a coach/HC of the Seattle Seahawks, and a 10 year gig in an executive capacity until retiring with a Life Time Achievement Award .

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2f3z3uny said:
Tough on Luck?
So you're saying that you believe Luck can scamper as well as Russell Wilson, and buy time for his receivers to get open, or that he every bit as studious, puts in the same amount of time in the film room as RW, as DURABLE as RW, and that he'd be able to shake off all the pressures, and sacks as good as RW can?, :roll: okay
Just keep in mind, that Russell Wilson has been pressured harder, and way more often than ANY other Quarterback in the League this Season, and even with defenses targeting him, he STILL has managed to find a way to help win 9 of 10 this Season, even when the Defense was faltering at times.
Not saying that Luck isn't a Quarterback that has attributes running out his wazzoo, but Wilson has proven that he's every bit as physically gifted, and talented.
I think it's been proven that Wilson was way under-valued, and underestimated in last Years Draft.
I'm seeing Defenses targeting Wilson a lot more this Year, but I'm also seeing Wilson finding his way through the fire, and growing his confidence in the bargain.

Teqneek

Reaction score
Vetamur":2elpadka said:

Again logic and real life seems to ellude the most intelligent posters. I forget, everything someone tells you is true right? And.. the best part of this post .. "Go look it up" Where.. on the internet? Where everything is true.. GOod god.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Vetamur":1e70sd2x said:

Yes, I believe it. Two words: Jim Irsay.